Falkirk v Queens

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A few weeks ago, after a pitiful home defeat to Kelty, Bartley offered up a pretty incredible post-match interview.

The main theme involved casting individuals under passing busses. The highlight involved the claim that he'd discovered that players were spending 8-9 hours at a time on gaming chairs, tuned into their Playstations, during the day before matches.

It got picked up by the media and caused a stir.

Aw well, only named Gibson yesterday!

33 minutes ago, printer said:

That's Callumn Morrison, m8.

What’s happened to you Printer?  You used to offer up sensible analysis.  Now you come up with this sub-VirginTon nonsense

Edited by Disco Duck

36 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Of course! I watched that interview! I think Marvin Bartley might actually have had a point about footballers away from training and their screen time, but absolutely no-one wanted to hear it when he's scratching for excuses to explain away his team's lousy form.

(For what it's worth, I think it pales into insignificance compared to the George Galloway debacle - now that was a genuinely embarrassing moment for the club.)

The George Galloway debacle may even pale in comparison to the Sevco vote fiasco and the subsequent "like it or lump it, but whatever you do keep buying season tickets and replica kits" style response to fan complaints.

9 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

The George Galloway debacle may even pale in comparison to the Sevco vote fiasco and the subsequent "like it or lump it, but whatever you do keep buying season tickets and replica kits" style response to fan complaints.

Yes, I fully intend to get past that one at some point.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

What’s happened to you Printer?  You used to offer up sensible analysis.  Now you come up with this sub-VirginTon nonsense

Just a dip in form, m8. Needing to work harder on the training ground IMO.

6 hours ago, bod said:

Aw well, only named Gibson yesterday!

You can't blame Gibson for the goal he got beat at the half way line surely blame Logan  or Armbrose.

The problem with Marv Is he is to clever for his own.good .

Mental for Bartley to criticise Gibson there when Miller has been gliding by men for fun all season and Queens' passive approach allowed us to fire cross after cross after cross in to their box. One was always going to fall our way eventually. Incredibly naive 

31 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Mental for Bartley to criticise Gibson there when Miller has been gliding by men for fun all season and Queens' passive approach allowed us to fire cross after cross after cross in to their box. One was always going to fall our way eventually. Incredibly naive 

Just seen the goal. Absolutely laughable he's blamed Gibson for that. All that demonstrates to me is that he's drilled it into them to stay goal side at all costs. 

Though I don't blame Ambrose, I'd say he's at fault more than Gibson. He's not bothered to mention his lovechild McClelland completely loses his man. 

Can't bring myself to watch the post match interview.  Yesterday was a harrowing enough watch for those of us who attended.  Back to the tried and failed negative tactics.  I've always liked away days, but now I am starting to question if it is worth spending all that money to watch s**t shows like that.

1 minute ago, Katboy said:

Can't bring myself to watch the post match interview.  Yesterday was a harrowing enough watch for those of us who attended.  Back to the tried and failed negative tactics.  I've always liked away days, but now I am starting to question if it is worth spending all that money to watch s**t shows like that.

It wasn't shit it was a good performance according to Bartley...

Just now, Katboy said:

He is clearly deluded.

He's been deluded all season. If I were a queen's fan I'd be really cheesed off continually being patronised with his assessment of games. How can any self respecting manager be happy with a game where you have 0 points, 0 goals, 0 shots on target and barely leave your own half? 

Other part time teams with less resources than queens have come to TFS and tactically made a real game of it, Montrose and kelty immediately spring to mind.

21 minutes ago, Artemis said:

I don’t think Bartley is deluded. His post match interviews are always designed to highlight how much he got things right and that any failings were entirely down to players, either individually or collectively. All about self-preservation. Except nobody is fooled now. Although the people who employed him in the first place appear to still be taken in by his codswallop.

If this is the case it’s hardly a surprise that you are dropping points to lesser opposition. Can’t see players being ‘bought in’ to supporting a manager who uses them to cover his own deficiencies.
It’s only a matter of time before a player revolt is in full swing behind the scenes……

On 06/01/2024 at 20:25, 19QOS19 said:

Is an indictment of where we are that my first reaction to that post is full agreement. Even when it's banter, if someone calls your side shite it can get your back up a wee bit. I have absolutely no energy to defend us just now. 

Sadly I doubt they are. We all know why Gibson was really chucked and I fully expect Bartley to see his time out if he isn't sacked this month. 

Much as I like Gibson, he was almost completely anonymous yesterday. Of course, he was far from alone in that. No-one at yesterday’s game seemed particularly surprised when he was subbed tbh.

Edited by Frankie S

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

He's been deluded all season. If I were a queen's fan I'd be really cheesed off continually being patronised with his assessment of games. How can any self respecting manager be happy with a game where you have 0 points, 0 goals, 0 shots on target and barely leave your own half? 

Other part time teams with less resources than queens have come to TFS and tactically made a real game of it, Montrose and kelty immediately spring to mind.

What annoys me most is his rigid approach.  Players are expected to conform absolutely to the system and individuality is clearly not encouraged.  Even when the game plan is obviously not working he refuses to change.  Every week his interviews consist of variations of "its not my fault"

Had we tried to make a game of it yesterday and gone down 3-2 or 2-1 , it would have been more palatable.  Attending games now is becoming more a test of endurance.

14 minutes ago, Frankie S said:

Much as I like Gibson, he was almost completely anonymous yesterday. Of course, he was far from alone in that. No-one at yesterday’s game seemed particularly surprised when he was subbed tbh.

He's far from the finished article and is very very raw but I think there's more potential with Gibson than with Bartley so I'd sooner get rid of the latter. 

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

He's far from the finished article and is very very raw but I think there's more potential with Gibson than with Bartley so I'd sooner get rid of the latter. 

I was a Bartley supporter at first. I thought he was a refreshing appointment. I thought he’d do well. I’m now resigned to the fact that we’re going nowhere under his stewardship. His eye for a player (even taking into account the limited budget at his disposal) is at best questionable, and the brand of football he has us playing is stiflingly negative and hard to watch. It’s increasingly difficult to make much of a case for his retention. I suspect he has this transfer window to turn things round, and if we miss out on the play-offs, he’ll be gone by the end of the season.

Edited by Frankie S