The Mo Vs The Bairns

Montrose and cove our next two games. Real possibility of receiving our first defeat of the season unfortunately. Especially with the injuries/suspensions and the games coming so quickly between each other. I don’t feel as though there is ever much difference fitness wise between the full time teams and part time teams. However, I do think you notice it when playing a part time team midweek. Therefore, I’ll go 2-1 Falkirk. 

Edited by Big chungus

I'll be along to Links Park to watch this one. Should be some game especially if Mo put on a display like they did against us at Balmoral second half. Played with real energy, drive and looked solid. Hester and Lyons with an in form Miller Thomson should cause some issues.

Bairns imperious form continues week on week. A few likely to be out but only one defeat all season in all competitions and that was by a solitary goal to Dundee United.

Can easily see a draw if Mo turn up like they can do and to be honest that wouldn't be a poor result for Falkirk who if they get through the December undefeated will have one hand on the title by Christmas.

6 points this week would see me wanking myself into a frenzy. Has the feel of a pivotal week. 

Realistically I'd probably settle for 4 atm as long as 3 of them come via beating the greaseball on Saturday. 

Very much a fixture and injury list where Stephen McGinns presence would be hugely appreciated. 

Going a goal down against Montrose could mean a defeat as I think we will struggle to claw it back*. Scoring first should hopefully mean we see it out as more space opens up.

If we did lose, it would curiously mirror DA last year at a similar time.

*For clarity, I only reckon this as it looks  like we will have a 5-0-5 formation going by availability of players.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

6 points this week would see me wanking myself into a frenzy. Has the feel of a pivotal week. 

Realistically I'd probably settle for 4 atm as long as 3 of them come via beating the greaseball on Saturday. 

Very much a fixture and injury list where Stephen McGinns presence would be hugely appreciated. 

Speaking to Accies fan last week, surprised to hear his comments that there a fair amount of fans think that the management team are a one trick pony, and not rated too much.

If we can get through the games up to the transfer window, without dropping points, I’d strongly fancy that the league is ours to loose.
Montrose - Cove - Hamiltons always said that they won’t be that far off challenging, and let’s be honest if we have got aspirations of winning the league, we must do something we’ve not done since dropping down to the third tier of Scottish football, is beat our rivals. FFS let’s start on Tuesday.

20 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Montrose easily the most impressive side to turn up at TFS and were quite unlucky to come away without a point. Hope Ryan Williamson is playing just for the bantz. 

He had his best game for us at the weekend, maybe he's hitting form!

Like most Falkirk fans, nervous about this.

Is there any evidence to support the (or my) theory that playing part time teams midweek is better as the players will have day jobs etc?

McGlynn doesn't seem to trust more than 12 or 13 players in the squad so i reckon we'll see the same lineup with maybe Spencer back in if fit for Henderson and hopefully Yeats continuing at RB as I haven't been particularly impressed by Bisland.

Edited by ilostmyself

24 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Like most Falkirk fans, nervous about this.

Is there any evidence to support the (or my) theory that playing part time teams midweek is better as the players will have day jobs etc?

McGlynn doesn't seem to trust more than 12 or 13 players in the squad so i reckon we'll see the same lineup with maybe Spencer back in if fit for Henderson and hopefully Yeats continuing at RB as I haven't been particularly impressed by Bisland.

There have been too many instances already of Spencer just making a match then being out for 2. We're short for sure, but we really need to watch I feel. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

There have been too many instances already of Spencer just making a match then being out for 2. We're short for sure, but we really need to watch I feel. 

Yeah If Spencer does play it’s obvious he won’t be fully fit. Don’t risk him. A making of a good team is the ability of that team to grind out a results even when they are missing a couple of their better players.