Bairns v The Mo

On 27/09/2023 at 16:09, Duncan Freemason said:

We all know well enough that Williamson can turn in a decent shift as a wing back, and once in a blue moon, he can score cracking goals.

However, our strength lies in attack. Williamson’s weakness lies in defending, so I am sure we know how to go about this.

Bairns win 4-2 (unless Berra gets the organisation and discipline mantra built in early, in which case I would go for 4-1).

I really cannot get used to these predictions that we will score FOUR goals in a game but this season it has been possible - so far

Probably the Cove and QotS games are the only ones in which we haven’t created half a dozen clear cut chances, and in the case of QotS, that came down as much to McGlynn’s well documented tactical limitations as anything else.

Hopefully Berra can instill the defensive organisation that will see much less of us dominating games only for the defence to screw up and concede daft goals. It’s perhaps not going to be an issue in the games where we score 3 or 4 goals, but in tighter games, it could make all the difference between winning the league, and ending up in the play-offs.

9 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Probably the Cove and QotS games are the only ones in which we haven’t created half a dozen clear cut chances, and in the case of QotS, that came down as much to McGlynn’s well documented tactical limitations as anything else.

Hopefully Berra can instill the defensive organisation that will see much less of us dominating games only for the defence to screw up and concede daft goals. It’s perhaps not going to be an issue in the games where we score 3 or 4 goals, but in tighter games, it could make all the difference between winning the league, and ending up in the play-offs.

Second half at cove we must have created about 8 chances. 

36 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Happy with that team. Decent bench too

Ross on the bench means it can change if needed on either the left or the middle if Nesbitt or Alfie don't perform. Which is good. I think Nesbitt is one who noticeably ups his game when there is genuine pressure on his place, which there absolutely is atm. 

Chances at either end. Montrose take the mantle of best side we've faced so far. They are organised and cohesive and have come to have a go. Very even Steven I'd say so far. Both sides have hit the bar. Long made a good save from a nice move that came down our right. 

Oliver the wrong sub for me, would have gone Ross and moved Alfie inside. 

Montrose have done well. Probably the best side I've seen us against this season. But we still look like the better team and deserve to be in front. Equaliser well deserved but did not look like a penalty to me.