Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I'm not sure theres anything more mental happening than the fact that govt of an actual (but fundamentally unserious) country has adopted "Stop the Boats" as both slogan and manifesto commitment. 

Apparently the new head of policy is a Mr D.Dastardly 

IMG_3919.jpeg

To a man, Conservative MPs and MSPs were prefects who deliberately misunderstood everything ever said to them so they'd have an excuse to shop the oiks to the head of year.

"...no, I don't think being told to go and boil your head quite meets the standard for terrorist threats, Stephen, and being nicknamed  'Juan' really isn't the same as deadnaming..."

Yuzu sounds a bit furrin. Should probably pass on their details to the Department of Cultural Purity and get their documents checked.

Not even a pretence this is anything other than the last gifts of a corrupt paid for regime,

Mohamed Mansour: Rishi Sunak faces criticism after Tory donor given knighthood - BBC News

Rishi Sunak is facing criticism after a major Conservative Party donor was given a knighthood.

Businessman Mohamed Mansour, a senior treasurer for the party, has been honoured for his business, charity and political service.

Last year he gave £5m, at the time the party's biggest donation since 2001.

Labour has accused the prime minister of showing "blatant disrespect for the office he should feel privileged to hold".

Sir Mohamed was given a knighthood alongside Farming Minister Mark Spencer and Shipley's Conservative MP Philip Davies, as well as damehoods for former ministers Tracey Crouch and Harriett Baldwin.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Not even a pretence this is anything other than the last gifts of a corrupt paid for regime,

Mohamed Mansour: Rishi Sunak faces criticism after Tory donor given knighthood - BBC News

Rishi Sunak is facing criticism after a major Conservative Party donor was given a knighthood.

Businessman Mohamed Mansour, a senior treasurer for the party, has been honoured for his business, charity and political service.

Last year he gave £5m, at the time the party's biggest donation since 2001.

Labour has accused the prime minister of showing "blatant disrespect for the office he should feel privileged to hold".

Sir Mohamed was given a knighthood alongside Farming Minister Mark Spencer and Shipley's Conservative MP Philip Davies, as well as damehoods for former ministers Tracey Crouch and Harriett Baldwin.

They couldn't be any more blatant if they published a price list.

On 27/03/2024 at 23:25, DrewDon said:

The Minister for Trade at 3pm on Monday, there. Spending the dying days of this government wisely. 

Tbh, I think it's absolutely class that we're so far down the culture war / bullshit Blighty nostalgia / Wokeageddon pantomime that we've now reached "Tory MP gets raging about cake to try and prove their Englishness" stage.

Where do you go from there? I don't know, but I look forward to finding out.

Edited by J_Stewart

27 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Tbh, I think it's absolutely class that we're so far down the culture war / bullshit Blighty nostalgia / Wokeageddon pantomime that we've now reached "Tory MP gets raging about cake to try and prove their Englishness" stage.

f016a314d9eb913df76bb8460fc5e0dc.jpg

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

TBF that foreign cake is real dangerous

On 27/03/2024 at 23:25, DrewDon said:

The Minister for Trade at 3pm on Monday, there. Spending the dying days of this government wisely. 

Nothing more british than a pastry flavoured with our native dried grapes and cinnamon. 

59 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

"I'll use the bobble hat/ ski helmet line that I used in The Telegraph in 2010 for a humorous story and rehash it into an article for more of that lovely dosh for old rope. Nobody'll notice. Or care."

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Can someone explain this headline?

I'm assuming that your link is one that many would not choose to encourage. As such I'll not click and I think it's bad form to offer it. 

11 hours ago, sophia said:

I'm assuming that your link is one that many would not choose to encourage. As such I'll not click and I think it's bad form to offer it. 

Complaining about the Daily Mail appearing in the Tory thread, jeezo.

Would you like some wet wipes?

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Complaining about the Daily Mail appearing in the Tory thread, jeezo.

Would you like some wet wipes?

I'm not complaining about the Daily Mail and you know it