Queens v Annan

14 hours ago, bod said:

Thoughts?

Sorry Greenacrs.

My one job I do still that will  give me more time to update the match sign.

On to the important stuff this will be a physical battle something we are  not really set up for.

We must not get bullied like the last time we played Annan.

Good Brydon is back as he will have a key battle with Goss .

Hopefully we can get on the ball and get our passing game going but we must move the ball quickly if not we are easy to defend against .

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

My one job I do still that will  give me more time to update the match sign.

On to the important stuff this will be a physical battle something we are  not really set up for.

We must not get bullied like the last time we played Annan.

Good Brydon is back as he will have a key battle with Goss .

Hopefully we can get on the ball and get our passing game going but we must move the ball quickly if not we are easy to defend against .

On 11/08/2023 at 21:30, Riviera711 said:

Thanks for your reply and the info. Definitely no spying and no colours. Always want D&G sides to do well. Looking forward to the game.

20 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

Just back home. That was the archetypal game of two halves. A 3-3 draw would have been a fair result.

It was an entertaining game and a good little set up at Galabank. Liked Yellow Pearl for the players to run on to - Attack, Attack, Attack!

Goss is injured 🤕 

I went to the Annan game yesterday. If we face a team performing as they did in the first half then it should be an easy Queens win. However, the second half performance was like a different team, much improved and would be a close contest (based on what I saw last week versus Alloa).

Annan are 13/5 for the win. Probably stick a tenner on them for insurance tbh. Fully expect Annan to be right down the bottom come the end of the season but we wont have any easy games against them. It's bad enough it's a Derby but it's made worse for us given the number of QoS 'rejects' in their squad. 

Would be more than happy with any kind of win here. Be interesting to see how MB plays (our) Gibson. I'd want him to start but I think he'll be on the bench and come on just to play down the fact he'll likely be directly lining up against Wullie. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Annan are 13/5 for the win. Probably stick a tenner on them for insurance tbh. Fully expect Annan to be right down the bottom come the end of the season but we wont have any easy games against them. It's bad enough it's a Derby but it's made worse for us given the number of QoS 'rejects' in their squad. 

Would be more than happy with any kind of win here. Be interesting to see how MB plays (our) Gibson. I'd want him to start but I think he'll be on the bench and come on just to play down the fact he'll likely be directly lining up against Wullie. 

I'd prefer Walker with his pace on the left against Gibson snr and Gibson jnr on his natural right side. 

9 minutes ago, bod said:

I'd prefer Walker with his pace on the left against Gibson snr and Gibson jnr on his natural right side. 

I know he's right footed but I think he's played as many games on the left. Certainly played more games there with the reserves. I'm guessing he enjoys cutting in and shooting. 

That's a good point regarding Walker though. The only time WG looked woeful at RB for us was when Kai Kennedy did him for pace constantly. Hopefully Walker has the same effect. 

8 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

What's the head to head record like? Can't imagine yous have played that much

From what I can find we've played each other 5 times competitively. All League Cup games. 

QoS 2/3 (14 goals)/15

Annan 1 (10 goals) 

Draw 2 

We won a game in ET in 2015 at Galabank. An average of 5 goals per game between the sides would suggest it could be a good game to take in from a neutral point of view. Hopefully a decent crowd this weekend. 

39 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Seems to be loads of enthusiasm for this one…

It’s a game we really should be winning if we have aspirations at the top end of the table. Can see it being a struggle, though. 

Everyone is still trying to come to terms with the sign being updated!

Like you say it is definitely the type of game we need to win especially being at home - we’ve rarely made it easy in the previous games against Annan though.  Had hoped we’d have seen a new signing or 2 in time for this but doesn’t look likely now.