Favourite toys growing up.

Striker was mentioned -

Literally minutes of fun until you broke the player's leg by smashing his head.

Then there was Flight Deck

Took ages to set up then you had literally minutes of fun until your tits fell off from boredom.

I had an Action Man from an early age- he was a rescue pilot so a wimpy pacifist.

Star Wars and Action Force figures later on. You always had a pal with rich parents who had better Star Wars figures than you did but I got an AT-AT for Christmas so I could waste them all.

Lego- I was influenced by Dad's Army repeats on the telly so recreated the 2nd World War with Lego!

I also had a good collection of toy cars. Matchbox and Corgi. Playing with a toy garage or in the sandpit was great. Here's a survivor:

IMG_20210523_235455561.thumb.jpg.af302a96c4600fbaede6caad07dd081e.jpg

Surprised no one has mentioned model railways yet. I had a fantastic set up with 3 tracks so I could run 3 trains at once! Hours of fun! We also had Scalextric but I preferred the trains.
Meccano was another favourite of mine......wonder why my first degree was mechanical engineering??[emoji23]
Toy cars as well, spent many a pocket money on matchbox cars.
Airfix kits, made them by the dozens.
Also had Subbuteo and eventually something like 30 teams!

Too old to have been a real part of the electronic game age.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

These scarred me so deeply as a tot that I still collect them today.

When I can, that is...the modern ones cost an absolute fucking fortune.

thirty-years-of-garbage-pail-kids-876-14

I've got a full S1 and S2 Australian edition, the Garbage Gang. I was just a wee bit too young to resist sticking the  first UK series all over my bunked as a wee boy!

6 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Striker was mentioned -

Literally minutes of fun until you broke the player's leg by smashing his head.

Then there was Flight Deck

Took ages to set up then you had literally minutes of fun until your tits fell off from boredom.

Mousetrap was another that took all day to set up. I never once got it to work...

image.jpeg.0af90938eac12463d708937efc8edad5.jpeg

I got this one Christmas from my gran - It was one of the best gifts I ever got (would have been around 1980 or so).  There was a lever on the back of each golfer and you could adjust the power accordingly.  Only 2 clubs though, a putter and a wedge.  I made up 18 holes and tries to see if I could improve my score each time.  I even got a hole-in-one one time - scenes. 

Edit - 3 clubs in fact. 

Edited by hk blues

15 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Can remember loving Manta Force. The top toy has always been whatever games console though... No doubt about that.

BLUEBIRD MANTA FORCE Red Venom - £6.50 | PicClick UK

Unsure if there has ever been a more beautiful ship than the Red Venom tbh

2 minutes ago, gkneil said:

I had that, absolute belter! My Brother had the Grey "Good Guy" one. All the bits were detachable. The Engines became like wee James Bond submersibles, so didthe cockpit.

Mines took a tumble down the staircase as I launched it thinking it would fly 😐

Edited by Rock Star

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Polly Pockets for me. Absolutely loved them.

Then moved into Pokemon Cards. Spent a fortune on those.

1f327fcebbec852ff3170cb09af1a4ba.jpg

I used to love these. My sister would get them bought for her and I'd end up playing with it more. Perfect for travelling around. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

image.jpeg.0af90938eac12463d708937efc8edad5.jpeg

I got this one Christmas from my gran - It was one of the best gifts I ever got (would have been around 1980 or so).  There was a lever on the back of each golfer and you could adjust the power accordingly.  Only 2 clubs though, a putter and a wedge.  I made up 18 holes and tries to see if I could improve my score each time.  I even got a hole-in-one one time - scenes. 

Edit - 3 clubs in fact. 

Just came on to post that. Absolutely brilliant game but you had to have the right carpet! 

Loved this as well. Especially taking the guns off and firing the steelys at your mates.

Boxed Board Games | eBay | Board games, Games, Bored games

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Just came on to post that. Absolutely brilliant game but you had to have the right carpet! 

Yep, it didn't work well on the kitchen lino!  We had a long hallway, about 25 feet long - it was perfect for a par 5 hole.  

16 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Can remember loving Manta Force. The top toy has always been whatever games console though... No doubt about that.

1 hour ago, gkneil said:

I had the same ship. Loved it as it so many "hidden" things to play with be it the missiles, littles transport tubes or the thing that popped out of the middle of the spaceship. Loved that toy so much!

11 hours ago, Rizzo said:

As a child I was utterly obsessed with dinosaurs so I loved my early learning center models when I was young and that was where most of my pocket money went. I think they started making the proper realistic looking ones just as I grew too old to bother with them. I had all of the ones pictured here and would spend half my time setting up dinosaur safari parks in the back garden, making them fight each other, drawing pictures of them etc.

I had quite an active imagination where dinosaurs were concerned.

dinos.jpg

I had these as well and in fact I had the exact same ones that are in this photo! Still in decent nick (apart from the T Rex which I tended to chew for some reason). I always got one of these when my family took us to the museum in Edinburgh. Memories! I think my folks still have them in the garage boxed up so maybe something to give to my niece or nephew if they get into dinosaurs. 

Edited by RiG

Loved Scalextric, Pop Up Pirate, Hungry, Hungry Hippos and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys growing up. SNES, Sega MegaDrive, Playstation.  As well as...

These:

Spoiler

Pogz - I remember having several Pogz Slammerz as well. Pogz were awesome.  | Childhood memories, My childhood memories, Old school toys

This:

Spoiler

Original Stretch Armstrong - Vintage toy - All the... - Depop

This board game:

Spoiler

WEMBLEY | Board Game by Gibsons Games | Vintage Board Games & Classic Retro  Antique Toys at VINTAGE PLAYTIME

This VHS board game:

Spoiler

SKULL AND CROSSBONES Board Game Paul Lomond Pirates Treasure 1992 VHS  Complete - £8.95 | PicClick UK