Bairns v The Mo

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

It was a one horse race from October or so last season tbf.

Admit it, you miss us, don't you? You've got a derby but it isn't like the real thing, is it? Raith are just the Mini Me of derbies, we are the Dr. Evil of derbies. Don't worry, we'll be seeing you soon.

image.jpeg.14fcdb263fd88adc6aa5725cb8a595c7.jpegimage.jpeg.a1d0ad5bb09099d5c75505ed3d7d89f1.jpeg

Falkirk FC                                                                    Raith Rovers FC

No offence Raith fans, just a bit of banter.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Watching the highlights, both penalties are correct.  I think you could give ours for either handball or the lunge, but no doubt it was handball.  Long’s challenge was on the line, so penalty.  He was lucky not to be sent off I think.

Other points:

- Morrison was further out than I thought at his goal, what a fucking strike

- Steeves absolutely should have walked for a second yellow.  Although I notice his reaction time was piss poor for our first goal.

- I didn’t think Nesbitt’s challenge was a red, but was a bit rash.

- The Montrose time wasting was ridiculous.  I accept its part of the game, but sooner they start introducing 10 minutes of time added on in the way they do in England now, the better.

- If the Donaldson chance at the death falls to anyone other than Donaldson, it’s a goal.

- I really don’t get this “it was an even match” thing.  This first half was, but the second was mostly us.  We had more than double the number of shots on target and triple the shots off target.  Entertaining though, good to see a team not stick everyone behind the ball

Edited by Disco Duck

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You 100% cant complain about our ball boys. I know this because I 100% WAS complaining about them returning the ball quickly when we were leading. 

There was a guy in a hi vis just down from us shouting at the ball boy to slow down as well when we were winning so defo weren't at it as such. 

Definitely 2 penalties, from the other side of the pitch mo's looked out the box, highlights prove otherwise. 

I must admit I was a bit taken aback at the boos williamson got with his first touch, I liked the laddie previously, seemed thoroughly decent and just unfortunate with his injuries. But by the end he fully deserved the digits and get it right up ye's that were flung his way. 

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

There was a guy in a hi vis just down from us shouting at the ball boy to slow down as well when we were winning so defo weren't at it as such. 

Definitely 2 penalties, from the other side of the pitch mo's looked out the box, highlights prove otherwise. 

I must admit I was a bit taken aback at the boos williamson got with his first touch, I liked the laddie previously, seemed thoroughly decent and just unfortunate with his injuries. But by the end he fully deserved the digits and get it right up ye's that were flung his way. 

Ball Boys were removed at our end. Thought our pen was well outside the box but having watched the highlights,  looks like correct decision. Williamson has taken a bit of stick from our fans but he is improving the more he plays. He had a decent game yesterday. 

And finally, as much as it still hurts, that was some strike worthy of winning any game.

Expected the worst yesterday and thought we were in for a thumping. Glad we put up a real fight and were just a Worldie away from a hard earned point.

9 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Ball Boys were removed at our end. Thought our pen was well outside the box but having watched the highlights,  looks like correct decision. Williamson has taken a bit of stick from our fans but he is improving the more he plays. He had a decent game yesterday. 

And finally, as much as it still hurts, that was some strike worthy of winning any game.

Expected the worst yesterday and thought we were in for a thumping. Glad we put up a real fight and were just a Worldie away from a hard earned point.

Not sure what u were seeing just watched back the highlights and I can count 3 ball boys at your end when your penalty was taken.

Aye from watching the highlights both penalties look the correct decision. Morrison's goal looks even better on the replays, an absolute screamer. I shall watch it many more times today

Don't get the comments re the ball boys, they were getting it back on quickly at 2-1 at our end and down the sides. Maybe Long told them to take their time at his end? We certainly havent sat back at any point this season and would be looking to get more goals regardless 

"I really don’t get this “it was an even match” thing.  This first half was, but the second was mostly us.  We had more than double the number of shots on target and triple the shots off target.  Entertaining though, good to see a team not stick everyone behind the ball."

