Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

I do find it very hard to believe NS has set fire to her entire political career/reputation for a fucking motorhome. If she has though it's an absolutely zinger for the "Tinpot things in Scottish Politics" thread. That said, it's equally unlikely she would not know what catastrophically bald idiocy her husband was up to. It's such an utterly bizarre situation all round.

If the opposition (and yes i know I'm talking about ACH, DRoss and the Slum Landlord here) can't significantly capitalise on this in polling and do so in the medium to long term, then they'd be as well packing it in altogether. 

I have a feeling though that this is going to end up like the post-Salmond trial investigation:

"Haha she's fucked now. No way will she get through an investigation by an independent QC unscathed"

*Gets through independent investigation by QC unscathed*

"Aw f**k". 

Whatever the outcome though, the Indy movement is basically shagged short term at least. Literally no one is going to be inspired by Yousaf and there's no one else with enough charisma and political capital to lead it and potentially make the difference, certainly not in Holyrood at least. 

3 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

I do find it very hard to believe NS has set fire to her entire political career/reputation for a fucking motorhome.

I said similar a few pages back - it just seems completely wierd behaviour for someone seemingly savvy.

Also, you can understand people like Michelle Mone and her husband trousering multiple £m in PPE cash and fucking off to some castle in the Bahamas forever, but Sturgeon lives in an Uddingston semi and the inquiry is about £600k and a fucking caravan...................

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

If the opposition (and yes i know I'm talking about ACH, DRoss and the Slum Landlord here) can't significantly capitalise on this in polling and do so in the medium to long term, then they'd be as well packing it in altogether. 

To be fair, you could make this same point about support for independence given the shambles we've seen in UK politics over the past decade.

1 hour ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

I do find it very hard to believe NS has set fire to her entire political career/reputation for a fucking motorhome. If she has though it's an absolutely zinger for the "Tinpot things in Scottish Politics" thread. That said, it's equally unlikely she would not know what catastrophically bald idiocy her husband was up to. It's such an utterly bizarre situation all round.

This is the part I can't get my head around. It might be the case she had indeed just had enough and was going to call it a day anyway, but the timing is just too coincidental. That the woman running the country was unaware of what was happening in her own house and/or with regards to the finances of the party she alongside her husband led, is implausible. You would also fancy that the actions taken had your career been destroyed by an idiot husband doing things on the hoof without your knowledge, would perhaps be more encompassing than just a resignation. 

An utterly perverse situation. 

The 600K missing its enough to investigate but that also begs the question, how fecking stupid is Murrell and whoever else in the SNP knew,  if that money was raised for an indy campaign to then go ahead and use it for SNP electioneering. Its the sort of casual misuse of funds that a local bowls club would struggle to be that stupid nowadays. None of it makes sense.

Though I always thought NS was massively overated as a politican, average at best. It was Brexit and Covid that hid just how average a leader she was and we can see now with this and how so many other policys were dropped quietly or just cant make it to implementation

2 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

I have a feeling though that this is going to end up like the post-Salmond trial investigation:

"Haha she's fucked now. No way will she get through an investigation by an independent QC unscathed"

*** *Gets through independent investigation by QC unscathed* ***

"Aw f**k". 

Whatever the outcome though, the Indy movement is basically shagged short term at least. Literally no one is going to be inspired by Yousaf and there's no one else with enough charisma and political capital to lead it and potentially make the difference, certainly not in Holyrood at least. 

*** Maybe he had a share in the motorhome...

Just catching up with ScotchNat Twitter and those who espouse the Nat cause and it is bloody  This is ignoring the 'knowledge differential' between Flynn "I didn't know until Feb" and Bunter "I did a formal handover".

First up is Kelly Given.  Not sure who she is, really, but she was with Airmiles Angus in NYC last week.  She's a bit neddy, rants about Tooooorrrries and thinks having your house raided by Plod Alba shows how transparent the Nats are:

Next we have Keith Brown.  Deputy Leader of the SNP who thinks it's commonplace that he didn't know the SNP had been dumped by its auditors.   As if "I didn't know" is a credible excuse.

Finally, back to GRR.  The Nats passed a bill saying you can self-ID but immediately trashed the entire notion of self-ID when it came to Isla Bryson.  The dafties still can't square the circle.  Here's Neil Gray MSP getting himself in a mess:Y

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Finally, back to GRR.  The Nats passed a bill saying you can self-ID but immediately trashed the entire notion of self-ID when it came to Isla Bryson.  The dafties still can't square the circle.  Here's Neil Gray MSP getting himself in a mess:Y

“The Nats” didn’t pass a bill saying you could self-id. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

No. Wrong again. 

That it was an initiative of the Green Freaks in a bizarre quid pro quo is entirely right.

So of my three Nats spokes folk - Given, Brown and Gray - which do you most identify with?  How happy are you that this is the vox populi of Natter Scotland?

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That it was an initiative of the Green Freaks in a bizarre quid pro quo is entirely right.

So of my three Nats spokes folk - Given, Brown and Gray - which do you most identify with?  How happy are you that this is the vox populi of Natter Scotland?

That’s not what you said though.

A political party cannot pass a bill. The Scottish parliament passed the bill. With a decent majority including 25 yes votes from parties outwith the coalition. Including 3 of your precious tories. No amount of your Latin italics and childish pseudonyms will take away from the fact you’ve made an arse of yourself. Again. 

Edited by Rugster