Karens, are they to be pitied, scolded, ridiculed , or ignored?

Wacky

People spell my forename wrong quite a bit. One of my friends has the same forename as me but spelled the other way. I told his mum once that they'd got it wrong when naming him. Didn't go down well.

Folk often drop an 'N' from my surname too (the first one).

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Every cloud has a silver lining, mate. This woman won’t engage with me in any way shape or form now, and I consider that a plus. 
Being honest, I’d likely be the first person to help her out if she needed assistance in any way, and I wouldn’t let anyone get aggressive with her if I could help it. 
I still find that doorstep scenario amusing though, but everyone has their own level of humour. 

I just couldn't see through the overt racism (an African-American gentleman FFS as it that's relevant) and 'Karenness' to see any humour in it.  Just everything about her rubs me the wrong way (calm down Kenneth). 

And, worst of all she was a wid not! 

41 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Hmmm.... looking down on people... setting oneself up as being a judge of others behaviour while ignoring their own c#nty utterances... OUR HOME SECRETARY IS A KAREN!

Nah, she'd be asking to speak to the manager of the justice system, discovering that it's herself, then putting in a complaint to Rishi and demanding that he sack her.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

The USA definitely has a large number of people* who believe that if someone is of lower status than them (service industry, low paid, or otherwise powerless), then they're perfectly entitled to treat them like garbage. "If they don't like it, they should get a better job." is a common refrain. The idea of them simply not being arseholes doesn't fit into their worldview.

Curiously, during Covid when a lot of service workers were unable to work, many of them took college courses, or vocational training and 'did' get themselves better jobs. Now service industries are struggling to find people willing to accept their shitty positions, shitty pay and shitty conditions and the people* described above are yelling that "Nobody wants to work anymore!" 

* When I say "people" here, I do of course mean "Republicans".

It's certainly not a new thing with Americans, my sister in law worked on cruise ships over 25 years ago and even then she said the Yanks were c***s, and treated most of the crew like shit. There were always lots of Filipino crew members and they would get treated worse than anyone.

Regarding a male Karen, this guy just shot several people who were blocking a road in Panama as part of a protest. 

image.thumb.png.e8e99d136a5928d8e2f51b58fa347ffa.png

Extreme Karen-ing.

Theres a video of the confrontation, the guy shoots a protester in cold blood, no threat to him whatsoever. He needs to be in jail a long time.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Regarding a male Karen, this guy just shot several people who were blocking a road in Panama as part of a protest. 

image.thumb.png.e8e99d136a5928d8e2f51b58fa347ffa.png

Extreme Karen-ing.

Theres a video of the confrontation, the guy shoots a protester in cold blood, no threat to him whatsoever. He needs to be in jail a long time.

I would’ve thought that Bill Oddie was anti-gun.

33 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I just couldn't see through the overt racism (an African-American gentleman FFS as it that's relevant) and 'Karenness' to see any humour in it.  Just everything about her rubs me the wrong way (calm down Kenneth). 

And, worst of all she was a wid not! 

Ok!
I haven’t got a clue what you’re on about here, but thanks for your input. 
enjoy the rest of yer day and night, hk blues. 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

People spell my forename wrong quite a bit. One of my friends has the same forename as me but spelled the other way. I told his mum once that they'd got it wrong when naming him. Didn't go down well.

Folk often drop an 'N' from my surname too (the first one).

This reads like a 3,2,1 clue.

ETA- if the last sentence means you have a double barreled surname...MODS!!!

Edited by jimbaxters

34 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Was it the "wid not' part that f****d you?

A staunnin boabby does what it’s told, it’ll blindly dive into the deepest darkest holes, even the abyss if you so desire. It’s your most loyal friend. 
If I consume enough alcohol to make me forget all about my wife of thirty years, and if Said Karen can get my wee fella staunnin, then who knows what would happen. 
it’s the rest of yer post that’s baffling to me. 

5 minutes ago, Wacky said:

A staunnin boabby does what it’s told, it’ll blindly dive into the deepest darkest holes, even the abyss if you so desire. It’s your most loyal friend. 
If I consume enough alcohol to make me forget all about my wife of thirty years, and if Said Karen can get my wee fella staunnin, then who knows what would happen. 
it’s the rest of yer post that’s baffling to me. 

Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

44 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Season 18 Omg GIF by America's Got Talent

That’s a belter 🤣 but to be honest, using an image of his pus for anything other than a dart board or bogroll is just wrong 

32 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My son is called Ruairidh!

I’m sure that’s a Scottish name that sounds close to Rory? 

Edited by Wacky