Best type of posts on Pie and Bovril

17 minutes ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

I've made some genuinely outstanding posts on this forum which often fly above the heads of the vast majority of people.

I posted a comment about the deformity causing version of the thalidomide drug as being "sinister".

To understand the joke required some knowledge of the chirality of chemical stereoisomers and Latin.

No one got it.

51 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I posted a comment about the deformity causing version of the thalidomide drug as being "sinister".

To understand the joke required some knowledge of the chirality of chemical stereoisomers and Latin.

No one got it.

When we had Todorov on loan, I cracked a gem about his impact on the structure of the team.

Tumbleweed.

7 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Folk who have a headsgone, get tagged in the HeadsGone thread, then proceed to have another cranial detachment in there.

Plenty of good stuff in the Hillwalking and Photography threads also.

I thought that was the whole point in it?

A bit like the court system in Idiocracy or even the gladiatorial battles in ancient Rome? 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Folk who have a headsgone, get tagged in the HeadsGone thread, then proceed to have another cranial detachment in there.

Plenty of good stuff in the Hillwalking and Photography threads also.

The quality of some of the photography in both is stunning, makes me wish I made the evolution from film to digital, was quite keen as a youngster. Great to see the improvement from some posters, I'm thinking especially @philpy here. It's also refreshing to get a post from someone who really knows a subject in depth give a telling to some of us throwing about urban myths and half remembered factoids.

3 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

I thought that was the whole point in it?

A bit like the court system in Idiocracy or even the gladiatorial battles in ancient Rome? 

The Christians were meant to be eaten by lions, not grab their own foot and start chewing.

It'll be of no surprise to anyone to discover that I enjoy reading daft rambling tales about weird shit that people have done/seen/heard about in their lives. It's also lovely to see most people's reactions to discovering that a fellow poster is having a bad time in some way or another. Best of all are those communal moments where there'll be an important game happening that captures everyone's imagination - this is the one that always springs to mind.

Also, anything involving shitting and/or taxidermy inevitably ends up being hilarious.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Pussy threads a good read. IMO.

Reveal hidden contents

stare.thumb.jpg.14ca7ac160a0fbdc950a08805d76d8be.jpg

I agree

Spoiler

IMG_20210216_225925810.thumb.jpg.4e33ff174c3ea62331bb4cfaaf24c517.jpg

I quite like the pictures of our avian friends. Especially the ones by folk that don't live in Britain and post more exotic species.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The quality of some of the photography in both is stunning, makes me wish I made the evolution from film to digital, was quite keen as a youngster. Great to see the improvement from some posters, I'm thinking especially @philpy here. It's also refreshing to get a post from someone who really knows a subject in depth give a telling to some of us throwing about urban myths and half remembered factoids.

Cheers. I just love getting out and about with the camera,  it's great for the mental health side of things as well.