Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

Tories trying to keep the grey vote by promising to continue the ‘Triple Lock’ in the Tory Manifesto.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68649894

It will have minimal effect IMO but it will be nice to see Starmer twist and squirm when asked if Labour will also commit to this.

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Tories trying to keep the grey vote by promising to continue the ‘Triple Lock’ in the Tory Manifesto.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68649894

It will have minimal effect IMO but it will be nice to see Starmer twist and squirm when asked if Labour will also commit to this.

Making Starmer squirm was the whole point of the announcement.

Is that genuinely something the Tories put out?  

That is one of the worst party political broadcasts I've ever seen in my natural born life.  I wonder who came up with it and who it's aimed at?

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Is that genuinely something the Tories put out?  

That is one of the worst party political broadcasts I've ever seen in my natural born life.  I wonder who came up with it and who it's aimed at?

It feels like something designed to get donations from abroad, possibly Fox News viewers.

It'll work with the vulnerable elderly, racists, and the paranoid who have a few grand in the bank and want to believe THEY are coming to take it away. They're all voting Tory anyway, but continuing to preaching this nonsense to the converted helps to fix minds for when the fascists decide more direct action against THEM is necessary, considering democracy obviously isn't working.

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

You’d think after 30p Lee they’d try and get someone - anyone - who’s less of a fanny to replace him as Deputy Chair. Nope. 

That's what happens when you scrape the bottom of the barrel so much you reach the ninth level of hell.

23 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

You’d think after 30p Lee they’d try and get someone - anyone - who’s less of a fanny to replace him as Deputy Chair. Nope. 

The only good thing about Labour is that they will take this scumbag's seat at next election.

21 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

They are openly trolling now. 

I swear this government are some sort of exercise in seeing just how much the UK public will tolerate before the reaction amounts to more than just irate letters to opinion pages and mild tutting. 

At least Lee Anderson is notable for something. This guy's entire contribution to the sphere of UK politics appears to consist of gurning and bellowing like a pregnant walrus during PMQ's, claiming expenses, and f**k all else. Even his own constituents are openly decrying him for being an absolute charlatan.

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

I am guessing that Hopeless and Hapless has replaced Strong and Stable.

Those tory wordsmiths, always fresh.

33 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I am guessing that Hopeless and Hapless has replaced Strong and Stable.

Those tory wordsmiths, always fresh.

It just seems a weird one, given that from what I can see, he's very much in danger of losing his own seat. If that happens, he gets emptied as a very much bigger beast than he warrants, and those of us of a certain age will remember the hilarity and GIRFUYs of Portillo going. Is the thinking that they know they're whipped and ridding the Party of the most obvious helmets stands them in better stead for next time round by being able to say they've 'changed' (although no doubt Truss will still be on the back benches rictus grinning at whatever happens to be in her field of vision)? Or maybe he's pissed Sunak off and Rishi wants to stick a bit more humiliation on him before he buggers back off to California to lounge by a swimming pool full of his wife's money?

12 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Someone needs to explain to Stephen Kerr what a metaphor is.

Maybe the Scottish Parliament needs to borrow an idea from Bill Maher's "Real Time" programme.  He occasionally has a segment called "Explaining Jokes to Idiots".

It would probably have to be re-titles to something like "Explaining Everyday Expressions to Tories", but you get the idea.

I'm not sure theres anything more mental happening than the fact that govt of an actual (but fundamentally unserious) country has adopted "Stop the Boats" as both slogan and manifesto commitment.