2020 on P&B - Best and Worst

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Joking apart, you're drinking wine at 9:30am and don't see an issue with that? 

Been to ASDA, into work, the butcher, Marks and Spencer (where I bumped into Lawrence Shankland and congratulated him on his goal last night), home, did stuff in the house and now sitting playing scrabble whilst having a glass of wine.

This is effectively lunch time for me.

I appreciate your concern though and hope you have a merry Christmas.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Been to ASDA, into work, the butcher, Marks and Spencer (where I bumped into Lawrence Shankland and congratulated him on his goal last night), home, did stuff in the house and now sitting playing scrabble whilst having a glass of wine.

This is effectively lunch time for me.

I appreciate your concern though and hope you have a merry Christmas.

Oh. I'm not concerned but I'd imagine you should be.  Anyhow, if drinking wine at 9:30am because it feels like lunchtime is OK for you, then who am I to question it.

P.S. I'm sure it made Lawrence's day to receive your congratulations.  Probably his year in fact.

I abstained from voting as I knew our southern neighbours would decide for the rest of us in the UK.
I was proved correct!
My choice has always been to stay in the EU.

No, your choice was not to favour staying in the EU over leaving in the EU. Your choice was to make no choice.

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

You keep strong brother, people like us (good posters), don't need to be reminded of our problems inn life 

You, deserve all you get, as you are a c**t.

^^^ sacked his gardener before the ferlough payments were announced.  Drunk on power

You're on a roll the day, brother. 

40 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

This is just not factually correct I'm afraid. I - sadly - know of multiple independence supporting SNP members who voted leave because they don't believe Scotland can be "truly" independent within any union. It's utter fucking nonsense of course, but that's what they believe.

Your assertion that 30+% of SNP members voted tactically makes no sense for two real reasons, firstly as evidenced by every election in history, it's basically impossible to "tactically organise" a large group of people to vote against their beliefs and / or Party. The public vote for what they want or what their natural Party want because they aren't engaged / interested to the degree ever required to get involved in something that would involve tactical voting.

The other reason, perhaps more pertinently, is that the actual basis for the "tactical voting" makes no fucking sense. If it was well known that England and Wales were a lot more in favour of leaving the EU than Scotland was and that the vote in those countries might be close, how does it possibly improve the chances of Independence by taking a position that aligns itself directly with England and Wales (thereby displaying a united union)? It's the exact opposite of benefitting the independence cause and is frankly fucking mental.

The Boxing thread would win my "Thread of the Year 2020" award, btw. 

But I’m not claiming that all 30% of the snp voters who voted leave were doing it to try and trigger Indy ref 2 I’m just saying some of them did it. Your first point you say it’s impossible to tactically organise voters to vote against their beliefs but that’s exactly what they have done considering the SNP don’t want an independent Scotland outside of the EU, they couldn’t support this anyway as it’s too much of a leap of faith to expect to get a majority of Scots to vote themselves out of the EU and the U.K. at the same time. So the people you know who are SNP voters who voted to leave are voting against what their party believes in.

Your second point about aligning ourselves with rUK does make sense but the reality was that we were never going to be anywhere like a 45/55% split when it came to the EU and were always going to be strongly in favour of it, those voting to leave were also likely fairly complacent anyway as leave never looked like winning in the weeks running up to the referendum and it was a no lose situation for them. I remember a leave vote was about 4/1 a fortnight before the election and before they pulled the bus with the NHS slogan out the bag.

You basically need to just ask yourself 

1 - What’s the main reason Indy ref 2 is on the agenda right now.?
&

2 - Could people with a bit of foresight see this occurring if we voted to leave?

Also fwiw this is not a swipe at the SNP voters, I voted yes/SNP/remain myself and have hated every second of the brexit shit show.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I had too much to drink and felt ill the following day.  Not too much of a mystery and the reason I avoid drinking to excess.

I know P&B have posters of all ages and I’d imagine that the slightly older ones would agree that getting drunk has worse consequences the older one gets.

In my case it was a godsend (and I'm an atheist)!

I remember it well. 11pm., Sunday 30th December, 2012 I finished my last glass of rum and my last cigarette.

Got up Hogmanay morning feeling a wee bit under the weather.

Had my usual cup of black coffee (neat) and then reached for my cigs.

Decided to wait a wee while before I smoked.

This lasted until lunch time then tea time then the next day and so on.

I went cauld turkey and have never had a smoke since then.

So the demon drink had some nice consequence for me.

2036911820_ovdfull.jpg.435aa44fa675c1d4bd10a9a9a3b35203.jpg

13 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

I abstained from voting as I knew our southern neighbours would decide for the rest of us in the UK.

I was proved correct!

My choice has always been to stay in the EU.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

How exactly did that help the cause of independence, having the English vote a teeny bit closer to Scotland's?

It's nothing to do with independence. I knew that England would decide for all of us.

Was I right?

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

No, your choice was not to favour staying in the EU over leaving in the EU. Your choice was to make no choice.

Read wot I wrote. 

"I abstained from voting as I knew our southern neighbours would decide for the rest of us in the UK"

Was I right?

My preference has always been to stay in the EU but at the referendum (in the grand scheme of things) my choice as well as Scotlands choice turned out to be irrelevant.

Drinking wine in the morning is seriously dangerous behaviour for a pensioner as well. I have had a few scares in the last few years that began with hitting the drink early and the thought of it makes me pretty anxious. Have a word with yourself GD.

9 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

It's nothing to do with independence. I knew that England would decide for all of us.

Was I right?

Read wot I wrote. 

"I abstained from voting as I knew our southern neighbours would decide for the rest of us in the UK"

Was I right?

My preference has always been to stay in the EU but at the referendum (in the grand scheme of things) my choice as well as Scotlands choice turned out to be irrelevant.

The bigger the vote in Scotland for Remain, the better the case for another indyref due to material change.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

Drinking wine in the morning is seriously dangerous behaviour for a pensioner as well. I have had a few scares in the last few years that began with hitting the drink early and the thought of it makes me pretty anxious. Have a word with yourself GD.

bulldhit

Drinking a anytime has an uplife on your life, What your talking about is getting pished then playing youtube songs all day. One is a problem, the other is your problem, punk

Read wot I wrote. 
Was I right?

Yes, I read it loud and clear. You abstained from voting, which means your preference was neither to stay in nor to leave the EU. You can dress it up all you want, but that's what you voted (or didn't vote) for.

Claiming you didn't vote because your vote wouldn't count anyway is dodging the issue that your own individual actions pushed us a tiny wee bit closer to Brexit, along with millions of others like you.

39 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Was I right?

Read wot I wrote. 

Was I right?

On 22/06/2016 at 11:38, Granny Danger said:

I reckon you're correct. The greed and self-interest that unites the Tories is greater than anything that divides them. Nonetheless a blood battle would be lovely.

On 22/06/2016 at 11:42, Wee Willie said:

I concur, therefore I think I'll vote #Leave (but still no sure).

Depends how much he's drinking. If he only drinks one glass of wine a day, it's irrelevant what time it is.
Probably great for his health too.