The Pie and Bovril Dead Pool 2024

I don't want to go all Steely on the thread, but I always find this to be a really difficult time of year.

The feeling of dread between submitting your team and getting your first hit is the worst feeling in the world.

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

3 Solos, one of which was surprising and 4 deadly duos. They're guaranteed to live beyond 31st December 2024. 

You look at other peoples picks and either think "damn, forgot about them" or "ha, nae chance" or "what do they know that I don't..." 

Quit your bitchin', bro............Mario Zagallo came good for our Deadly Duo today so rejoice and gimme a Hi5.

29 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Do we ever get to the point where being a Russian businessman or politician is just the same as being famous for being ill?

@alta-pete is doing that experiment this year. If he wins with a record-breaking 12 hits, all with unnatural causes bonuses from defenestration, then it might be time for a rule change.

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

@alta-pete is doing that experiment this year. If he wins with a record-breaking 12 hits, all with unnatural causes bonuses from defenestration, then it might be time for a rule change.

I would argue for Russian defenestration being a natural cause.

This is my first year, and I'm totally confused by loads of posts on here. Can you see who everyone has chosen? What's all this solo picks and Deadly Duos? I'm old and need help.

59 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

This is my first year, and I'm totally confused by loads of posts on here. Can you see who everyone has chosen? What's all this solo picks and Deadly Duos? I'm old and need help.

This is a link to 2023 Champion Aim Here's far superior spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yfhdssUxqb8bZfMcgZKdPigZNqp83pJHRVdMR23MnyY

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

All the answers you need are on the first page of the thread. There is a post which contains a spreadsheet containing the details of all of the posters who are playing the game, and who they’ve picked in their squads. A solo shot is when a person dies and they’ve only been picked by one player, I.e me this week with David Soul. A deadly duo is where someone dies and only two players have picked them (Mario Zagallo this week, for instance). 

That’s the beauty of the game. Do you pack your squad with well (or not well as the case may be be) kent faces and risk getting the same points as everyone else? Or do you pop a couple of randoms in your team who no one else may have, and celebrate loosely when said random meets their maker? 

Anyway, Mon the fucking reaper, get that scythe looked oot. 

9 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I notice Draper's Wiki page and the Mirror state that he passed on the 3rd :ph34r:

Kate Garraway's devastating 12 hour flight after Derek Draper suffered heart attack in Mexico - Mirror Online

I noticed something similar was said on the Daily Heil in a piece they wrote about her. I figured Miguel Sanchez was still in a dark room contemplating Glynis Johns/David Soul for solos shot (both died on the 4th). 

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Everything is on the first page of the thread.

10 hours ago, Aim Here said:

I await with interest. Is there an difference between an obituary and a report of death?

#seriousbusiness