Lucy Letby guilty

5 pages in and Britain's most prolific child serial killer has been reduced to wid and rantings about Corbyn.

Never change P&B, never change.

Presumably the guy collecting posts from the forum to take to the papers will be all over this once he has finished the mind bending task of recording every post in the politics forum.

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

5 pages in and Britain's most prolific child serial killer has been reduced to wid and rantings about Corbyn.

Never change P&B, never change.

Presumably the guy collecting posts from the forum to take to the papers will be all over this once he has finished the mind bending task of recording every post in the politics forum.

I figured I’d have read ‘Lucy Letby: its Corbyn’s fault’ in the Times or Telegraph before here TBF. 

9 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

See the evil c**t is refusing to attend court for sentencing.

She should be fucking dragged in there to face it. 

It was one of Dominic Raab’s ideas to have attending sentencing be compelled, but The Secret Barrister makes a reasonable point as to why that’s perhaps not the best idea either 

Because I can tell you from extensive experience that somebody intent on disrupting court proceedings will generally find a way. Raab’s plan, far from guaranteeing an obedient and contrite defendant sitting meekly in the dock, is far more likely to encourage the hideous spectacle of a wild, bloodied and bruised prisoner shouting foul abuse at the victims’ families in court as a mechanism to have the judge send them back down to the cells.

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2023/04/04/how-do-we-force-cowardly-murderers-to-face-up-to-what-they-have-done/

15 hours ago, 2426255 said:

She was so reckless and poor at covering her tracks I'd say she lost control in the instances where she killed being motivated by the high of the drama that followed. I don't consider her being pure evil as being a satisfactory explanation for what unfolded. My guess would be that she just couldn't control herself as it developed - how it all started would be interesting to know, if the first time was an accident she got away with or intentional from the start with a clear mind due to boredom or if it was planned and had been planned for years.

Like others have suggested I'm not convinced by the idea that she isn't all there upstairs. From what I've seen/read she is all there when she wants to be and not all there when she doesn't want to be so I'm suspicious on that one.

Clearly mentally ill in some shape or form though. there is no rationale motivation, however immoral eg financial etc , for doing this

8 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Clearly mentally ill in some shape or form though. there is no rationale motivation, however immoral eg financial etc , for doing this

She was assessed and no illness was found. No history of psychotic breaks etc. She claimed to have PTSD......from the arrests. 

6 minutes ago, RH33 said:

She was assessed and no illness was found. No history of psychotic breaks etc. She claimed to have PTSD......from the arrests. 

That assessment is solely concerned with her fitness to stand trial.

Looking at possible personality disorder and so on can only be carried out post-conviction. First of all, and most obviously, prior to conviction you are talking about an individual perceived to be innocent, so there is no reason to go examining why they might have carried out their 'crimes' (beyond establishing they were lucid and not in the grip of a delusional/psychotic state at the time), because they don't have any crimes. Secondly, these sorts of assessments take an enormous amount of time, and generally require compliance from the subject anyway.

Ian Brady is an interesting example. If justice demanded a comprehensive insight into his mental state prior to trial, then we'd still be waiting yet, because the people who treated him post-conviction were never able to fully agree on a distinct diagnosis beyond "psychopath", because he was so manipulative and deceitful that he would engage with them for no other reason than painting an entirely false and misleading picture of his own psychological state and mental health. He was inconsistent and contradictory, to the point that the people treating him recognised that he was being deliberately contrary, and clearly engaging with them purely for the purpose of playing games.

It may be that if Letby is totally unwilling to engage in a frank and honest manner, then no concise explanation for her mental processes while committing her crimes will ever be established. I don't think it's in question though that she is undoubtedly suffering from some form of disturbed personality, for no other reason than the fact that healthy, well-adjusted people do not murder and attempt to murder defenceless infants. Allit is, by all accounts, completely bonkers, but she still stood trial after being adjudged to be fit to do so. The Factitious (MBP) diagnosis came later.

I think it’s the fact that there’s no indication in her life or any tendency at all of anything amiss with her. Usually you can find something in these people that is an indicator of them being out of the ordinary, there appears to be nothing in this case.  Maybe her defence lawyer will bring something up in mitigation at sentencing

8 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That assessment is solely concerned with her fitness to stand trial.

Looking at possible personality disorder and so on can only be carried out post-conviction. First of all, and most obviously, prior to conviction you are talking about an individual perceived to be innocent, so there is no reason to go examining why they might have carried out their 'crimes' (beyond establishing they were lucid and not in the grip of a delusional/psychotic state at the time), because they don't have any crimes. Secondly, these sorts of assessments take an enormous amount of time, and generally require compliance from the subject anyway.

Ian Brady is an interesting example. If justice demanded a comprehensive insight into his mental state prior to trial, then we'd still be waiting yet, because the people who treated him post-conviction were never able to fully agree on a distinct diagnosis beyond "psychopath", because he was so manipulative and deceitful that he would engage with them for no other reason than painting an entirely false and misleading picture of his own psychological state and mental health. He was inconsistent and contradictory, to the point that the people treating him recognised that he was being deliberately contrary, and clearly engaging with them purely for the purpose of playing games.

It may be that if Letby is totally unwilling to engage in a frank and honest manner, then no concise explanation for her mental processes while committing her crimes will ever be established. I don't think it's in question though that she is undoubtedly suffering from some form of disturbed personality, for no other reason than the fact that healthy, well-adjusted people do not murder and attempt to murder defenceless infants. Allit is, by all accounts, completely bonkers, but she still stood trial after being adjudged to be fit to do so. The Factitious (MBP) diagnosis came later.

Ive spoken to some psychiatrists before who explained that a personality disorder was in a large number of cases just a medical diagnosis of being an unpleasant person?

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Ive spoken to some psychiatrists before who explained that a personality disorder was in a large number of cases just a medical diagnosis of being an unpleasant person?

I've a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder! But I'm fairly nice.