The Official ‘Hi-Risk Anus PM’ Clusterfuck Thread

Granny Danger

I see a guy called Simon Hart has just been appointed Parliamentary Secy to Treasury.

I dont really give a hoot about his job, but the fact that his parents didnt spot that he would be called "Shart" at school is fucking hilarious.😆

6 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

We are saved! 

Not quite but good to see Sunak's mates and fellow Blind Trust holders are swinging their sensers at the same time...............................

Oliver Dowden rejoins government as Cabinet Office minister

And Oliver Dowden, who was party chair under Boris Johnson (until he resigned after two byelection defeats), has been made chancellor of the duchy of Lancaster. That means he will replace Nadhim Zahawi as the Cabinet Office minister responsible for playing a “fixer” role, addressing problems that need cross-government grip.

Dowden did a similar job for Boris Johnson from July 2019 to February 2020 when he was also based at the Cabinet Office, although in that incarnation he had the title paymaster general.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I see a guy called Simon Hart has just been appointed Parliamentary Secy to Treasury.

I dont really give a hoot about his job, but the fact that his parents didnt spot that he would be called "Shart" at school is fucking hilarious.😆

Their original plan was to call him  Francis Hart but that didn't follow through.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Fk sake, Cruella's back in the home office.

She's played a fvcking blinder, tbqh.......................................The Gammonry will be screaming 'Brown Nepotism'.

Shapps to Business....steps into Haunted Pencil's shoes (John Lobb, natch.....)

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

1 minute ago, Caledonian1 said:

her "honest mistake" of sending an email from the wrong account turned out to be worthy of a 4 day suspension then and not her sacking

A confidential draft version of a document for Cabinet release only to somebody outside the government, that's why she used he private account. You can only hope that the conditions for getting the job back were letting Rwanda quietly disappear and never again to mention the word "woke".

Just now, welshbairn said:

A confidential draft version of a document for Cabinet release only to somebody outside the government, that's why she used he private account. You can only hope that the conditions for getting the job back were letting Rwanda quietly disappear and never again to mention the word "woke".

“I would love to be here with a front page of The Telegraph………..a plane taking off for Rwanda…..that’s my dream…..it’s my obsession”

Suella Braverman, Home Secretary, 4th October 2022

7 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

her "honest mistake" of sending an email from the wrong account turned out to be worthy of a 4 day suspension then and not her sacking

Sending ministerial correspondence from your Google mail account to the wrong person doesn't really inspire confidence when she is dealing with folk who pose a threat to national security. 

Andrew Sparrow

Chris Heaton-Harris, the Northern Ireland secretary, has gone into No 10. And while the reshuffle has been going on Steve Baker, a Northern Ireland minister, has posted a blunt message on Twitter aimed at the DUP. He frames it as a message from civil society leaders to all politicians in Northern Ireland, and he says they should reform the power-sharing executive, so that it can start distributing funding.

But it is only the DUP that is blocking the re-establishment of the executive, and so the tweet is implicitly very critical of the party. Tory ministers from the UK government have not normally been willing to address the party like this in public in the past

What an absolute gift to Labour that is, at a time where Sunak is trying to be appear credible he appoints a woman who broke the law literally last week to the role she was forced to resign from.

She emailed a confidential document from her personal email address to a backbench MP and attempted to also send it to his unelected wife, which would’ve been a resignation offence in itself. But she sent it to a random punter instead. Then denied it all.

I shouldn’t be, but I’m genuinely surprised Sunak is this stupid.