Karens, are they to be pitied, scolded, ridiculed , or ignored?

Wacky

3 minutes ago, Wacky said:

That’s what I see on YouTube. Airports, eateries, supermarkets, and carparks, play parks, are all hunting grounds for these bizarre people, and are now to be found on yer doorstep in deepest darkest Fife. 

I haven’t seen much of it myself. With all the activities I do with the kids all the parents I see seem pretty decent and respectful.

I remember being on holiday in Salou in 2016 and the most hideous Karen was there. She was Scottish and around 6 foot tall and I could hear her entire conversation about her holiday at the poolside one day and she completely repulsed me. Later that evening I saw her towering over one of the waiters poking her fingers into his chest, asking how good his English was and shouting loudly and slowly so he could understand her better if his English wasn’t the best. I think it was to do with where the children section of the buffet was because she hadn’t looked long enough for it. This would have been before the term Karen was even invented. 

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

I haven’t seen much of it myself. With all the activities I do with the kids all the parents I see seem pretty decent and respectful.

I remember being on holiday in Salou in 2016 and the most hideous Karen was there. She was Scottish and around 6 foot tall and I could hear her entire conversation about her holiday at the poolside one day and she completely repulsed me. Later that evening I saw her towering over one of the waiters poking her fingers into his chest, asking how good his English was and shouting loudly and slowly so he could understand her better if his English wasn’t the best. I think it was to do with where the children section of the buffet was because she hadn’t looked long enough for it. This would have been before the term Karen was even invented. 

Sounds like an auld battle axe. I prefer my women to have a bit style and finesse. My beloved wife fit that bill 

40 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I work with a woman called Karen who despairs that her name is now synomous with poor behaviour.

I know a woman called Karan (correct arsey spelling) and she is probably responsible for this.

Regarding the OP's Karen; lives alone, is bored shitless and she lets little niggly things eat away at her until they are a real issue for her.  Unfortunately the world is full of them and they come in both XX and XY varieties.

Edited by Loonytoons

4 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Sounds like an auld battle axe. I prefer my women to have a bit style and finesse. My beloved wife fit that bill 

She wasn’t particularly old - 45 maybe. Recalling the story makes me feel sick it was the worst display I have ever seen.

1 minute ago, Loonytoons said:

I know a woman called Karan (correct arsey spelling) and she is probably responsible for this.

Regarding the OP's Karen; lives alone, is bored shitless and she let's little niggly things eat away at her until they are a real issue for her.  Unfortunately the world is full of them and they come in both XX and XY varieties.

That’s a frightening thought, a Karen that can rage at you then punch yer pus 

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

She wasn’t particularly old - 45 maybe. Recalling the story makes me feel sick it was the worst display I have ever seen.

Seems like a prime age for a full blown Karen. Scary stuff 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I had a woman from across the road knock on my door and pretty much demand access to my house to look at what my new cctv camera is pointing at.

My neighbours warned me about her when I moved here, and I said I’d have “a word” with her husband if she started her crap with me, but he apparently left years ago.

A theory could be that she murdered her husband. He’s either buried in the garden or dismembered and disposed of in the neighbourhood waste bins. You might be next if you don’t get rid of the evidence. 

The use of "Karen" to describe entitled busybodies was a bit of a disappointment, as our household used to joke than ladies named Karen seemed to do a power of shagging. Clearly that's not true for the bullying Karens.

When confronted by them, I've discovered that they really, really hate not being taken seriously. Treat them like a comedy show, with every furious, unreasonable demand being a mildly amusing punchline. Even better if you're able to utter the deathless line, "actually, I am the manager", or hand them over to a boss whom you know will find them equally ridiculous, and won't care about their toothless threats.

There seems to be a movement among Karens to pretend that the term is misogynistic, as though they believe all women are stupid enough to be convinced that it's a term being used to insult anyone female  :lol:

I have dealt with a few in my time and it depends on what mood I'm in.

Mostly I adapt the attitude of our old cat "you bore me, I'm far more important than you, I'll ignore your wishes until you go away etc". Sometimes I'll just quote arcane policies and laws at them for fun

P.s. I possess an NVQ in customer care ..