Growing A Beard

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Bald heady days?

The word heady has no context with the word head. I'm willing to be corrected on this if you can give me an example sentence.

Edited by hk blues

Just now, hk blues said:

The word heady has no context with the word heady. I'm willing to be corrected on this if you can give me an example sentence.

It was a joke.  A play on words.  

I've had a beard since I was twelve, so that's clearly what Our Lord had intended for me. I am a massive tramp and ugly too, though I'm not a paedophile. I'd always thought a weedy moustache was the tell-tale sign for that group.

As someone else mentioned, goatee (or, more accurately, a Van Dyke) for the summer months, full beard for the winter. I've been growing it out since the grey kicked in, as I've heard a few kids randomly telling their parents, "look, it's Santa!" over the past year, and I'm quite enjoying giving them a wink and shushing them.

I am not a paedophile.

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I've had a beard since I was twelve, so that's clearly what Our Lord had intended for me. I am a massive tramp and ugly too, though I'm not a paedophile. I'd always thought a weedy moustache was the tell-tale sign for that group.

As someone else mentioned, goatee (or, more accurately, a Van Dyke) for the summer months, full beard for the winter. I've been growing it out since the grey kicked in, as I've heard a few kids randomly telling their parents, "look, it's Santa!" over the past year, and I'm quite enjoying giving them a wink and shushing them.

I am not a paedophile.

The rule is if you deny something twice it’s like a double negative.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Heres mine. Colour scheme unfortunately starting to show too many winters but I shall be retaining this until I have shaved my head, and had a chance to see if a barber can turn it into something that looks decent. 20200516_104147.jpeg

Beardnardo account to make an appearance?

11 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Get a good quality beard shampoo. Never use the stuff you use on your head on your beard. The hair strands are completely different. Invest in a good beard moisturizer and oil. When washing your beard, use a beard comb to shape your beard as you like it. Dab it dry, but not bone dry and apply the beard oil to help it hold it's shape. The moisturizer should help with the itching, which tends to go away after a month or so anyway.

Absolute nonsense champion. You seem like the kind of guy who would go to the Braw Beard Championships. You've been roped in by consumerism.

Just let it fucking grow. I've had beard for like 6/7 years or something now, absolutely hated shaving. It's never been particularly itchy because I'm not a tink and I wash regularly. I use shampoo blocks from Lush (plastic free) and works fine but literally any other shampoo I've used down the years has been alright apart from Head and Shoulders.

Just now, Smurph said:

Absolute nonsense champion. You seem like the kind of guy who would go to the Braw Beard Championships. You've been roped in by consumerism.

Just let it fucking grow. I've had beard for like 6/7 years or something now, absolutely hated shaving. It's never been particularly itchy because I'm not a tink and I wash regularly. I use shampoo blocks from Lush (plastic free) and works fine but literally any other shampoo I've used down the years has been alright apart from Head and Shoulders.

Pish. The skin on your face isn't the same as the skin on your scalp. Neither are the hair follicles. Use ordinary head shampoo if you want dry flaky facial skin with a dry washed out looking beard that can't be shaped.

I'll stick to doing it properly. Champ.