Falkirk v Queens

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think someone said Queens form is a bit of an enigma but when teams only raise their game against better sides it suggests to me that the manager isn’t getting them motivated in games they are expected to win. I’m surprised Bartley is still in charge tbh.

Be interested in Queens posters thoughts on the reason why they only start to play against better sides such as ourselves……

They’ve done f**k all against Hamilton. We just need to perform better on Saturday 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

They’ve done f**k all against Hamilton. We just need to perform better on Saturday 

We virtually never do anything against Hamilton and pretty much always lose at home to Alloa.

We do seem to be able to be a pest to Falkirk, even in the journeyman years and strangely even now when we're absolutely shite 😉

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

8 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I think someone said Queens form is a bit of an enigma but when teams only raise their game against better sides it suggests to me that the manager isn’t getting them motivated in games they are expected to win. I’m surprised Bartley is still in charge tbh.

Be interested in Queens posters thoughts on the reason why they only start to play against better sides such as ourselves……

Think you're right in everything you've said there.

I suspect the reason he's still in post is money!

10 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

2- 1  Queens 

You can thank me later.

Gotta take my hat off to you there @Spring Onion, that's been some belter of a party you were at last night ... fair doos. 🤣

14 hours ago, Roboccop said:

McGuffie’s goal yesterday was impressive. Dribbled past 6 players in the box then shot. Doesn’t do bad goals. 

The best 5-a-side player in Scotland that is somehow still getting FT contracts. He scores decent goals of that there is no doubt, pity he is shit at everything else a FT footballer needs mind you. 

Edited by BPM Again

same attitude and tempo as the first half vs Stirling and we have a great opportunity to pick up the 3 points.

if we win on Saturday and again b's Cove we can almost forget Cove as a title threat.

1 hour ago, ChrispPancake said:

same attitude and tempo as the first half vs Stirling and we have a great opportunity to pick up the 3 points.

if we win on Saturday and again b's Cove we can almost forget Cove as a title threat.

We would need to have a major collapse in form for Cove to form a threat to us and I don’t see that happening with this group of players.

Two horse race.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Would agree we can already rule Cove out of the title race. If Fyvie could stay fit they would have a chance of being involved. But he can't so they won't 

Is Burrell not hotly tipped to move back down south?

8 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Is Burrell not hotly tipped to move back down south?

Should have done enough to get a move down south especially as it was only a one year deal he signed with Cove. 

On 31/12/2023 at 15:12, Shodwall cat said:

Queen's are a bit of an enigma having managed to raise their game at times in games against us and the likes of united in the cup whilst at other times have been beaten quite comfortably by sides they should be doing far better against.

Tbf that United cup tie produced something of a freak result - United had 35 or so shots to our 9 I think, and our keeper was outstanding. Just wait till the Buddies get hold of us in Ferguslie Park in the next round on 20th January ... 🫣 🫤

That said, I think most players at any level naturally up their game against legitimately superior opponents ... it's what happens, and it's what we'll be praying for come Saturday or another Stirling will be on the cards.

We can never seem to break down Marvin’s low block. Queens are happy to sit back and let us put crosses in the box as they know Efe should deal with most of them. Quick tempo is required as is the possibility that we may need to go through the middle rather than out wide more on Saturday.

14 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

We can never seem to break down Marvin’s low block. Queens are happy to sit back and let us put crosses in the box as they know Efe should deal with most of them. Quick tempo is required as is the possibility that we may need to go through the middle rather than out wide more on Saturday.

Isn't Ambrose away as of the 1st? Could be wrong thought I read that on Queens thread. 

It's been a while since we resorted to cross after cross into the box. We had a spell of maybe a little bit of predictability and lack of plan B at the start of Q2 although results largely held up, but we look as if we are evolving as a team again. 

3-0. Ross Maciver hattrick of close range headers. 

16 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

If you'd have seen how bad we were against Hamilton you wouldn't be saying that. If Bartley has the same sort of brain fart he had that day Morrison will have a field day against us! MacIntyre and Walker were shocking on our left, Bartley must have been the only person in the ground not to see it.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Isn't Ambrose away as of the 1st? Could be wrong thought I read that on Queens thread. 

It's been a while since we resorted to cross after cross into the box. We had a spell of maybe a little bit of predictability and lack of plan B at the start of Q2 although results largely held up, but we look as if we are evolving as a team again. 

3-0. Ross Maciver hattrick of close range headers. 

According to QoS website Ambrose contract expires January 2024, not sure that necessarily means the 1st of the month though. If he is away (still possibility of him signing an extension) and our other recognised central defenders don't recover from injury we could be very makeshift back there. We are so short that Josh Todd finished at the back V Annan last week. We really need all our players on top of their game (and a bit of luck and favourable referee) and hope Falkirk are just a bit off if we have any chance of getting something on Saturday. Also depends on what names and formation comes out in Marvin's tombola draw.