Energy Drinks

Remember, every can you buy, folks, puts more money towards RB Leipzig.

Makes you wonder why Red Bull haven't taken over a club in England. There's plenty of ones that have nearly gone bust and a wee bit of capital might get them up into the Championship. 

You might argue about tradition, name changes etc but it would be hypocritical to have a franchise like MK Dons in your league and not, say, RB Leyton Orient.

Of course this idea can get in the sea as far as I am concerned but it may happen one day.

23 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

It can be sporadic now. Not at a desk next to a coffee percolator all day now so tend to cram them in early. Off work today so have had maybe 10 espressos but have had vigorous exertion to burn it off. 

You don't suppose the fact that you're wired to the moon with caffeine might account for your appalling safety record do you... :whistle

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

You don't suppose the fact that you're wired to the moon with caffeine might account for your appalling safety record do you... :whistle

I’ve never spent a night in hospital (except when I was born). Minor injuries! Never broken a bone either. 

6 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Remember, every can you buy, folks, puts more money towards RB Leipzig.

Makes you wonder why Red Bull haven't taken over a club in England. There's plenty of ones that have nearly gone bust and a wee bit of capital might get them up into the Championship. 

You might argue about tradition, name changes etc but it would be hypocritical to have a franchise like MK Dons in your league and not, say, RB Leyton Orient.

Of course this idea can get in the sea as far as I am concerned but it may happen one day.

I don't really get the hate for Red Bull. To me it seems like they enjoy seeking out good young players and developing them, rather than the Chelsea/Man City model of just spunking billions on whatever you need. They seem to take the right approach to almost every sport they enter, they sponsor a hell of a lot of athlete's across a huge variety of sports and give exposure to non-mainstream sports. I'd far rather Red Bull took over my club than someone like Abramovich.

I don't really get the hate for Red Bull. To me it seems like they enjoy seeking out good young players and developing them, rather than the Chelsea/Man City model of just spunking billions on whatever you need. They seem to take the right approach to almost every sport they enter, they sponsor a hell of a lot of athlete's across a huge variety of sports and give exposure to non-mainstream sports. I'd far rather Red Bull took over my club than someone like Abramovich.
Mind sevco fans were briefly convinced Red Bull were taking them over. That was a wee laugh.

I used to drink 2 cans a day while at work in Scotland, either Red Bull (loved the taste) or Monster.  The came to Thailand and had my first "real" red bull red-bull-krating-daeng.jpg (470×627)  Thought I was having a heart attack and had to lie down for a bit.  Probably only had about 10 energy drinks since that day.  Mostly 

616IVSxT9QL._SL1000_.jpg  Strong, but not the syrup medicine tasting like the Red Bull.   Coffee, 2 or 3 cups a day is the go to now, and a cup off tea at night.  

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Mind sevco fans were briefly convinced Red Bull were taking them over. That was a wee laugh.

It probably would've made a bit of sense around 2012. Going cheap. I'd take RB Dumbarton tbh. The Red Bull Stadium isn't any worse than the BetButler C & G Strathclyde Homes Stadium.

Disappointed at the lack of Chev Chelios references in this thread.

image.gif.e101ebef4ee5a2ce1e162b57a6393f7d.gif

Never been a fan of energy drinks. Tried a few and thought they all tasted disgusting. Not a coffee drinker either, which gets me treated with suspicion where I am. Usually drink 3 or 4 cups of tea a day, not sure how much caffeine that means.

I mind buying one of the wee caffeine shots at the football a few years ago when absolutely steaming. Fair cleared my head and added a few hours to the post match session. Can’t say I enjoyed the hangover it helped bring on.

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Never been a fan of energy drinks. Tried a few and thought they all tasted disgusting. Not a coffee drinker either, which gets me treated with suspicion where I am. Usually drink 3 or 4 cups of tea a day, not sure how much caffeine that means.

A mug of tea will have about 75mg of caffeine, that will probably vary quite a bit between different teas. A coffee has about double that (again, depending on the coffee).

I had a big can of red bull at 8 this morning as I felt pretty lazy when I got up and had a lot to do at work - can definitely say it helped my day out and I am still feeling a kick of it 10 hours later. You need to eat a good bit of decent food before having one to avoid feeling shit, having a big bowl of porridge in morning and then a  banana right before I gulp it down works best for me but if you’ve only had a slice of toast for breakfast and then have one then you will crash and burn rather quickly. 

I honestly find this thread quite worrying. Energy Drinks are absolutely vile concoctions. Terrible for you. Why are people drinking this many? It genuinely sounds like an epidemic in this country.
My guess would be because people enjoy the taste of them.

3 minutes ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

I honestly find this thread quite worrying. Energy Drinks are absolutely vile concoctions. Terrible for you. Why are people drinking this many? It genuinely sounds like an epidemic in this country.

Just wait til you discover the "what are you drinking tonight" thread..

Then why not just drink regular fizzy juice? Must be the same people that take coke cause they like the smell, eh? :rolleyes:
There's obviously more to it than simply taste.
As I've said already, I enjoy the taste of Coca Cola energy. I'd probably drink a ridiculous amount of the stuff if it wasn't an energy drink. Coca Cola is a nice enough drink but more than one and I can just feel the sugar on my teeth.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Baptiste Bourgeois said:

My guess would be because people enjoy the taste of them.

There's a post two above this one saying someone had a can because they woke up and felt lazy.