🦄 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇬🇪 Georgia 🐺

5 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

If this goes ahead, a few schoolkids will doing sickies tomorrow. 

Got my boy home for 1:15, adamant he will make registration tomorrow. Doesn’t want to give his mum ammunition for away midweek game, England including.
He doesn’t realise that there is no chance I am driving for the England game, we both get 2 days off and only making it as far as grans after!

3 minutes ago, Clangers said:

Got my boy home for 1:15, adamant he will make registration tomorrow. Doesn’t want to give his mum ammunition for away midweek game, England including.
He doesn’t realise that there is no chance I am driving for the England game, we both get 2 days off and only making it as far as grans after!

You'll muddle through Clangers....I'm sure.

6 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

An utterly shambolic night overall but eventually played out a comfortable win. Credit to the ground staff for the work they put in to make sure we got our money's worth.

Don't think I've ever gotten home from a football match on a different day than when I left before!

20230620_223046.jpg

Nobody should go to a game of football on a Tuesday and not come back until Wednesday. 

5 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

McGinn is the answer, but worth highlighting that James Forrest scored all 5 of his Scotland goals in the same week in the 2018 Nations League (2 v Albania, 3 v Israel).

Did mo Johnston score 5 or six in qualifying for italia 90.

I've just checked and this is right, as impossible as it is to believe -

Scotland have won 10 consecutive qualifiers for the first time, keeping eight clean sheets during this run, excluding play-off games

33 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The M8 being shut from J3 onwards last night was a final kick in the baws. We left 15 mins from the end and ran to the car to get away sharp and I still didn’t get in until 1am. 

Naw, the final kick in the baws was getting to a 24 hour McDonald's at 00.15 to be told they were shut?! Was ready to fucking eat the wee guy that told us

Yet another excellent win with a good performance to go with it in testing conditions.

We scored at perfect times in the match (even if they were about 2 hours apart 😂).

There’s a genuine belief and swagger about this side. They just look like they are confident of a result every time the step out on to the pitch.

Brilliant stuff and well on our way to Germany.

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nobody should go to a game of football on a Tuesday and not come back until Wednesday. 

That used to be the whole point of going to a midweek game, unfortunately now I have grown up and have a job and need to drive to games, however 5 hours sleep definitely seems worthwhile this morning, still buzzing, thank you Scotland.

I grew up in the 80s, back when we were qualifying regularly for finals tournaments. I was too young to appreciate the technical merits of the team back then, but I think this is the most technically proficient Scotland team I can remember. Hickey, Robertson, Tierney, McTominay, Gilmour, McGregor, McGinn are all outstanding footballers. And that's just from last night's starting eleven. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

59 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The M8 being shut from J3 onwards last night was a final kick in the baws. We left 15 mins from the end and ran to the car to get away sharp and I still didn’t get in until 1am. 

Wasn't that bad when I got there it was just that I had parked just of Viccy road and when I got back the road was now a swimming pool.6 days worth of rain in less than an hour for those that were there it was worse than the abandoned friendly in Valencia in 2004 

1 minute ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

What are the chances of any numpty with no loyalty points of similar getting a ticket for a Scotland game at the Euros? Asking for me.

No chance through the travel club I reckon but Uefa normally do a "follow my team" once the ticket portal opens for registration so a chance that way through general sales 

All the scenarios that see us not qualify now involve us losing more or less every game *and* either Georgia or Norway beating Spain. We couldn’t dream of being in a better position.

The discipline, patience and confidence in this Scotland team is unbelievable.

But over and above that, the level of technical ability is orders of magnitude better than I’ve ever seen from Scotland. No fear of the ball at all. And the depth of squad too - we can leave guys playing and scoring in Serie A and strikers scoring 20+ in the Scottish Premiership on the bench, no issues at all.

51 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I grew up in the 80s, back when we were qualifying regularly for finals tournaments. I was too young to appreciate the technical merits of the team back then, but I think this is the most technically proficient Scotland team I can remember. Hickey, Robertson, Tierney, McTominay, Gilmour, McGregor, McGinn are all outstanding footballers. And that's just from last night's starting eleven. 

It's great when young Scottish footballers are actually coached to play football by competent youth coaches isn't it?  Didn't happen in my day 👴

11 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Dmd you a decent link mate

Thanks for that, but I eventually gave up. (Thankfully Scotland didn't!) Radio Scotland and 5live couldn't even broadcast it on BBC Sounds due to rights issues. Just a recorded message basically saying "naff off, pal, yet no' hearin' it."

Note to self... Don't go abroad and expect to hear internationals. 

Just as well the result went the right way. Almost as if my unintended absence made no difference at all 🙂.

What a night. Glad I was watching on the TV rather than being there, which shows I'm getting old. 

Some excellent football on display from a technically brilliant Scotland team, organised beautifully by Steve Clarke and his team. 

Both full backs taking high cross field passes with one simple touch, whilst on the run demonstrates the basic quality we now have available. 

Special mentions have to go to the groundsmen, the DJ and every single fan that booed the shite bag Georgians. They all contributed to that win last night.