Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

It’s a pretty convoluted route to the World Cup via the nations league. Essentially two of the twelve playoff spots available can be won via the nations league if you win your group and don’t finish in the top two of your other group.
Indeed. Nae danger we're finishing top 2 of our main group but we have a decent chance of winning our NL group... If we take it seriously.

1 minute ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Whisper it but we seem to be growing into this formation. We're playing better than the other night. Fraser is a decent player when he shows up, and Considine hasn't done too much wrong yet. 

We've not created a chance or had a shot on target at home to a juch changed Slovakian side. Better defensively, but we are still woeful on the ball. 

The fact we are keeping the ball a bit better isnt much progress.

2 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Whisper it but we seem to be growing into this formation. We're playing better than the other night. Fraser is a decent player when he shows up, and Considine hasn't done too much wrong yet. 

Absolutely.  Even Thursday was better than the Czech game.  I think Clarke is going to do awesome with us, you can see it coming on.  We are going to be a team that doesn;t concede many goals, and what a starting point that is.  Its very exciting, though turgid pish to watch.

Half time and another 45 minutes of typical Scotland under Steve Clark.
Pedestrian, unimaginative, no shots on target. Same old same old, dull as dishwater.
Slovakia don’t look that arsed either tbf. This will likely fade out to another 0-0, not even a penalty shoot out to look forward to tonight.

4 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

i actually agree and i dont expect to see good football anytime soon but how many national teams like ireland and NI have done this to reach euros and WC, early days of clark we were still conceding really poor goals , we've started to cut that out. will take a while but i have to agree we look slightly more comfortable.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Any time there is some broken play we pass it backwards. God forbid we try to move forward quickly before they get re-organised.

We are absolutely terrible at counter attacking. Every single time we slow things down and turn round and pass backwards. Infuriating to see.

I think we look a lot better to be honest. Keeping the ball more, we have made some decent quick moves forward with Dykes and Fraser - more positive overall. Look a bit more solid defensively. Shots on target are just about the only area that hasn’t improved sadly. 

Just now, Gordopolis said:
3 minutes ago, gerrymcc1978 said:
this is how ROI and NI reached torunaments i'm willing to put up with ths if we can get to tournaments

Interestingly ROI are trying to go the opposite way now.

aye and they dont look too great. bering on the turgid football