Falkirk v Queens

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Certainly not ... you've just reminded me of Bremner's miss from 2 feet out in front of the post ffs ... 🫤😐😎

or his “slow it down lads” v Zaire, whilst the Yugoslav’s hit them for 9.🤦🏻‍♂️

Predictable pish. Get the ball out wide & sling a cross into the box for the CF to get on the end of. Managed it once, I think. Ambrose has had an easy shift.

We need to try and stop the crosses coming in from the sides it's only a matter of time until a bairn gets on the end of one. Efe must have a sore head with all his clearances. As I feared Morrison is leading McIntyre a merry dance.

As for getting some sort of relief when the ball goes forward from us it just comes straight back! I'd be bringing Doherty on up too for the second half.

Can't see it happening but like pre ko I would take a point now.

Edited by bod

We’ve played well defensively, with Ambrose and McClelland both excellent in the centre of defence. However, we’ve offered absolutely nothing in an attacking sense, with a seeming inability to string more than a couple of passes together in the opposition half. We lack pace, creativity and (seemingly) ambition going forward. We’ve looked weak and passive in midfield, often getting bullied off the ball, repeatedly surrendering possession in the middle of the park.

Falkirk have had a lot of the ball, their wide players are quite useful, and they’ve slung a lot of crosses into our box, most of which have been capably dealt with by Ambrose and McClelland, but they’ve created very few clear cut chances. One free header over the bar, when well placed to test the keeper, towards the end of the half was about as close as they got. While a goal has never felt imminent, with the amount of pressure Falkirk are exerting, and with us giving the ball away repeatedly in midfield, the odds are that we’ll concede at some point in the second half, so a goal on the break would be nice, even though we really haven’t looked like getting one so far. 

Edited by Frankie S

Just now, ilostmyself said:

Fairly similar to the last game at TFS although QoTS have attacked less if you can believe it.

Ambrose really making it look easy dealing with our crosses, we need to find another way

Our manager making a change in tactics?👀 #DontBeDaft

Two wingers that have  been told not to bother taking a defender on & breaking into the box.

They’re playing so far wide there isn’t anybody with 10 yards of MacIver when he’s winning anything in the air.

1 minute ago, Slipmat said:

In terms of what may happen in the second half, what would have the shorter odds?  A Queens goal attempt or McClelland getting booked?

Can't see us having an attempt on goal but McClelland  must be odds on for a booking!

Edited by bod

How this ref managed to play exactly 45 mins in that half too, was astounding. Should have been 5 mins min added, due to stoppages, injuries, time wasting.

Just now, Slipmat said:

In terms of what may happen in the second half, what would have the shorter odds?  A Queens goal attempt or McClelland getting booked?

I think that the bookies would close the book on that one! Saying that, it's not been a game with a lot of defensive tackling, more of clearing crosses from our box.