Falkirk v Queens

8 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I can only surmise that the Falkirk players were awestruck by our ability to play tiki-taka football in our own half and stood back to watch in admiration.

I'd imagine they were applauding some of it.

9 minutes ago, Dougie Mills said:

Mission accomplished 

Marv game plan nearly worked play for a boring  draw make no attempt to win the game.

I would rathe we had a go but Marv wil no doubt say he got everything right but some player did not do his job at the goal .

He is,never wrong if we make the playoffs  i will be amazed .

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

2 shots and 0 on target. Absolutely fucking pathetic at any level. 

Queens were pathetic. Made absolutely no effort to get forward and started to waste time after 20 minutes. If I were a Queens fan I would want that manager out tonight. Every other team that has come to TFS has at least tried to get forward. Any manager can set up to stop the opposition. 
Bartley got what he deserved. Queens fans deserve better. 

Agree both that Queens got exactly what they deserved and also that paying fans should be demanding better. 

We should have thumped them really. Also, yet another team who seem to lose the rag after 70 minutes. McClellands wee tantrums in the corner trying to dispossess Alfie were good. 

3 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Gibson had 26 points after 21 games last season when he was sacked. Bartley can only equal that if Queens win game number 21 next Saturday. So, if they are operating on the same basis, Bartley should be sacked now.

So we need a win next week and Bartley to say something unpalatable to a shop assistant to be in the same situation as last season.

5 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

Queens were pathetic. Made absolutely no effort to get forward and started to waste time after 20 minutes. If I were a Queens fan I would want that manager out tonight. Every other team that has come to TFS has at least tried to get forward. Any manager can set up to stop the opposition. 
Bartley got what he deserved. Queens fans deserve better. 

Sadly the problem isn’t just the manager. That issue could be fixed quickly.

No, the club has been withering on the vine for the past five or six seasons. 

I genuinely can’t see us being a league club in the next 5-10 years, if the neglect continues. 

We did have 2 shots, both tame efforts well over the bar, by Gibson and Connelly respectively. Utterly insipid performance from Queens today. Been at the last two away games, against Stirling and Falkirk, two utterly dismal performances (though Falkirk were competent opposition at least - Stirling were rank), and can’t say there’s much to enthuse about. This team are a tough watch. No ambition, no urgency, no presence in midfield, no pace, no guile, no attacking threat whatsoever. For all its limitations, the defence isn’t actually all that bad. There’s no way this current squad are good enough to contend for the promotion play offs. We’ll need to strengthen considerably in the current window to have any chance. What’s more worrying is that we at least started the season with some attacking intent, but as the season has progressed we’ve got ever more negative, to the extent that we’re now truly dispiriting to watch. The players clearly aren’t good enough, but the style of play is stiflingly dull, and that, presumably, to some extent at least, comes from the manager.

A hard earned 3 points against a stuffy Queens team who were well marshalled at the back by Ambrose.

Obvious to see they weren’t afforded the same space that the Binos gave them last week.

That the goal came off the only thing he never got a decent connection, & that Nesbitt’s quick reaction decided the game, says it all. 

Also a mention to the save the Queens keeper pulled off at his back post; the ball having screamed across goal with MacIver failing to make contact. Just how he managed to keep out Miller’s effort,  at point blank range, was quite something.

Edited by kiddy

Thought that was the most comfortable 1 nil that I’ve seen in a long time. Once we scored I never felt that we would lose a goal at any point. We should have won by more goals but I’ll take 1-0 wins from now until May.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

I will simply never understand time-wasting and playing for 0-0. It's a shitebag attitude and as soon as you lose a goal that's you hooped as the whole momentum of the match is against you. Queens played exactly the same way the last time at TFS and it didn't work then either. You've got to question why Bartley is setting his team up so negatively

Fair play to Efe Ambrose for heading away around 400 Falkirk crosses 

Nesbitt easily my MotM today even without his goal, he was absolutely everywhere and I lost count of the number of times we won the ball back in the middle of the park. Good to see McKay being the one dumped off the bench to accommodate Shanley 

Thought we were quite wasteful in the final third today, no idea how Miller managed to hit the keeper with the goal gaping 

McClelland providing a real comedy moment near the end as well, GIRUY 

With the Hamilton game off, now a huge chance to open up an 11 point gap on Tuesday 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

3 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

With the Hamilton game off, now a huge chance to open up an 11 point gap on Tuesday 

Opportunity to really pile the pressure on Accies. Could make it 11 points +GD (effectively 12)!

🤞🙏🏼 #COYB

18 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

3 at the back against Falkirk and you accuse MB of team tombola!  If we played that they would rip us to shreds. 

You were saying?

If you set up like QoTS you need to at least have an out ball up the field and they had absolutely nothing.

I thought we were in no danger at all and the only question was if we'd get a cross past Ambrose. I thought McGlynn making a triple attacking sub at 1 nil showed how little threat we faced.

Same team for Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Well, we did try to tell you how shite we were before kick-off tbf ...

You were absolutely rank, that I will agree with, but one slip at the back or a dodgy refereeing decision and you could have sneaked a point. We've all seen it countless times.

I want to say that I fully rate Ross MacIver, but would say that Jordan Allan would have got a hat trick today. There must have been about 6 crosses zipped right across the box within the 6 yard line, and nobody attacked them (until Miller forced a wonder save from Stone), A sniffer like Allan would have filled his boots.

None of what has transpired today comes as any kind of surprise to the Queens fans on here, we knew what would be served up.

The only kind of defence for Bartley is that he will have known if he'd tried to go toe to toe with a decent Falkirk side with this squad (aye, his squad ...) we'd have been absolutely hammered, and I guess given that he's trying to keep his job it's then not exactly surprising that he's gone for minimal damage.

A question for Queens fans - remember when we used to be competitive? ... no, not really, neither do I sadly ...

10 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

A question for Queens fans - remember when we used to be competitive? ... no, not really, neither do I sadly ...

That's the point isn't it?

I suppose we are 'competitive' in this division in that we're in the middle of it and we were last season too.  

It's not good enough though and it's come on the back of, I'd say, 5 previous successive seasons of not good enoughness.  

We have returned to being the sort of club we were in the closing decades of the last century. 

We'd got away from that for long enough to allow 'not bad' to feel natural.  However, our current surroundings are now starting to feel that way.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I am pissed off about the situation. I mean, in normal circumstances we should be giving Falkirk not only a good game home and away, but challenging them for the title too. 

However, I am getting to the stage now where I am caring less, because this is the norm now. 

We ‘don’t do’ protests against the board like Falkirk fans would. Instead, Queens fans just drift away never  to return. 

Have to say, as much as we've been utter dung for the past few years and played some torrid football, don't remember us ever turning up to a side and being that defensive. 

queens fans do deserve better, the media would have you believe Bartleys a top manager, that performance was total tinpot.