I think "it was an even match" is reflected in the fact that it wasn't over as a contest until the 93rd minute. Admittedly the Mo were happy to settle for a point, which turned around to bite them on the bahookey but you could argue that having umpteen shots on target without scoring is a failure to turn possession into goals and could be down to good defending and as the Mo showed, they could be dangerous on the break.

Falkirk were dominant in the second half but if they can't convert and their defence is easily ripped open twice in what ends up being a 93rd minute 3-2 win, then that's a pretty even match in my book.

As a Falkirk fan you see it differently but at no stage in that match did I ever feel the Mo were out of it until Morrison scored your third.

2 minutes ago, Brummo said:

"I really don’t get this “it was an even match” thing.  This first half was, but the second was mostly us.  We had more than double the number of shots on target and triple the shots off target.  Entertaining though, good to see a team not stick everyone behind the ball."

I think "it was an even match" is reflected in the fact that it wasn't over as a contest until the 93rd minute. Admittedly the Mo were happy to settle for a point, which turned around to bite them on the bahookey but you could argue that having umpteen shots on target without scoring is a failure to turn possession into goals and could be down to good defending and as the Mo showed, they could be dangerous on the break.

Falkirk were dominant in the second half but if they can't convert and their defence is easily ripped open twice in what ends up being a 93rd minute 3-2 win, then that's a pretty even match in my book.

As a Falkirk fan you see it differently but at no stage in that match did I ever feel the Mo were out of it until Morrison scored your third.

I was impressed with you guys, best team I've seen us play this season. We definitely deserved to win but it certainly wasn't ever took for granted we would. Think you will be right up there in the playoffs this year 👍

Best team won on the day I don't think anyone can argue with that. The pens first one looks like it was on the line, keepers trying to play the ball.though do it can't be a red. Our pen Dillon sold the jerseys. Crazy challenge for a player with that amount of experience diving in like that in the box. Montrose keeper made some decent saves but like the kelty boy last week struggled to hold on to the ball on numerous occasions which resulted in Oliver's goal. Bit better finishing from the likes of Donaldson who missed an absolute sitter and hendo whose should've converted his free header first half and the game would've been far more comfortable.

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Best team won on the day I don't think anyone can argue with that. The pens first one looks like it was on the line, keepers trying to play the ball.though do it can't be a red. Our pen Dillon sold the jerseys. Crazy challenge for a player with that amount of experience diving in like that in the box. Montrose keeper made some decent saves but like the kelty boy last week struggled to hold on to the ball on numerous occasions which resulted in Oliver's goal. Bit better finishing from the likes of Donaldson who missed an absolute sitter and hendo whose should've converted his free header first half and the game would've been far more comfortable.

Gary Oliver gets a lot of stick on here, but I have to commend his reactions for his goal. He was really switched on for his goal, whereas that big rugby player Montrose defender was slower than a week in the jail!

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Gary Oliver gets a lot of stick on here, but I have to commend his reactions for his goal. He was really switched on for his goal, whereas that big rugby player Montrose defender was slower than a week in the jail!

He's a good squad player Oliver. Some on here were saying it's a big mistake signing him up but he can play a number of positions and chips in the odd goal here or there. Useful player to have

4 hours ago, PortyMo said:

You seriously think that Williamson had a decent game?

Our penalty was for handball. At the time it looked like a clean tackle which is why I was surprised it was given. But on the replay you can see it hits the defender's arm quite obviously.

37 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

You seriously think that Williamson had a decent game?

Taking emotion out of it I can't remember him doing much wrong especially given how honking we know he is defensively. 

Incredible he's managed to play so many games on the bounce for them right enough, just goes to show he didn't fancy it at us.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's a good squad player Oliver. Some on here were saying it's a big mistake signing him up but he can play a number of positions and chips in the odd goal here or there. Useful player to have

I thought Oliver played pretty well yesterday, linking the play & generally finding his passes.  He plays with his head up, looking for team-mates, and works hard.  McGlynn seems to have found an effective role for him just outside the final third, then slipping forward into the box (& not just for his goal). Not a starter, sure, but based on yesterday happy to see him come on and contribute like that.