PnB celeb spotting

Disco Duck

Drew Galloway showed up at my work's leaving do in Gabriel's in Paisley. He'd just been let go by WWE a few months earlier and guy I worked with knew him, said he was working a show in Lagoon that night and was going to jump over for a drink afterwards. Ended up sat in our big booth with about 30 of us for a couple of hours and yapping away about it being a good thing losing the job cos gives him a chance to go and reinvent himself (which ultimately, he definitely did).  Chilled out guy and probably the legit largest human being I've ever met. 

Kevin Bridges was on our flight to Berlin in 2013 for my mate's stag do was pished - later that night I was at Hertha BSC game, coming out of toilets post match and heard a Scottish accent telling a German fella that they are going to the Bayern game tomorrow as well and rounding it off with Dortmund on Sunday but Celtic are one of the biggest clubs in the world. Sure enough, was the bold Kev.I.N telling a bemused German all about Celtic. This is about a month after St. Mirren beat them at Hampden in the semis and whilst I tried to think of something witty to say, I understood that 1) I was pished and 2) He was Kevin Bridges FFS, I'm not out pattering him.

So I walked by and went 'Don't listen to this guy, Celtic are pish, mon the Saints'...I got a thumbs up but don't even know what the reply was, I GTF out of there before he had the chance to rip the pish out of me.

None of my pals believed me, mainly cos they didn't think he'd have still been standing given how wasted he was on the flight about 8 hours earlier.:lol:

I was at a Manic Street Preachers concert in Edinburgh back in 2019 and there was a guy standing near me who looked familiar. I didn't realise who it was until the next day when I saw on Twitter that he had posted about being at the concert. It was the writer Ian Rankin.

I have never read any of his books.

Got a "thanks guys" and head nod from Nile Rodgers as he came of stage at Belladrum this year, that was pretty fucking cool.

Met Howard Marks wandering around Rockness one year, he was only too happy to chat for a bit and let me get a pic with him. Probably helped that he was baked of his tits at the time.

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

Met Paul Heaton numerous times. Great guy.

Met Henrik Larsson once. He was dour faced.

Met Stephen King. Top man who told me a shite joke then signed my book.

Met Muhammad Ali in LA outside the hotel they filmed Pretty Woman in. He was an absolute gentleman. Saw but never spoke to Hugh Laurie and John Voight on the same trip. (Hugh gave us a thumbs up through the window at LAX)

Edited by Henrik's tongue

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Got a "thanks guys" and head nod from Nile Rodgers as he came of stage at Belladrum this year, that was pretty fucking cool.

Met Howard Marks wandering around Rockness one year, he was only too happy to chat for a bit and let me get a pic with him. Probably helped that he was baked of his tits at the time.

I was stood in the same passport control queue as Nile Rodgers at Heathrow airport once. After a few minutes my mate worked up the courage to ask "are you Nile Rodgers?"... He said "yes"... My mate gave him a fist pump and said "respect".

Both cringeworthy and awesome in equal measure.

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I was at a Manic Street Preachers concert in Edinburgh back in 2019 and there was a guy standing near me who looked familiar. I didn't realise who it was until the next day when I saw on Twitter that he had posted about being at the concert. It was the writer Ian Rankin.

I have never read any of his books.

I spoke to Rankin at a book signing where I told him the signed copy of the book was for my wife's birthday, and he replied that he hoped that's not all I was buying for her.

Nosey bástard.

9 hours ago, mathematics said:

I’ve met Arnold Schwarzenegger. Mrs Mathematics still hasn’t forgiven him for refusing to lift her for a photo.

I don't blame her. It was one of his pulling techniques back in the day, and he used it on Janet Street Porter.

Apologies for that mental image.

Spoiler

3B2E3EBB00000578-4013558-image-a-4_14812

4 hours ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Met Paul Heaton numerous times. Great guy.

Met Henrik Larsson once. He was dour faced.

Met Stephen King. Top man who told me a shite joke then signed my book.

Met Muhammad Ali in LA outside the hotel they filmed Pretty Woman in. He was an absolute gentleman. Saw but never spoke to Hugh Laurie and John Voight on the same trip. (Hugh gave us a thumbs up through the window at LAX)

What book did you get signed?

I did the tango with Alex Kapranos from Franz Ferdinand 

I hugged Bobby Gillespie from Primal Scream whilst out my banger on pills at Bez's Acid House at Glastonbury 

I smiled at Gail Porter whilst she bought Krispy Kreme donuts in St Enoch Centre