Scotland vs Slovakia (UEFA Nations League)

charger29

This just shows you how baw-achingly bad that that game on Thursday actually was, this is turgid shite but it’s like watching Barca v Real in comparison to the Israel game!!!

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think they also scored now and again though.

That comes next.  He's right at the start of building a team. First you stop conceding goals, the rest of the team will start to function better the more we play it, right now we need to get the defence sorted. It looks like he has and that gives us a chance in any game we play straight away.  

Israel had one good chance in 120 minutes, Slovakia have had none in 45.  This is good, what we are watching is excellent progress.

3 minutes ago, Lex said:

Half time and another 45 minutes of typical Scotland under Steve Clark.
Pedestrian, unimaginative, no shots on target. Same old same old, dull as dishwater.
Slovakia don’t look that arsed either tbf. This will likely fade out to another 0-0, not even a penalty shoot out to look forward to tonight.

Well f**k off then.

34 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Watching the match on mute with Liam McLeod and Willie Miller on the radio. Playing a drinking game where you have a drink every time Liam announces the score.

He has told us the score (0-0) 8 times within the first 15 minutes. 🥃

Enjoyable first half imo.

Screenshot_20201011-203615_Gallery.thumb.jpg.c536f1781c0e40a584a54f36ea969507.jpg

FFS 28 times in the first half. He also keeps saying Grey Goose is playing for Slovakia.

Higher or lower second half?

1 minute ago, Blootoon87 said:

I, for one, welcome the new Steve Clarke era of shitefesting.

This

We have been better than Thursday but that would not be difficult. 

We lack that composure and final ball. We have been in very good positions but we invariably turn back the way. FKIN infuriating 

But there is something in this shitfesting. How many times have we played well and lost.

As someone mentioned earlier Rep of Ireland perfected this as we watched them in finals. Time for us to do similar. 

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

That comes next.  He's right at the start of building a team. First you stop conceding goals, the rest of the team will start to function better the more we play it, right now we need to get the defence sorted. It looks like he has and that gives us a chance in any game we play straight away.  

Israel had one good chance in 120 minutes, Slovakia have had none in 45.  This is good, what we are watching is excellent progress.

Don't get me wrong, I knew what we were signing up for when we made Clarke manager, it's just eye-bleeding stuff.

3 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Actually in your world of absolute nonsense this is probably the most salient point you've made. 

Building from the back. It's not bright fast passing football but it's working. 

The football really is turgid. There's players there who are exciting and dynamic for their clubs who just aren't when pulling on a Scotland jersey. Maybe Clarke insisting on having five men behind the ball at all times is a factor. Can understand it against Spain not Israel & Slovakia.

I’d get McRorie on for Fleck. I’m relatively happy with the performance. We look solid, we’re fighting for every ball. Just a little better quality going forward could get us the win.

I’m delighted fans aren’t allowed because despite knowing it would be shite I know I’d have paid good money to go to this.
I always pity the poor bugger on the ball as he only ever has one option at most, and that’s usually backwards.

1 minute ago, rainbowrising said:

This is like tuning in to BBC Alba to watch a league game just for the sake of watching. Beyond tedious.  Israel were around our level and for all the well organised formation stuff tonight we match up to Slovakia not much different. 

At least with Alba the commentary is just background noise rather than having your ears assaulted by Crocker and Provan.

11 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

We are so, so slow at everything.

That's the hallmark of a player with poor technique - they take three or four touches to put the ball where a good player puts it in one. Even our best players have relatively weak technique - their strengths are usually speed, physicality, decision-making, positioning, a good cross on one foot, stuff like that. Very few Scots have great control with the ball at feet.