COVID-19 In Scottish Football

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I probably wouldn't start with this, to be honest, because this would basically be an admission that you were gaming the system by asking for a postponement, unlike Killie who actually had our entire squad missing.

I wouldn't worry. That situation only existed in his tiny mind.

We had several players who actually had the virus and were incapacitated by it. The rest were self-isolating as a result.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I have every faith that St Mirren aren't thick enough to be basing an appeal on "aye but they're doing it too", as though they're a bunch of daft wee school kids.

_90011794_tonyf.jpg.2386e3783d054f6239d08c26d2cf1b43.jpg

25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My understanding is that while players are on international duty they are considered part of a "bubble" and do not mix with the outside world. This is vastly different to the club situation where players are free to go about their normal life outside of the football environment.

I have every faith that our club (and St Mirren) aren't thick enough to be basing an appeal on "aye but they're doing it too", as though they're a bunch of daft wee school kids.

So the rules within an International bubble are different to a domestic bubbles socially distance rules which we were deemed to have breeched while on the team bus or pre-match meal?

Edited by C4mmy31

31 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Hopefully Callum Davidson recovers soon. The poor man is hallucinating and must be running an awful temperature, he's in todays press saying Zander Clark should be in the Scotland squad.

Get well soon, C'lum. 

The full squad players may need some training partners so good for the Perth boys to volunteer.

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Killie and St Mirren going full Budge?

Slippery slope that.

What we should have done was , purchase our own Covid testing machine and keep the results in house. 

Celtic and Rangers have been flying all over Europe for games and miraculously have recorded very few(if any) cases. 

And the rest , which I'm sure will come to light during the appeal process. 
This isn't an appeal into the rule breaches, it's an appeal against the penalty passed down so there will be absolutely no element of having to produce evidence of wrongdoing elsewhere !

An appeal will need to be based on "case law" so to speak to have any credibility. Saints and Killie will need to provide evidence that the punishment is excessive, presumably that can only be done via previous example.

12 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Celtic and Rangers have been flying all over Europe for games and miraculously have recorded very few(if any) cases. 

Do you imagine you think they're going out on the jolly after the game? UEFA will not be wanting its competitions scuppered over pish like this, so it'll be plane, bus, game, bus, plane with as little outside interaction as possible.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

11 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

An appeal will need to be based on "case law" so to speak to have any credibility. Saints and Killie will need to provide evidence that the punishment is excessive, presumably that can only be done via previous example.

The only similar example of a 3-0 forfeit, I'm aware of, is Napoli deducted 1 point because they refused to travel, under instruction of their local health authority. Their case is also set for appeal btw.

Unless your aware of another example of points awarded or deducted?

Based on the above, I'd say the punishment handed down by the SPFL is excessive within the rest of Europe.

9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

The only similar example of a 3-0 forfeit, I'm aware of, is Napoli deducted 1 point because they refused to travel, under instruction of their local health authority. Their case is also set for appeal btw.

Based on the above, I'd say the punishment handed down by the SPFL is excessive within the rest of Europe.

Are the Killie and St Mirren guys on here going to come up with your own “8gamestogo” type spokesperson?

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

So the rules within an International bubble are different to a domestic bubbles socially distance rules which we were deemed to have breeched while on the team bus or pre-match meal?

Yes, I think so, in the same way that you're allowed to sit next to people in your household.

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Are the Killie and St Mirren guys on here going to come up with your own “8gamestogo” type spokesperson?

Why not? You guys have your own 8gamestogo in Dave Cormack afterall, banging the same old tired drum, to anybody who'll listen to him, about lack of fans/money through the gates etc....

Edited by C4mmy31

17 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Why not? You guys have your own 8gamestogo in Dave Cormack afterall, banging the same old tired drum, to anybody who'll listen to him, about lack of fans/money through the gates etc....

Is he getting to you?

2 hours ago, Ric said:

Jesus, talk about tackling the man rather than the ball.

Holocaust deniers should have their hateful, abhorrent views brought up at every opportunity.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

What rules have Napoli admitted to breaching?

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Holocaust deniers should have their hateful, abhorrent views brought up at every opportunity.

Is that why people are getting a bit pissed at my comment. I'm clearly not defending anyone who would say such a thing, the whole post though is pretty shoddy even for RG.

35 minutes ago, Ric said:

Is that why people are getting a bit pissed at my comment. I'm clearly not defending anyone who would say such a thing, the whole post though is pretty shoddy even for RG.

Wisbit was banned off this site after outing himself as a holocaust denier, and having a multi-day, multi-thread, homophobic meltdown towards one poster.

Forgive me for not giving a single f**k about his feelings.