Bairns v The Mo

The scenes for the winner were absolutely 👌

Montrose look the best of the rest, their goalkeeper was a time wasting c**t but made some incredible saves in the second half. Dillon and the other centre half were rock solid too for large spells. 

Nesbitt shouldn't start for me, I'd have Ross on the left and Agyeman in the middle for next Saturday, what a game we have in store.

Williamson doing an Adebayor with *checks notes* 43 minutes of regular time and then also laughing in the Corner rolling his socks up at 2-2 has got to be the funniest thing ever. A sheepish wee dweeb x

1 minute ago, Trump said:

Ryan, you clearly read social media and this message board. I hope you have a great evening.

Agree Montrose look best of the rest. Had said that about Qots but more so in a defensive sense. Montrose good at the back and threatening going forward.

Next week is huge.

I'll be surprised if Bartley sees out the season at queen's. Looks completely out of his depth. This shows that just because you can string a few words together on sportscene doesn't mean you are going to be any good as a manager.

That was unlucky from a Montrose point of view. We were under the cosh for much of the second half. If we'd had Thomson on, I think we would have made more of an impact up front. We handled Falkirk's attack pretty well for most of the game.

Their second goal, we had a man down on the park and I think our players allowed that to distract them while the Falkirk player didn't see it and pressed on up the pitch, which led to their penalty.

The away stand was too far away for me to see whether or not the Falkirk penalty was deserved but although the keeper took our player down on the edge of the box, I think as he denied the player a clear goal scoring opportunity as the last man, that probably justifies it being a penalty. Both our goals were well taken.

Morrison's goal looked an absolute screamer and was such a sickener from a Mo. perspective.

The time wasting in the last few minutes of the game is hardly unexpected to be fair. I think we would have been glad of a point considering Falkirk's dominance in the second half.

Although the result was a sickener, it shows the Mo aren't miles off the pace and there is still room for improvement, especially when we have a full squad to draw upon.

I thought Ryan Williamson had a pretty decent game.

I was genuinely surprised at the hype concerning Agyeman. Rather than "running riot", I felt he was well contained by the Mo defence and his final touch was poor today. His shot did lead to Falkirk's first goal but I felt Falkirk seemed to improve after he left the pitch.

We piled on a load of subs, presumably to give them game time experience at a bigger venue. That might be useful in our cup game against Raith Rovers.

Overall, disappointed but not disheartened.

Edited by Brummo
correction of earlier mistakes

21 minutes ago, Brummo said:

The away stand was too far away for me to see whether or not the Falkirk penalty was deserved but although the keeper took our player down on the edge of the box, I think as he denied the player a clear goal scoring opportunity as the last man, that probably justifies it being a penalty. Both our goals were well taken.

It doesn't work like that. It was outside the box so NO penalty, just a free kick.

I thought when Donaldson missed that chance, that was it. But Morrison, wow, what a hit. He had come close earlier and was outstanding today. I think I always got more annoyed at him than others because he is capable of this kind of game changing contribution. Great to see him playing with such confidence.

Yeats had a bit of a torrid time today Montrose clearly targeted our full backs with high balls. Strange seeing a team hit it long so much as so many try to play out from the back these days. However, they only had 2 efforts at goal in the second half and somehow managed 2 goals. I think we really deserved that in the end.

From a Montrose perspective,  gutted. Just a worldie stopped us from getting a well deserved point. Falkirk penalty looked very debatable but I was the length of the pitch away. Our penalty was a yard outside the box. However, had it been given as a free kick, you keeper would of been sent off.

Time wasting.  Quite surprised our keeper wasn't warned by the ref near the end. But, what's the thoughts on the time wasting by the Falkirk goalkeepers antics when you were 2-1 up? Oh, and the disappearance of the ball boys only for them to reappear at 2-2.

At the end of the day, we get nothing for our efforts but if we keep up the hard work like that, we'll be in the mix for a play off spot. Take it on the chin and move on to next week.

4 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

From a Montrose perspective,  gutted. Just a worldie stopped us from getting a well deserved point. Falkirk penalty looked very debatable but I was the length of the pitch away. Our penalty was a yard outside the box. However, had it been given as a free kick, you keeper would of been sent off.

Time wasting.  Quite surprised our keeper wasn't warned by the ref near the end. But, what's the thoughts on the time wasting by the Falkirk goalkeepers antics when you were 2-1 up? Oh, and the disappearance of the ball boys only for them to reappear at 2-2.

At the end of the day, we get nothing for our efforts but if we keep up the hard work like that, we'll be in the mix for a play off spot. Take it on the chin and move on to next week.

😂

2 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

You 100% cant complain about our ball boys. I know this because I 100% WAS complaining about them returning the ball quickly when we were leading. 

Thought our penalty was definitely a pen, couldn’t tell about the Montrose one as it was too far away. Montrose should have been down to 10, the No.3 who has the build of a lad that plays in the Sunday leagues should have picked up a second yellow for his challenge on Morrison but the ref, who was bloody hopeless shat it.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Thought our penalty was definitely a pen, couldn’t tell about the Montrose one as it was too far away. Montrose should have been down to 10, the No.3 who has the build of a lad that plays in the Sunday leagues should have picked up a second yellow for his challenge on Morrison but the ref, who was bloody hopeless shat it.

I thought Steeves (our no.3) was going to walk as well, no coincidence he was immediately subbed after the incident. 

I would have snapped your hand off for a point before the game, gutted to leave with nothing, but what a strike to win it. Didn’t help that we let Falkirk move up to our final third unopposed in the build up.

I was convinced the incident for our penalty happened outside the box. The ref looked toward the linesman who indicated penalty.

as for the time wasting, it’s now a part of the game, it can win you a game or come back and bite you on the arse. Onwards to next week, difficult match against bogie team Alloa. Hopefully have Miller Thomson back, he was a big miss today, really could have done with his ability running with the ball as well as holding it up  

Our penalty definitely looked like it was for handball. 

Montrose penalty looked outside the box from my view but as has been said, Long would have received a red if it was a free kick. 

The ref absolutely bottled it with Mo’s number 3. He committed the exact same foul that saw Nesbitt get a booking, yet he got away with it.