Russian invasion of Ukraine

Sonam

14 hours ago, 101 said:

UN security council meeting tomorrow at Russians request, apparently to discuss alleged American biological research in Ukraine.

Should be on here at 3pm I think. Could be quite a circus, memories of Colin Powell come to mind.

https://media.un.org/en/webtv/schedule

33 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Has anyone ever met a nice Russian?

It's worth getting up early in Cyprus watch the Russians fighting the Germans fighting the English for the best poolside deckchairs at 6am.

54 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Yes, my friend Olga. She did leave Russia to live here and hates Russia or the thought of ever going back, so safe to say she is not in sympathy with them.

Edited by Jambomo

Ukrainian authorities are claiming that Russian planes have bombed Belarus in a 'false flag' to draw Belarus into the war.  Seems a strange story - Belarus is a Russian vassal state, they hardly need a justification to get them in.  As noted earlier in this thread, Belarus' armed forces are very low in combat readiness, effectiveness, morale etc.  Things must be going shoddily if they are relying on this lot.

I think it could be that bombs have been released in Belarus by mistake or that empty shells were released over a village.  A lot of the missiles launched have fuselage that drops off at a certain point, could be that.   Who really knows.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

This probably won't go down well, but since we're getting personal then I'd have to say that the worst nationality of people that I've ever come across are in fact the Ukranians closely followed by the Russians.

I should add that I would never generalise, however if you're asking the question then my honest answer would be that I've found every Ukranian I've ever met to be aggressive, self obsessed, arrogant and generally not very nice people. (sample group of under a hundred I should add, outwith those I came across at the football).

I've probably just been unlucky though that I've run into a bunch of tossers across Eastern Europe and Northern Spain where I've encountered them.

On the other hand, nearly every Pole I've met have been great, as they've come across as outgoing, friendly, intelligent, honest and generally just really good people.

Just your luck I suppose.....

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Ukrainian authorities are claiming that Russian planes have bombed Belarus in a 'false flag' to draw Belarus into the war.  Seems a strange story - Belarus is a Russian vassal state, they hardly need a justification to get them in.  As noted earlier in this thread, Belarus' armed forces are very low in combat readiness, effectiveness, morale etc.  Things must be going shoddily if they are relying on this lot.

I think it could be that bombs have been released in Belarus by mistake or that empty shells were released over a village.  A lot of the missiles launched have fuselage that drops off at a certain point, could be that.   Who really knows.

Or alternatively, it really WAS the Ukranians / West behind it ??

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Bit surprised if Ukrainians aren't trying to take out the Belarus sites where a load of missiles have been fired from. 

I've met a number of nice Russians. I was once interrogated by a charming FSB officer who made me a cup of tea.

I also used to live across from two lovely Ukrainian girls, one of whom I stayed with for a few days in Odessa and the other got a job with the OSCE.

13 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

This probably won't go down well, but since we're getting personal then I'd have to say that the worst nationality of people that I've ever come across are in fact the Ukranians closely followed by the Russians.

I should add that I would never generalise, however if you're asking the question then my honest answer would be that I've found every Ukranian I've ever met to be aggressive, self obsessed, arrogant and generally not very nice people. (sample group of under a hundred I should add, outwith those I came across at the football).

I've probably just been unlucky though that I've run into a bunch of tossers across Eastern Europe and Northern Spain where I've encountered them.

On the other hand, nearly every Pole I've met have been great, as they've come across as outgoing, friendly, intelligent, honest and generally just really good people.

Just your luck I suppose.....

It's certainly the case. Every Russian I've met including my former team leader, was absolutely brand new.

Same with Poles, fucking cracking people, but in Wroclaw a couple of years back for a stag do and we were in a pub on the Sunday morning and there were 3 or 4 of them walking about shouting 'white power' in a pub populated exclusively with white people so you get c***s everywhere.