Falkirk v Queens

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's not often I'm beaten for pessimism, but hats off on this occasion.

No full time side should struggle down here but Falkirk did for long enough on gates of 4,000, so it's hardly unprecedented.  

As for the board, I've been critical enough of stuff before, but I'm struggling to see what I'd be criticising here. 

We did stay full-time.  We have appointed a manager most of us backed. 

I get the argument that suggests systemic failings given how long we've been in decline.  However, I couldn't pinpoint those particular failings with confidence, so without shouting at clouds, I'm not sure what exactly I'm meant to be looking for.

A blind man can see that we are failing as a club.

Responsibility for the decline both on and off the field lies at the door of those at the top of the club. It really is as simple as that.

Of course, the board are elected by and are accountable to the shareholders. It seems the shareholders are happy enough with how things are going., So perhaps I should be too,.

It can’t get any worse than it is? I don’t see anything to suggest it won’t. 

Edited by qos_75

7 hours ago, bod said:

Whit, another "freak" injury? Wtf do they do at training, how many "freak" injuries can a team have in a season?

this could be a long afternoon.

Repetitive strain injury playing xbox  controller

The Falkirk goal really highlighted just one of the things that pisses me off about Queens tactics, and not just in this match. Falkirk kick-off the 2nd half keeping possession, a couple of passes later they're on the attack, and goal. Just about every time Queens kick-off the ball's played backwards, then launched aimlessly up towards the touchline, usually to one of our smaller players, possession is normally lost and we're on the back foot right away. It's like something you'd see on the public parks on a Sunday. 

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's not often I'm beaten for pessimism, but hats off on this occasion.

No full time side should struggle down here but Falkirk did for long enough on gates of 4,000, so it's hardly unprecedented.  

We were totally fucked by Covid and the SPFL

2 points behind Raith,  better goal difference, with Raith still to visit TFS  when the leagues were called. 

Yet another time Falkirk have been fucked over by Scottish Football authorities 

2 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

We were most likely saved from relegation by Covid so I hear what you are saying but even if agreeing with your post not sure it covers all your recent struggles at this level. 

7 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

We were most likely saved from relegation by Covid so I hear what you are saying but even if agreeing with your post not sure it covers all your recent struggles at this level. 

It doesn’t cover all the failings but should be an * whenever Falkirk have spent X years in the third tier is mentioned.

Deserved 3 points despite again not playing that well v queens.

Someone mentioned it earlier if I was a queens fan - “dispiriting”.  Not sure I could palate setting up like that as a full time team in league 1. Boak.  

11 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

It doesn’t cover all the failings but should be an * whenever Falkirk have spent X years in the third tier is mentioned.

Fair enough. Maybe make the years of struggle X-1 then. 
Our travails at this level suggest being FT is no guarantee of even  challenging  at this level and we’ve been awful this season and last. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

50 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Fair enough. Maybe make the years of struggle X-1 then. 
Our travails at this level suggest being FT is no guarantee of even  challenging  at this level and we’ve been awful this season and last. 

I was advocating us considering hybrid FT/PT last season.  Hopefully I won’t be of that mindset again, but I can’t help feeling you are maybe 2 years behind us on the same cycle.

7 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

2 points behind Raith,  better goal difference, with Raith still to visit TFS  when the leagues were called. 

Alright.  Cling to that if it floats your boat.

I don't think it dents my point though.

Without wishing to open all that again, I don't know what decision you think should have been made instead in the circumstances.  Your response makes those of Hearts and Thistle fans sound dignified.

7 hours ago, Blane Fonda said:

We were one point behind 

Hearts and Partick should never have been relegated. Raith should never have been awarded the title.

For season 20/21

The Premiership should have become 13 teams

Championship should have become 14 teams with Raith Falkirk Airdrie Montrose and East Fife joining those that remained from Championship season 19/21

Division 1 should have become the remaining 15 teams.

No team should have ended up in a worse position than they may have been had the leagues continued.

They could then have concocted a system to readjust the leagues in subsequent seasons, via Play Offs or whatever. 

IMG_0533.png

4 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

We were one point behind 

Hearts and Partick should never have been relegated. Raith should never have been awarded the title.

For season 20/21

Championship should have become 14 teams with Raith Falkirk Airdrie Montrose and East Fife joining those that remained from Championship season 19/21

No team should have ended up in a worse position than they may have been had the leagues continued.

They could then have concocted a system to readjust the leagues in subsequent seasons, via Play Offs or whatever. 

IMG_0533.png

What convoluted self serving pish.

I think that season they should have just null and voided the leagues. Covid was unprecedented and no team should have benefitted or suffered from it. The prize money should have been given out in respect of what position your were in league wise when the football stopped. There should have been no promotion or relegation.

The one that pissed me off more was the hand outs from the SPFL, part time teams in the Championship with hardly any staff and less overheads got £500k whilst full time teams in League One got £100 and odd. Don’t think that was handled well, they should have looked at each team individually.

Still it’s all water under the bridge now and us fans stepped up to the plate during Covid and after to help our club out financially. That’s where we are different to many similar sized clubs in Scotland, we have a fan base who will dig deep when the need arises. 

13 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Our lot on the other hand, despite having witnessed a number of seasons of disappointment, a relegation and general underachievement which has led to us having comfortably become the worst full-time club in the country by some margin, seem content to be served up dross on the pitch and tolerate embarrassment off it (the George Galloway incident, the Gamergate interview).

What's the "Gamergate interview"? I haven't heard of this before.

1 minute ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

What's the "Gamergate interview"? I haven't heard of this before.

A few weeks ago, after a pitiful home defeat to Kelty, Bartley offered up a pretty incredible post-match interview.

The main theme involved casting individuals under passing busses. The highlight involved the claim that he'd discovered that players were spending 8-9 hours at a time on gaming chairs, tuned into their Playstations, during the day before matches.

It got picked up by the media and caused a stir.

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

We were one point behind 

For season 20/21

IMG_0533.png

@tazz1903

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A few weeks ago, after a pitiful home defeat to Kelty, Bartley offered up a pretty incredible post-match interview.

The main theme involved casting individuals under passing busses. The highlight involved the claim that he'd discovered that players were spending 8-9 hours at a time on gaming chairs, tuned into their Playstations, during the day before matches.

It got picked up by the media and caused a stir.

Of course! I watched that interview! I think Marvin Bartley might actually have had a point about footballers away from training and their screen time, but absolutely no-one wanted to hear it when he's scratching for excuses to explain away his team's lousy form.

(For what it's worth, I think it pales into insignificance compared to the George Galloway debacle - now that was a genuinely embarrassing moment for the club.)

2 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Of course! I watched that interview! I think Marvin Bartley might actually have had a point about footballers away from training and their screen time, but absolutely no-one wanted to hear it when he's scratching for excuses to explain away his team's lousy form.

(For what it's worth, I think it pales into insignificance compared to the George Galloway debacle - now that was a genuinely embarrassing moment for the club.)

Yeah, the George Galloway episode was truly inexplicable.