Falkirk v Queens

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

According to QoS website Ambrose contract expires January 2024, not sure that necessarily means the 1st of the month though. 

Going by the news item on the club website* when his signing was announced in July his contract has now expired:

Welcome - Efe Ambrose

We have today signed Efe Ambrose on a short-term deal. The 34-year-old who was a free agent after leaving Morton joins the squad until the end of the year.

I suppose there's still a chance he may sign another short-term contract before Saturday, indeed he may have already done so or has extended his current one to the end of the season but the club admin / SFA quillpushers are stretching their holidays out for as long as possible meaning the paperwork hasn't been signed off yet.

* Question for Homer T - is there any prospect of the O/S club news ever being made searchable?  It's actually much easier to find specific news items on the old pre-Beta site!  Think it's been asked on here before but I can't remember the response.

5 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Going by the news item on the club website* when his signing was announced in July his contract has now expired:

Welcome - Efe Ambrose

We have today signed Efe Ambrose on a short-term deal. The 34-year-old who was a free agent after leaving Morton joins the squad until the end of the year.

I suppose there's still a chance he may sign another short-term contract before Saturday, indeed he may have already done so or has extended his current one to the end of the season but the club admin / SFA quillpushers are stretching their holidays out for as long as possible meaning the paperwork hasn't been signed off yet.

* Question for Homer T - is there any prospect of the O/S club news ever being made searchable?  It's actually much easier to find specific news items on the old pre-Beta site!  Think it's been asked on here before but I can't remember the response.

Aye, I just looked at the player profile on the OS and it said contract ends January 2024 so wasn't sure what part of the month it meant. Worth an extension if he wants it given our injury problems in that area. Not sure how far away Brydon is from returning but Ambrose would still be decent cover even if all players are ready. 

51 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Welcome - Efe Ambrose

It gets asked every now and again. It's possible to do but probably unlikely to happen anytime soon. 

You can use Google to search within sites, put 

site:www.qosfc.com Dobbie

Into the url bar and it will search the site for Dobbie 

36 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

It gets asked every now and again. It's possible to do but probably unlikely to happen anytime soon. 

You can use Google to search within sites, put 

site:www.qosfc.com Dobbie

Into the url bar and it will search the site for Dobbie 

Many thanks.  Will give that a go in the future.

Well with the good news of both Stones and Efe signing until the end of the season we can at least field some kind of reasonable defence although I do fear Bartley might play MacIntyre at left back. If he does surely, he won’t then play Walker in front of him like he did at Hamilton as Morrison will have a field day.

As for the middle of the park, W Gibson ran the show for Annan last week for large periods of the game, so we need to try and get a grip of it this week. It was good to see young Johnstone come on, but it would be a big ask for him to play in there tomorrow. Hopefully McKay will be back fit so him and Todd can sit in.

It’ll be interesting to see who plays further up the park, both McGuffie (goal) and Doherty (assist) played reasonably well last week and would be aggrieved to be left out should Connelly be fully fit and return.

Anyway, I’d like us to go something like below, but who knows what Bartley’s team tombola will throw out.

Stones.

Logan, Ambrose, McClleland.

Todd, Ferguson, McKay, Gibson

McGuffie, Doherty.

Reilly

It's a bit of a free hit for us really, so as long as we don't take a drubbing I'll take that and move on to Alloa at home.

More "free hit" shite as if we are Brazil 1970.

I tend to nearly always have a bad feeling before games, but I have a really bad feeling about this one.

I won't feel the league is won unless we are 27 points clear with only two games left to play 😄

10 hours ago, bod said:

Well with the good news of both Stones and Efe signing until the end of the season we can at least field some kind of reasonable defence although I do fear Bartley might play MacIntyre at left back. If he does surely, he won’t then play Walker in front of him like he did at Hamilton as Morrison will have a field day.

MacIntyre was probably our MOTM against Falkirk in the Palmerston match but was comprehensively ragdolled by Morrison at the Falkirk Stadium.  Gibson's defensive abilities are questionable though, so I'd be tempted to start both provided we play with a back four which also allows Gibson to concentrate on the creative side of his game further up the pitch.  Gibson would give MacIntyre far more protection than Walker too, who doesn't really do defending - at all.

Now that we're all relieved that Efe has extended his contract and will be in the team it's a stick-on that he will have a mare tomorrow and lay a goal or two on a plate for Falkirk.

