Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

Poor Maguire doesn't have much going for him already, the last thing he needs is the Tories using his photo to pretend that Sunak even knows what football is.

I look forward to Tory HQ using Glasgow Willy Wonka memes when the 2029 General Election comes around.

18 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Another shambles that will ultimately cost more than the saving it was initiated for.  It really is embarrassing for these clowns but they probably won't notice.

Still, not to worry. Any compensation (unlikely though that might be) would be a lump sum of taxable income. For many with other pensions, 20% will go straight back to HMG in income tax, and some might even pay 40% or 45%.

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Still, not to worry. Any compensation (unlikely though that might be) would be a lump sum of taxable income. For many with other pensions, 20% will go straight back to HMG in income tax, and some might even pay 40%.

Indeed. A lot will be lost to lawyers etc though and it's dubious how much tax we'll get back from those shysters.

The pensions thing isn’t really because of this Tory Government and it wasn’t directly to make fiscal savings.

The Tories accelerated the timeline and made changes to the NI rules but most of what’s being comped is a civil service failure under Tony Blair’s government.

The pension ages had to be equalised because it was discriminatory against men previously. The fact that the changes made everyone equally as badly off shouldn’t be a surprise. 

The compensation is being recommended because the dwp didn’t act on feedback in 2005 and 2006. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

The pensions thing isn’t really because of this Tory Government and it wasn’t directly to make fiscal savings.

The Tories accelerated the timeline and made changes to the NI rules but most of what’s being comped is a civil service failure under Tony Blair’s government.

The pension ages had to be equalised because it was discriminatory against men previously. The fact that the changes made everyone equally as badly off shouldn’t be a surprise. 

The compensation is being recommended because the dwp didn’t act on feedback in 2005 and 2006. 

I read it that the change in timeline was the primary factor but maybe incorrect. The Tories are directly responsible for the sheer ineptitude (through strangling funding) of public service organisations like DWP and HMRC though.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

That's true, but it will be for this government (or the next one if the GE is soon enough) to decide on an apology and on whether or not compensation is payable and how much.

I can't really find any sympathy for the Tories, but let's just say that facing this issue in an election year and looking at a possible bill of £36 billion will be causing a few panic discussions.

34 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I read it that the change in timeline was the primary factor but maybe incorrect. The Tories are directly responsible for the sheer ineptitude (through strangling funding) of public service organisations like DWP and HMRC though.

It could be but my reading is that compo is only for the earlier failure (495 to 508 of this https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/sites/default/files/Women’s-State-Pension-age-our-findings-on-injustice-and-associated-issues.pdf

Absolutely agree that the Tories have led the charge on running down public services and that the "savings" they make through going for small government are false economies. 

21 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Further to the post above, I'm not sure which is less likely... Tories apologising for anything, or them agreeing to pay compensation.  "We'd love to pay up but taxpayers can't afford it..."

Won't just be the Tories as Labour, despite their MPs backing the WASPI movement, are not going to rush into compensation payments if/when they get back in power. 

image.png.0f4f9dc4587c155631039348d4106d2f.png

Rachael MacLean the MP for Redditch who also has two psychology degrees. In a true show of care for people's mental well being she described Melissa Poulton the Green Party candiate for Bromsbrove who is trans as "a man who wears a wig and calls himself a 'proud lesbian'."

Edited by GNU_Linux

Always a delight to see the Tories moving on to a new group to victimise in the eternal quest for pleasure through cruelty.

I'd thought the disabled and pensioners would be off-limits until recently, but I guess they figure they're out on their arse soon anyway and voters have the memories of goldfish, so why not.

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.png.0f4f9dc4587c155631039348d4106d2f.png

Rachael MacLean the MP for Redditch who also has two psychology degrees. In a true show of care for people's mental well being she described Melissa Poulton the Green Party candiate for Bromsbrove who is trans as "a man who wears a wig and calls himself a 'proud lesbian'."

To be fair, I think with the rise of mental health awareness there is a concurrent phenomenon whereby people sometimes mistake temporarily feeling a bit down in the dumps about something that is part and parcel of normal life as experiencing Depression, but only in the same sense that you get the moron in the office who talks about "being a bit OCD/Bipolar" and makes comments like "we're all on the Spectrum". The sheer fucking brass neck of the Deputy Chair of the party that has run the UK into the ground over the past 14 years essentially telling people to expect to be miserable sometimes is a bit jarring.

Psychology/Psychiatry Degrees are up (down?) there with shite like "media studies". It's a total black art, the arse-end of medicine, a bit of a laughing stock in the wider discipline, so I really wouldn't put too much stock in the faculties of someone possessing one or even two.

I'm not sure what this supposed "incentivisation" is purported to be anyway. Stinks of this "my neighbour is on benefits but drives a BMW, has a massive telly and takes three foreign holidays a year" shite. I'd urge folk who think it's an easy gig on welfare to give it a try. Especially, in this case, try getting through the DLA/PIP process on the back of presenting with nothing more than a "mental health" diagnosis. Even with Consultant letters and so on you'll have a hard time getting a single penny out of them.

Edited by Boo Khaki

On 13/03/2024 at 13:19, GordonD said:

These c***s would forgive Jimmy Savile, so long as he came up with the cash.

Forgive him ? Thatcher embraced him and brought him into the governmental fold. He's one of their own as the song goes.

20 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Psychology/Psychiatry Degrees are up (down?) there with shite like "media studies". It's a total black art, the arse-end of medicine, a bit of a laughing stock in the wider discipline, so I really wouldn't put too much stock in the faculties of someone possessing one or even two.

And how does that make you feel?

On 22/03/2024 at 16:55, Boo Khaki said:

Very Tory thing to say