2023–24 Highland League Chat

welshbairn

47 minutes ago, Scorge said:

This is either epic trolling or incompetence from Buckie. I'd laugh if it wasn't for the fact that £ast Kilbride are the main beneficiaries...

Shame about this. If my team has to lose their place in the league I’d rather it was to a team that wasn’t financially doped to buy promotion - too many of these already in the SPFL!

21 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Shame about this. If my team has to lose their place in the league I’d rather it was to a team that wasn’t financially doped to buy promotion - too many of these already in the SPFL!

Do you mean financially doped as in owners and directors who are willing to invest in their club and show a bit of ambition?

1 minute ago, paddymcp said:

owners and directors who are willing to invest in their club and show a bit of ambition

A roundabout way of saying 'buying success', much like Man City showing the ambition to play in the CL rather than settle for mediocrity.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

A roundabout way of saying 'buying success', much like Man City showing the ambition to play in the CL rather than settle for mediocrity.

Too many clubs sat on their arses for years showing no ambition happy to take the SFA check every year. Good luck to the clubs who want to grow.

What an absolute shitshow from Buckie Thistle. 

In fairness though, the system should only include clubs that are interested/ qualified (not B teams) to be part of the pyramid.

Edited by Cosmic Joe

32 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Do you mean financially doped as in owners and directors who are willing to invest in their club and show a bit of ambition?

I don’t think our leagues should have clubs which are technically insolvent and where the ‘investment’ is a statement by directors/owners that they will pay the bills if necessary.

Edited by EdinburghBlue

16 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

What an absolute shitshow from Buckie Thistle. 

In fairness though, the system should only include clubs that are interested/ qualified (not B teams) to be part of the pyramid.

Buckie are qualified to be part of the pyramid - they're not qualified to move up to a higher level though. 

The idea that the spot should just be handed over to whichever non- entity in the division has the correct licence is utter pish. 

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

If this is accurate then it seems incredibly harsh on Buckie as there are loads of teams in the leagues above them without a bronze licence. Hard to know without details of what they failed on though.

Screenshot_20240425-174521.png

How the f**k do Clyde get a silver for ground, they're homeless 😂

28 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Too many clubs sat on their arses for years showing no ambition happy to take the SFA check every year. Good luck to the clubs who want to grow.

As opposed to East Kilbride who have rocketed from their lowly position in the Lowland League to their current lofty position in the Lowland League. And it only took a small fortune and an army of ex-SPFL mercenaries to get them there.

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

You think the Buckie lot all play for sweeties?

On 20/04/2024 at 19:05, FairWeatherFan said:

Congrats to Buckie.

No Chicken Littles running around saying the big, bad SPFL are banning them from the playoff for not having a Bronze license?

:eek:

19 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Notice Buckie haven’t even released a statement on this. I think they’ve deliberately let this happen. Should be able to put Brechin forward instead. It’s tinpot stuff from Buckie. 

Brechin can't play in the play off as they didn't win the league.