Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Even Nick Ferrari is getting pissed off by them.

They can't admit he had the whip withdrawn for Islamophobia or they'd have to do the same to Suella and Liz.

39 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

You really have to wonder where the Tories are headed post GE when they will be outwith the glare of power. Their great reset is going to be more akin to a wrecking ball.

I'm less worried about what becomes of the Tories than the fact that there are so many people in the UK, but mostly in England, who are now openly responding to the deeply racist dog whistle from the likes of Anderson, Truss, Braverman and Tice.  The last two weeks has been like lifting a stone and seeing the insects crawl around.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm less worried about what becomes of the Tories than the fact that there are so many people in the UK, but mostly in England, who are now openly responding to the deeply racist dog whistle from the likes of Anderson, Truss, Braverman and Tice.  The last two weeks has been like lifting a stone and seeing the insects crawl around.

These people were always there.  Previously they were regarded as oddballs who admired Enoch Powell and you were unlucky if you ever found you had to talk to any of them.  Nowadays, especially after Brexit, their views are more often heard and they are shown more respect than they ever deserved. 

I suspect MSM is largely to blame, especially down in England.  There are a number of newspaper owners who probably lean more towards the Reform Party but realise that only the Tories are electable.  Every time some right-wing populist has anything to say, in the UK, the USA or Europe, they get far more coverage and encouragement than they should.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

These people were always there.  Previously they were regarded as oddballs who admired Enoch Powell and you were unlucky if you ever found you had to talk to any of them.  Nowadays, especially after Brexit, their views are more often heard and they are shown more respect than they ever deserved. 

I suspect MSM is largely to blame, especially down in England.  There are a number of newspaper owners who probably lean more towards the Reform Party but realise that only the Tories are electable.  Every time some right-wing populist has anything to say, in the UK, the USA or Europe, they get far more coverage and encouragement than they should.

I agree that they were always there, but never in such numbers and across such a range of social classes.  It's a moot point if the media is further inflaming their atavistic fears and prejudices or whether it is merely reflecting them - either way it's very disturbing.

And after Brexit I think all bets are off on just WHO may be electable, the continental European drift towards the far right could conceivably take root in swathes of England.  There's a lot of suggestible people about.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I agree that they were always there, but never in such numbers and across such a range of social classes.  It's a moot point if the media is further inflaming their atavistic fears and prejudices or whether it is merely reflecting them - either way it's very disturbing.

And after Brexit I think all bets are off on just WHO may be electable, the continental European drift towards the far right could conceivably take root in swathes of England.  There's a lot of suggestible people about.

Brexit encouraged them.  People who voted Leave because they are racist probably assumed all other Leave voters are racist and thus their views are more mainstream than they originally thought.

Anderson fucked up massively by mentioning Khan. If it had been some non entity left wing backbencher or councillor, he'd probably have been OK.

On 27/02/2024 at 12:52, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Exactly this. But I wouldn't pretend that this stops at the border. 

19 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Whan all these Tory MPs say what Anderson said was wrong, are they taking wrong to mean "factually incorrect" as opposed to "massively racist"?

"wrong" meaning "tactically naive, but what we'd all like to say" . 

30 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Gove must know where to get the good stuff in Aberdeen

I tend not to put too much faith in opinion polls, but given the binfire of publicity the SNP have had for a while now, I hadn't expected to see this... From the Scotsman a day or so ago...

"The Scottish Conservatives have slipped to their lowest vote share in the polls since Liz Truss was Prime Minister as they gather for their party conference starting today.

New polling by Survation, for communications agency Quantum Communications, has the Tories on just 15 per cent, compared to the SNP on 38 per cent and Scottish Labour on 33 per cent."

Not much evidence of tens of thousands switching from SNP to Tory and the SNP still ahead of the Labour branch office.

Ross the Ref today appealing for WibbleDem and Labour supporters to vote Tory to keep DA ESSENPEE out.

Aye, Ross. Aye, that's gonnae happen. At the same time as Kirkie Rob Roy lift the SPFL Premier Trophy at their 25k capacity stadium in the town.

9 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Ross the Ref today appealing for WibbleDem and Labour supporters to vote Tory to keep DA ESSENPEE out.

Aye, Ross. Aye, that's gonnae happen. At the same time as Kirkie Rob Roy lift the SPFL Premier Trophy at their 25k capacity stadium in the town.

Tactical voting wheel will be along soon..

Ross saying only the Tories can protect oil and gas jobs in the North East. 

Is that the same oil and gas that we were assured was rapidly running out 10 years ago in the Referendum? 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Ross saying only the Tories can protect oil and gas jobs in the North East. 

Is that the same oil and gas that we were assured was rapidly running out 10 years ago in the Referendum? 

There appears to be the hint of a suggestion in your post that unionist politicians may be a tad misleading in respect of issues relating to Scotland's future.

Surely such a thing is out of the question! 🤔