#Barclays 23/24

Trent badly at fault for both goals.

From a defensive perspective the 'new Cafu' wouldn't look out of place in league two, gutless and clueless.

Sadly no chance Southgate will ever try him in defence.

Wonder what the new Liverpool manager will do, don't expect any other big clubs would want to buy him.

11 hours ago, throbber said:

The Atalanta drubbing at Anfiled was then beginning of the end for them this season and it’s just tedious viewing now.

They’ve conceded first in far too many games all season but the FA Cup tie at Old Trafford was the beginning of a disastrous spell of not being able to take numerous chances and poor defending. 

Jota’s injury at Brentford in a 4-1 win proved to be very costly as with Salah away to AFCON he had brilliantly filled that void. Mo seems to have come back from that injury a yard slower and only a proper pre-season and getting trust back in his hamstring can save his top level career. 

11 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

No, the extra time loss then a league draw with an absolutely horrendous Man Utd team let everyone else know that there was nothing to fear from Liverpool. 

Atalanta, Palace and Everton proved the point.

Still, they won the Caraboa Cup.

There was 2 games in between the utd games which they won so I’m not sure.

Salah looks completely dead on his feet and completely out of any confidence. Nunez has no composure whatsoever in front of goal and he as flapping at everything coming his way, VVD isn’t getting any younger and Trent is a total liability. I can see Liverpool going into freefall next season as someone has said. Funnily enough you mention how pish Utd are but I think they’re in a far better situation than Liverpool going into next season.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

There was 2 games in between the utd games which they won so I’m not sure.

Salah looks completely dead on his feet and completely out of any confidence. Nunez has no composure whatsoever in front of goal and he as flapping at everything coming his way, VVD isn’t getting any younger and Trent is a total liability. I can see Liverpool going into freefall next season as someone has said. Funnily enough you mention how pish Utd are but I think they’re in a far better situation than Liverpool going into next season.

Psychological.  Caving in against your two biggest traditional rivals does not go down well.

Personally, I am not too stressed about the Liverpool situation. If they ensure players maintain a consistent standard and don't get big-headed, or go missing,  I'm ok.   Get a manager in and let him get on with it. 

6 hours ago, SH Panda said:

Trent badly at fault for both goals.

From a defensive perspective the 'new Cafu' wouldn't look out of place in league two, gutless and clueless.

Sadly no chance Southgate will ever try him in defence.

Wonder what the new Liverpool manager will do, don't expect any other big clubs would want to buy him.

Like Tavernier, all the goals and assists in the world don’t matter when you’re a fullback, your job is to defend and both of them can’t do it. 

Laughing at Liverpool aside I think they have done pretty well this season.

They've had a new midfield to bed in and their defence has been hit by injuries.

They even had Salah out for a month or so.

A top 3 finish and a cup isn't a bad return. 

Just with the context of all the hyped four trophy farewell from Klopp, this has made their end of season fade  highly amusing.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

Like Tavernier, all the goals and assists in the world don’t matter when you’re a fullback, your job is to defend and both of them can’t do it. 

Being Devil's advocate, their managers think their attacking output justifies the goals they can be blamed for as they are usually the consequences of being caught upfield then leaving a load of space in behind to be exploited.

It is easier to defend when facing your opponent rather than chasing them from behind.

Edited by Claudia Gentile

19 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Being Devil's advocate, their managers think their attacking output justifies the goals they can be blamed for as they are usually the consequences of being caught upfield rather than leaving a load of space in behind to be exploited.

It is easier to defend when facing your opponent rather than chasing them from behind.

Someone on here said that Alexander-Arnold was the worst right-back in the league - it's best to just ignore their opinions on him. 

16 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Was at Selhurst Park tonight.  My god Newcastle are gash (Isak and Guimares aside).  Will Hughes ran the show.

When the new manager starts the clear out in the summer, Isak should be the only one kept imo. They're absolutely dogshit. 

28 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Laughing at Liverpool aside I think they have done pretty well this season.

They've had a new midfield to bed in and their defence has been hit by injuries.

They even had Salah out for a month or so.

A top 3 finish and a cup isn't a bad return. 

Just with the context of all the hyped four trophy farewell from Klopp, this has made their end of season fade  highly amusing.

Klopp's real achievement has been taking the club back to a point where dropping out of the title race in late April is seen as a cause for jollity amongst the rest of us.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

When the new manager starts the clear out in the summer, Isak should be the only one kept imo. They're absolutely dogshit. 

It was notable just how much Anthony Gordon was diving, and he wasn’t doing a good job of it.

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

Phil Foden's dive leads to a deflected goal for City. Proper Barclays.

Never fails to amaze me though how many handsomely paid footballers absolutely shite themselves from being hit by a ball. If the Brighton player in the wall doesn't turn side on he blocks it instead of merely deflecting it in.