St Mirren v Aberdeen Sat 5th Dec.

4 hours ago, BIG BEN said:
22 hours ago, NorthBank said:
For all his nice touches outside the box Obika was rank in the box. 24 shots on goal and none by Obika. Cross after cross into the box and he never wins a header or loses his man. Some slick passes through to him and he falls over the ball. He is playing as a striker and we are creating loads of chances but he never even gets a shot away. He may be the best we have but he is ineffective.

Hes playing as a lone striker and did a good job yesterday. Timed one run to perfection between the aberdeen backline where he would have been one on one only for Connolly or Durmus to intercept it and play it inside

His ability to hold the ball up and his link up play are far better than any other forwards we have. 

34 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Playing football or flagging down a taxi?

Stonewall penalty even under the old rules.

A still picture doesn’t show the whole situation, as you are well aware.

Watched a few re runs as well as it live and it’s just as harsh as the red card. 
You wouldn’t  have deserved to lose the game though so be happy you got some breaks to get your point. 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just for you. Still a definite penalty.

Yeah with the laws the way they are now it’s a penalty, and many have been given for similar or even harsher this season.

It’s still a pish rule though. Not much Hoban can do. If it was your player you would have sympathy for him.

32 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I'd have been a bit pissed off had a St Mirren player got a second yellow for what Ferguson did. He puts both his arms round Obika's waist right enough, but I think he's a bit unlucky. There's no debate whatsoever about the penalty though.

As it’s 2 yellows, is there any right of appeal?

Love all this "well with the rules as they are now" stuff. The guy sticks his hand out deliberately to block the ball. It's by his side and he lifts it and leans towards the ball. It's the clearest penalty you'll see.

Yeah with the laws the way they are now it’s a penalty, and many have been given for similar or even harsher this season.
It’s still a pish rule though. Not much Hoban can do. If it was your player you would have sympathy for him.

Not much Hoban can do... apart from not moving his arm towards the ball and block it [emoji23].

I know these things happen in a split second but I don't know what he was trying to do there.

He was very close to the ball, I'll give him that but the ball was moving towards goal until he moved his arm and blocked it.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, GAD said:

Love all this "well with the rules as they are now" stuff. The guy sticks his hand out deliberately to block the ball. It's by his side and he lifts it and leans towards the ball. It's the clearest penalty you'll see.

Not quite as clear as the handball we had somehow turned down against you last season, but it was a penalty just the same.