Edited by Slipmat

10 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

More "free hit" shite as if we are Brazil 1970.

I can put you out of your misery here - you're definitely not Brasil 1970.

But these things are relative. Compared to the shite we've served up over the last few seasons you're substantially far enough ahead of us for this to qualify easily for "free hit" shite.

Thank you (as they say in Dundee).

11 hours ago, bod said:

As for the middle of the park, W Gibson ran the show for Annan last week for large periods of the game, so we need to try and get a grip of it this week. It was good to see young Johnstone come on, but it would be a big ask for him to play in there tomorrow. Hopefully McKay will be back fit so him and Todd can sit in.

It’ll be interesting to see who plays further up the park, both McGuffie (goal) and Doherty (assist) played reasonably well last week and would be aggrieved to be left out should Connelly be fully fit and return.

Anyway, I’d like us to go something like below, but who knows what Bartley’s team tombola will throw out.

Stones.

Logan, Ambrose, McClleland.

Todd, Ferguson, McKay, Gibson

McGuffie, Doherty.

Reilly

It's a bit of a free hit for us really, so as long as we don't take a drubbing I'll take that and move on to Alloa at home.

3 at the back against Falkirk and you accuse MB of team tombola!  If we played that they would rip us to shreds. 

35 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

But these things are relative. Compared to the shite we've served up over the last few seasons you're substantially far enough ahead of us for this to qualify easily for "free hit" shite.

Same league, full time as well, perfectly capable of winning tomorrow. Free hit patter = SHITE

Didn't realise Queens recent run of form was so decent with 10 points from the last 12. Given that form and we've drawn and won by one late goal in the previous two encounters on paper this should be another tough one. Also notice Gavin Reilly has been involved in over one third of Queens league goals this season so keep him quiet and that would go a long way to securing a win today.

I'm hoping with Queens injury situation, us being at home and our form being excellent this game will be a different game to the previous two. Hoping for another blistering start and if we score first and early it could and should be a different kind of game. With Cove midweek would be good not to be stretched to the last minute and get some key players off, having said that, as always would take any kind of win here again. 

10 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Same league, full time as well, perfectly capable of winning tomorrow. Free hit patter = SHITE

Aye, full time but picking up the lowest quality of the full time market due to having the lowest full time budget - hence the league position, lagging well behind the other FT sides. League tables don't lie.

28 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Didn't realise Queens recent run of form was so decent with 10 points from the last 12.

It is indeed a decent run of form, but on closer inspection that needs qualified.  Of the three wins, two have come from Annan and an Edinburgh City under-20s side - ie the sides below us in the table and who we would normally be expected to beat.  The draw was with Stirling who are also below us in the table and who The Bairns hammered the other week.  I'll perhaps consider that we might have turned a corner if and when we start picking up points during the third quarter against sides higher up the table.  We could very well be flattering to deceive here.

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Didn't realise Queens recent run of form was so decent with 10 points from the last 12. Given that form and we've drawn and won by one late goal in the previous two encounters on paper this should be another tough one. Also notice Gavin Reilly has been involved in over one third of Queens league goals this season so keep him quiet and that would go a long way to securing a win today.

I'm hoping with Queens injury situation, us being at home and our form being excellent this game will be a different game to the previous two. Hoping for another blistering start and if we score first and early it could and should be a different kind of game. With Cove midweek would be good not to be stretched to the last minute and get some key players off, having said that, as always would take any kind of win here again. 

As @Otis Blue says, if we get a result today I'll maybe start to believe we've turned a corner. As it stands, I think the Montrose win was just a freak result and we're actually as bad as we've been all season. I fully expect a comfortable Falkirk win today. 

12 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Ok then, ‘74; happier?brazil germany GIF

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

Ok then, ‘74; happier?brazil germany GIF

Certainly not ... you've just reminded me of Bremner's miss from 2 feet out in front of the post ffs ... 🫤😐😎

QOS Team 31.Stone 23.Logan 24.Ambrose 15.McClelleand 19.MacIntyre 5.McKay 8.Todd 17.Ferguson 11.McGuffie 14.Hutchinson 27.Gibson

Subs  1.Botterill 28.Johnstone 7.McKechnie 30.Walker 10.Connelly 25.Doherty 20.Irving 22.Raggett 33.Kennedy

Edited by Distant Doonhamer