EPL 2022/23

6 hours ago, raith_94 said:

It isn't offside, it should be offside, VAR is a pile of shite - but geez, football in contentious offside shocker..... it was thus before and since VAR. All that's changed is folk (fans/managers) now have even more moments to get enraged/deflect about. Get it in the bin. 

Why is nobody asking Guardiola why title-chasing, billionaire City's (who apparently "played well") only effort on target in a huge derby game was a Jack Grealish header. United had Luke Shaw at centreback FFS. 

While I'm no fan of Man City or the bald fraud, they were 1-0 up and under no pressure whatsoever in that second half. Then the linesman made a correct offside decision, only for an utterly ridiculous VAR intervention to cancel out that advantage.

Goals change the momentum of games and that goal decisively swung the direction of the game. When officiating is that incompetent and has such an obvious impact on the result, it must be highlighted as the key factor. 

Arsenals league to lose now. The idea of them running away with it would have seemed crazy in the summer, but the EPL is that kind of league. 
A collapse is still very possible, of course.  But that’s what it would take for them not to win it now.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You've seen in the last 10 minutes or so the only thing that could really stop Arsenal winning the league, they seem like a bunch of panic merchants under pressure despite clearly being the best team in the league.

That's gonna happen when you're new to this position, but they're still capable of completely killing games. 

I think Arsenal have Man Utd and Man City twice still to play. They could easily win those but if they play like they did in the second half then they could lose them as well. They don’t seem to sustain the good play throughout the match.

17 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

"Only the Premier League can throw up such intrigue." 

Martin Tyler is an insufferable c**t. 

He really, really is.  

My only issue with Arsenal winning the league is that Alan Davies will be equally insufferable.

45 minutes ago, Lex said:

Arsenals league to lose now. The idea of them running away with it would have seemed crazy in the summer, but the EPL is that kind of league. 
A collapse is still very possible, of course.  But that’s what it would take for them not to win it now.

It wouldn’t really be that much of an arse collapse for them not to win it from this position, city have just dropped 5 points from games v Everton and Man Utd who arsenal are playing in the coming weeks before they face city in a months time which would close the 8 point gap should Arsenal mirror the city result and then lose to city. 

41 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Spurs are an utterly pathetic rabble. Have to think neither Conte or Kane will be there after summer. 

Kane has no ambition whatsoever. I fully expect him to see out a trophy less career there. 

Conte will probably go to Juve in the summer. 

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

That wee fanny kicking Ramsdale's back from behind a wall then scrambling away is the most pathetic behaviour imaginable. 

Not that I am suggesting he deserved it or anything because of course it should never happen, but at friend of mine was at Arsenal v West Ham and said back then that Ramsdale spent half his time gesturing and winding up the away fans behind the goal. I’m only really surprised it hasn’t happened before now.

31 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Kane has no ambition whatsoever. I fully expect him to see out a trophy less career there. 

Conte will probably go to Juve in the summer. 

He threw the toys out the pram last year when Spurs wouldn't sell him to City. City being about the only team that will pay whatever absurd price Spurs demand, have of course now sighed Erling Haaland. 

Nae luck to the slack-jawed trophy dodger. 

Edited by Michael W