Diego Mara-goner

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I see two of the three funeral workers who took selfies with the body are now dead too. The other is critical. 

https://www.clarin.com/policiales/aparecio-empleado-funeraria-saco-foto-diego-maradona-muerto_0_muvzHjHrN.html

Wonder if it was one of the dead ones or the critically injured one who walked into a police station with his lawyer?

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I see two of the three funeral workers who took selfies with the body are now dead too. The other is critical. 

Some pics/videos landed in my WhatsApp. Very grim viewing for 5secs before I worked out what it was and then it’s no no no...not for me  

All undertakers do this, it's a well known fact. You think your old dead relative is lying peacefully at rest before the funeral. The truth is they're guest of honour at a party with clown make up and a balloon hat.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

13 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Going to call fake news on the lads getting murdered. Although, I would still fear for them

But probably better for the undertakers if the various boca ultra groups think the other ones have bumped them off

Here's a scenario for the 'Messi has to win a World Cup' crowd:

1) It's the WC2022 final. It's Argentina versus, say, Italy. The match finishes and goes to penalties. Messi scores his penalty. His teammates perform poorer and Italy win.

2) It's the WC2022 final. It's Argentina versus, say, Italy. The match finishes and goes to penalties. Messi scores his penalty. Italy perform poorer and Argentina win.

Is Messi thought of differently in Scenario 2 than Scenario 1? If not, why not?

There's no need to draw up a hypothetical scenario when Argentina could have slithered to one of the most ill-deserved successes of all time in the 2014 final.

The much larger body of evidence of Argentina being insipid shite for the past 14 years with Messi perennially looking lost/retiring/unretiring/looking lost again is of course far more important. 

Argentina's opponents in 2014 btw:

Bosnia-Herzegovina.

B4B69545-A189-453C-97FC-1DCCF933CE23.png.7604d4bf06687ba0612974bc06b69402.png

Iran.

Nigeria.

Switzerland.

(diddy) Belgium.

Netherlands (won on penalties)

That's up there with England 2018 in getting the Dukla Pumpherston, Berwick Rangers and Fort William of international football laid out before you*. 32 team World Cups are not a credible benchmark for anything.

Spoiler

Though unlike England Argentina didn't get papped out by Dukla in the semis regardless.

IMG-20200727-WA0002.jpg.bff83cfdce1305696804a9f6cf901119.jpg

Edited by vikingTON

https://youtu.be/BJolXFpRCvI

Not sure if the link works but the HBO “Diego Maradona” film is on YouTube and well worth watching. All about his time in Naples and the pressure that he was under which you can see led to the drug taking etc.

The fact he did what he did in spite of his lifestyle (get fucked up Sunday to Wednesday and then train for the weekend) - imagine if he had been clean. 

I read he had a prosthetic rubber dick and supply of someone else’s clean piss to enable him to evade drug detection for years. 

Edited by Snobot

1 minute ago, Snobot said:

https://youtu.be/BJolXFpRCvI

Not sure if the link works but the HBO “Diego Maradona” film is on YouTube and well worth watching. All about his time in Naples and the pressure that he was under which you can see led to the drug taking etc.

The fact he did what he did in spite of his lifestyle (get fucked up Sunday to Wednesday and then train for the weekend) - imagine if he had been clean. 

I read he had a rubber dick and supply of someone else’s clean piss to enable him to evade drug detection for years. 

Just finished watching it. Cracking documentary and the fall from grace with Italian fans at Italia '90 was pretty stark. I'm surprised he lasted in Naples as long as he did, his life there looked absolutely suffocating in many respects, although I imagine having access to a limitless supply of top-notch ching and hookers slightly made up for that. 

The match highlights are absolutely fucking glorious. Some of his touches, feints, assists and goals are just ridiculous considering Serie A was supposed to be a bastion of defensive football.