The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Is the story that he wants his own people who will act as his puppets rather than individuals he doesn’t know and might not share the same thoughts as?

Pretty much... whether correct of not he told a friend of a friend he didn't want this 'group' as he wouldn't get his way on a vote.  Surely this is just rumour and he can't be that insecure as surely people vote for the interests of the club...?

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Or he himself is a puppet...

in one...

11 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Is the story that he wants his own people who will act as his puppets rather than individuals he doesn’t know and might not share the same thoughts as?

If McLinden is prepared to sink good money into the Club then he's quite right to want a big say in things but if he's just coming in as Chairman or Director then he's no right to demand who is or isn't coming onto the Board. 

10 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If McLinden is prepared to sink good money into the Club then he's quite right to want a big say in things but if he's just coming in as Chairman or Director then he's no right to demand who is or isn't coming onto the Board. 

Sure that was Brooks Milesons view too... But I do understand what you mean on that side.... If he is the chairman then it needs to be announced, however we don't know the financials that the other prospects were looking at... all just sounds like the usual lack of transparency

Sadly lining up to be another shambles and underlying why ''Queens'd it'' will soon be replacing 'Cocked it Up' in daily verbal usage.

5 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

New manager , new season , still full time gotta be title favourites for next season 

^^^^ Not sure if serious. We'll need to see how the play-offs turn out before we start thinking about that. If they're relegated, Inverness may be considered favourites, Hamilton could still be here and also Cove are still here. Queens have got a lot to sort out in the close season on the Boardroom side and playing side, depends how those go before we can think about the new season.

46 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't remember if you've answered this, so apologies if you're repeating yourself. Do you think higher than 8th in League 1 is realistic? 

I think i did TBH. To avoid the play offs must be regarded as a very successful season for Annan. If you look at the points at the end, Annan squandered way more than 10 over the piece ( i know all about it balance’s it’s self out ) 

ALEX Wilson is correct with his stats on % wins in charge 

Bartley 37.7 in his time

murphy 37.4 ( 7 years )

Annan should be able to be mid table. Budget would dictate otherwise no matter how skilled the manger is. Let’s see what happens with the new guy next term. 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

New manager , new season , still full time gotta be title favourites for next season 

That depends on who they get. 

Talking of which... 

Yogi and Queen of the South: surely a match made in heaven. 

(sorry guys..)

Reading the last few pages has certainly been more interesting than in recent weeks!

Like most I was pleased with Bartleys appointment.  He spoke well, it wasn't one of the usual merry go round.  I hoped it would work and wanted him to do well.  However, following a recruitment shambles his post match interviews became more and more bizarre.  He was set on playing a system that didn't suit the players that he had signed in the first place, and was unwilling or unable (probably both) to change it.  

A manager who has a bit of humilty and accepts when he has got it wrong can usually buy himself a bit of time.  Bartleys insistence that he and he alone was right bought him no credit.  His departure was long overdue.  The news of this brought the biggest cheer of the day onboard the Travel Club bus.    However, we can finally put this season to bed.  The next appointment is crucial.  We have to get it right,

Just now, SEETHING said:

How has Harry Stone done for your lot, please? 

Very good keeper, would expect him to be in the Championship next year.

34 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

33 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Very good keeper, would expect him to be in the Championship next year.

For as shite as we've been all season I don't think our goalkeepers have come under much if any criticism. Quite impressive tbh. Stone has the makings of a good goalkeeper and will be at a good level next season like you say. 

For us, I'd be happy enough with Botterill next season. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SEETHING said:

Very good, imho and think he'll go on to play at a high level. With Hearts already having Gordon and Clark for next season I'd expect Stone to be loaned out to a Championship team for a season.

Edited by bod

Posted (edited)

Thanks lads. IIRC he didn't do particularly well at Partick when he was on loan there, so that's encouraging.

Fingers crossed you get yourselves sorted out. Forfar 0-3 QoS in 2002 to win the old second division remains one of my favourite days out at the football ever. 

Edited by SEETHING

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

For as shite as we've been all season I don't think our goalkeepers have come under much if any criticism. Quite impressive tbh. Stone has the makings of a good goalkeeper and will be at a good level next season like you say. 

For us, I'd be happy enough with Botterill next season. 

Aye,  you'd think with the poor results we've had that the keeper would be getting some pelters but can't really think of any major blunders that Stone made. (obviously someone with a better memory than me will come on to point out one or two.) He stopped us getting a pummelling against Dundee Utd and probably kept the score respectable in other games too.

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Jeezo, that's a bit of a stretch ... check back in when we know who the new manager is, when we know what players he's recruited and whether or not the rumours are that we are FT or not.

6 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Sandra teeing it up as “you’ve decided to move on” sums up a season of horrendous interviewing.

”All good things come to an end”. His delusions clearly don’t though.

”I’ve handed out over 100 fines this season”. Maybe that’s a strong clue that the players never respected him. No surprise. 

8 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Jeezo, that's a bit of a stretch ... check back in when we know who the new manager is, when we know what players he's recruited and whether or not the rumours are that we are FT or not.

We must get back to part time football.

Marv gave a good example we were interested in Edinburgh City players in the New Year but they were on much the same money part time as our full time players.

Even right now another example is  Tommy Goss he will make more money working and playing  at Annan 

If we are part time then  we can pay top end wages attract the better player rather than sign boys in the hope they suddenly become men overnight 

18 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

😂😂 Just trying to jinx you guys already neeb I fully expect our 12 points a season from you guys 😂😳🤣

22 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Sandra teeing it up as “you’ve decided to move on” sums up a season of horrendous interviewing.

”All good things come to an end”. His delusions clearly don’t though.

”I’ve handed out over 100 fines this season”. Maybe that’s a strong clue that the players never respected him. No surprise. 

Yes there’s probably a truth in a lack of respect. It would also seem likely that a number of our players are ill disciplined arseholes.