Darvel vs Falkirk - 5th round

Thought the game was fairly even up until the sending off, Darvel were easily the better team in the second half until then.  After that, Falkirk scored immediately and the game was done.

The Falkirk fans were quite good tonight, last time out I couldn't hear anything at all from the Aberdeen support but the fans tonight were quite noisy.

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy
1 minute ago, energyzone said:

Thought the game was fairly even up until the sending off, Darvel were easily the better team in the second half until then.  After that, Falkirk scored immediately and the game was done.

The Falkirk fans were quite good tonight, last time out I couldn't hear anything at all from the Aberdeen support but the fans tonight were quite noisy.

Lots to talk about with them all being related

15 minutes ago, energyzone said:

I was watching through Falkirk tinted specs but I thought Falkirk were well in control bar a 10 minute spell and a goalkeeping howler. I'm naturally conditioned to feel pessimistic watching Falkirk but never felt there was any real trouble from Darvel. Might have been different to a neutral 

17 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Genuinely not getting Darvel being the better team in the second half.

They had to chase the game but never really created anything until the freaky goal and even after that one goalmouth scramble was the sum total of their efforts.

Even had they kept eleven on the pitch I would have expected Falkirk to get at least one more.

46 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Darvel easily the better team in the 2nd half. What a lot of shite. We missed 3/4 good chances before McShanes fluke. Darvel were hopeless IMO. 

17 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Darvel were absolutely awful, and after that cringeworthy speech, I'm glad of that. 

Falkirk played the occasion very, very well to be fair.

Yep.  Darvel were dreadful and 5-1 flattered them.  Let’s not patronise them - they’ll be raging at the way they played.  

9 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yep.  Darvel were dreadful and 5-1 flattered them.  Let’s not patronise them - they’ll be raging at the way they played.  

Yep.

I reckon losing their talismanic striker early on will have knocked them off their game.

43 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Darvel were absolutely awful, and after that cringeworthy speech, I'm glad of that. 

Falkirk played the occasion very, very well to be fair.

They played into our barra. We have struggled this season when teams have sat in and given us the ball. Not the bold Kennedy. Pushed on his fullbacks, left his two cart horse CH’s exposed and we ripped them on the break all night. McGlynn completely out thought Mick Barrack Kennedy 

BBC Scotland this morning continuing the narrative that "we all wanted Darvel to continue the dream" ahead of interviewing a Darvel fan.

"Whats next for Darvel, Neil?"

"Keep going, build on this, get more sponsorship"   I suppose QTS isnt enough then lads.........

Its the sentimental nonsense that goes with it. Outwith the fans of the club, no-one really cares about a giant killing other than to laugh at the club it happens to. I’m fully prepared for whomever of us or Ayr get through to be given the same treatment by the media.