Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

48 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

True. I wouldn't be too astonished if the next newspaper article concerning Wragg is to announce his elevation to the Intelligence & Security Committee.

He'll be on a poster by this time next week.

55 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Hunt describing Wragg as ‘courageous’ really is deflection that the MSM are only to happy to run with.

Aye, he only fessed up after the Times doorstepped him about it.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Hunt describing Wragg as ‘courageous’ really is deflection that the MSM are only to happy to run with.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Courageous - clueless, self-serving clown that has completely fucked up would be my description,

Or a word that rhymes with Hunt.

20 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

If they wanted to show a couple of big, expensive vessels tied up in port, they could have chosen their "world leading" aircraft carriers. Shouldn't be difficult to find an appropriate picture, since they've spent 90% of their service lives either alongside or in dry dock.

Also, is that actually one of the "2nd most powerful" nation's F-35's, or is it one of the ones we keep borrowing from the US because we can't afford to buy enough of our own?

Disgraceful lack of Jade Goody and a bewinged Diana playing ping-pong with Captain Tom and the angles in heaven, although props to them for coming up with something just as ridiculous.

Are the Jutes and Saxons personae non gratae?

Edited by Jacksgranda

13 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Our elected officials being horny online is the most relatable thing I've seen from one of them in a while.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/apr/05/mp-blackmail-william-wragg-tory-apology-rishi-sunak

"Where to start with Westminster’s latest scandal, which – without wishing to speculate on spoilers – I suggest you formally label as “developing”? Blowing his own cover in it is William Wragg, MP for Hazel Grove in Greater Manchester, and chair of the public administration and constitutional affairs committee. Aged 36, William is described as a “senior Tory” on the basis of something or other – possibly his predilection for calling for other politicians to resign on moral grounds. Mind you, these days being an MP since 2015 means you’ve seen five prime ministers. If anything, you’re a Tory grandee.

Anyway, here follow the bare bones of what Wragg seems to have got himself mixed up in. Having connected with someone on Grindr, he began an exchange that led, in his own words, to his correspondent getting “compromising things on me”. Instead of going immediately to the police, as far as we know Wragg instead opted to start obliging his tormentor with the numbers of other MPs, Westminster staff and political journalists. These new targets were duly sent photos fairly early on in their own exchanges with their mystery correspondent, and – incredibly and yet entirely credibly – at least two MPs then responded by sending explicit pictures themselves."

8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Tory William Wragg admits giving MPs' personal phone numbers to someone he  met on dating app | Politics News | Sky News

"36"

Maybe he didn’t even send a dirty picture. Wouldn’t take too much in the way of photoshop skills to knock one up 

IMG_3934.jpeg

ETA - well, a bit more than I’ve got, obvs. 

Edited by carpetmonster

49 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Are the Jutes and Saxons personae non gratae?

Appreciate the gag.

"Angles in heaven" is used frequently by the same folk who post about "are brave boys" all over FB.

21 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

20240405_165732.thumb.jpg.a918ed77e619025e44933bee4999fb11.jpg20240405_165738.jpg.288f3e8cdf97c2f3cb155e21c1d07768.jpg

Smert! Well, I suppose they match his shirt and trousers. Well done stylist. Definitely a man with the common touch. I’m always firing about in suit trousers and trainers.

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Appreciate the gag.

"Angles in heaven" is used frequently by the same folk who post about "are brave boys" all over FB.

Keep trying to give you a greenie, but it's defaulting to red.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yip, I assume it was put to him he had no choice as they were going to run the story anyway so he has conjured up some "manipulation" scam story which "the party" are now taking as him being "courageous" 🤣🤣🤣🤣