Conspiracy Theories

2 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm considering banning unicorns as well, as I reckon the horn will cause unacceptable damage to our walls (MATRON!) but I'm still considering the pros and cons.

No way. As the National Animal of Scotland, unicorns are unbannable.

So get it up ye.

On 03/04/2024 at 20:51, Scary Bear said:

I’m seeing a few comments on Facebook just now about weather modifiction and ‘geoengineered weather’. I suspect it’s cause it’s been raining so often in Scotland.

What’s that all about?

Part of me wishes it was true. Then there would be a solution; kill the c***s.

No time to watch that, but presumably it's about stubborn boomers grasping at straws to avoid changing anything about their habits, and leaving it up to their suffering kids to deal with the disastrous consequences.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

No time to watch that, but presumably it's about stubborn boomers grasping at straws to avoid changing anything about their habits, and leaving it up to their suffering kids to deal with the disastrous consequences.

You should make the time. IMO.

8 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You should make the time. IMO.

Would you be able to share a brief summary of the main points? 

13 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The truth about the climate change bullshite......

I've seen this doing the rounds on twitter. The problem with things like this is, the movie claims to debunk all the points of the opposite side, while upon its release you have the other side immediately debunking every point in the movie. Nobody from either side will ever be converted.

55 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I've seen this doing the rounds on twitter. The problem with things like this is, the movie claims to debunk all the points of the opposite side, while upon its release you have the other side immediately debunking every point in the movie. Nobody from either side will ever be converted.

Some folk just won't see reason until it affects the Sasquatches. Sad.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

I don't think that's true. Jeremy Clarkson changed his mind, in public at least. What happens on Twitter isn't a great barometer for what normal people in reality are up to. 

6 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

WTF has twitter got to do with this? People on here calling it a load of shite, without even watching it.

Dearie fucking me.

We get limited time on this earth. When 99% of the punters who know what they’re talking about go ‘aye this is thing’ and then a couple of random wee guys go ‘eh, naw it isnae’, it’s expedient to balance it out and reason that the punters who know what they’re talking about know what they’re talking about. I mean, what’s the worst scenario here? The planet isn’t fucked? Yay, then. 

57 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

We get limited time on this earth. When 99% of the punters who know what they’re talking about go ‘aye this is thing’ and then a couple of random wee guys go ‘eh, naw it isnae’, it’s expedient to balance it out and reason that the punters who know what they’re talking about know what they’re talking about. I mean, what’s the worst scenario here? The planet isn’t fucked? Yay, then. 

Only, it's not a couple of 'random wee guys' it's the top scientists in their field, Nobel prizes etc.

The guy who made it also made a documentary about the benefits of silicone breast implants.  So global warming - made up; massive tits - very good.  

It's a political programme I can get on board with.

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The guy who made it also made a documentary about the benefits of silicone breast implants.  So global warming - made up; massive tits - very good.  

It's a political programme I can get on board with.

I don’t see there’s a conflict in the two. Miami’s arguably the plastic surgery capital of the world and also meant to be largely underwater in a century. So if there’s plenty of skilled surgeons that can put massive norks into you that you can float around on it’ll ease the evolution into folks becoming mer-people. 

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Only, it's not a couple of 'random wee guys' it's the top scientists in their field, Nobel prizes etc.

Top scientists and others throughout the land shouldn't criticise what they don't understand for the climate it is changing. 

As for Nobel winners, Bob Dylan got one for his songs but he can't sing, he can't even sing as well as Lenny

5 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Too bad it’s not the field dealing with the subject at hand, eh?

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Too bad it’s not the field dealing with the subject at hand, eh?

Yeah, they're all a bunch of morons that don't know what they're talking about.

Unlike the experts on here.

Thank you.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again