Killie v Ross County

The exact same thing happened to us years ago against Hearts in a Scottish Cup quarter final replay.

Nigel Hasselbaink scored to put us 1-0 ahead and the ref had already blown up for a penalty which we then missed. The game finished 2-0 to Hearts who went on to beat Hibs 5-1 in the final.

I've seen some utter shite refereeing performances in my time at Rugby Park, Wharton, Thow and McCurry, to name a few, but take a bow Kevin Clancey you've topped the lot with that display of incompetence today. Some achievement.

41 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Score the penalty and there is no issue.

Of course there is still an issue(s), he allowed an obvious offside decision to play out before blowing for the freekick in the first half.

No idea why his consistancy changed in the 2nd half.

Thats before taking about him being the only person in the stadium to see a penalty for Ross Co, again in the 1st half, that was overturned by VAR.

On first viewing it looked like a penalty to me so I can see why it was initially given. As soon as the replay was shown though it was obvious that he got the ball first. 
I watched the match on Killie TV. The commentary was atrocious. I would have expected that John Barnes would have been professional but it was like listening to two school children talking through a match. 

The decision is actually worse on Sportscene than I thought at the game. The whistle is blown as the ball is a yard or two away from crossing the line having already left Findlay's head. There's just no justification for blowing instead of waiting. Even earlier in the game we saw an offside played all the way to the end of the phase cos that's what the VAR directives say you're supposed to do

9 hours ago, Staggie1984 said:

To be fair, the free kick that he incident stemmed from should never have been given so alls well that ends well

Good spot, I notice Michael Stewart alluded to it on TV too. The free kick, that the cross for the disallowed goal came from, should never have been given.

That was a terrible penalty from former County player, Armstrong.

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