Falkirk v Queens

11 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Our most difficult away game Falkirk are unbeaten and heading for the Championship .

We wil be missing a few key players for this if we can somehow scramble a draw it would be a great result .

Our most difficult opponents. I wouldn't be surprised if its a draw we have struggled against queens on previous 2 games

3 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

Our most difficult opponents. I wouldn't be surprised if its a draw we have struggled against queens on previous 2 games

Still no idea how you've struggled. I expect this will be the game Falkirk turn up. We've had a very good run by our season's standards but I think it's a house of cards tbh. 

Hopefully no more injuries in training and we can field a semi-decent 11. Would be delighted with a point. 

Aye Queens have been up there with our toughest games this season along with Montrose and Hamilton. Probably given us the beat games out of anyone actually. No idea how they're so far back (losing to absolute dross like Kelty and Alloa). Bartley seems to be taking them in the right direction, albeit every slowly. Unlike the Stirling game yesterday when I expected us to win easily, I think this will be another close game and would take any kind of win. 

Queen's are a bit of an enigma having managed to raise their game at times in games against us and the likes of united in the cup whilst at other times have been beaten quite comfortably by sides they should be doing far better against.  We're on great form but need to keep the pedal to the metal. I'd like to think a win by a couple of goals should be achievable.

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Expecting another tough game against queens but I'd take any sort of win. Is Reilly still injured? 

No. One of the few who isn't. But could very well be by Saturday I suppose. Seems to be an injury every week at training with us. 

8 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Expecting another tough game against queens but I'd take any sort of win. Is Reilly still injured? 

Reilly has't missed a game since mid-October.

Brydon, Church, Cochrane, Mimnaugh and Houston are all out long-term and will definitely miss this one and in all likelihood the following couple of games at least (Brydon likely to return first).

McKay & Connelly missed yesterday's game but but should be okay for Falkirk.  McClelland should come back in after missing yesterday's win through suspension.

2 hours ago, Artemis said:

Queens are so far back because they have the worst record of the top 8 against the teams outside the bottom 2. They have played 14 games against the other 7 teams and they’ve lost 10 of them, gaining 8 points out of 42. The next worst team is Stirling who have 12 points from their 14 games.
Put another way, if Edinburgh and Annan weren’t in the league, Queens would be 8th out of the 8 teams, 4 points clear at the bottom.

That makes very sobering reading and highlights just how bad we have been in the first half of the season. Bartley is extremely fortunate to still be in post but the gap that has emerged between us and second bottom will give him a stay of execution probably until end of season. There is nothing inspiring in that but that’s what is likely to play out.

After a “kind run of fixtures” we start to face much tougher opposition in coming weeks and as you rightly point out the stats don’t lie. We can only hope to make some good signings in winter window and move some non-performers on. 

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Reilly has't missed a game since mid-October.

Brydon, Church, Cochrane, Mimnaugh and Houston are all out long-term and will definitely miss this one and in all likelihood the following couple of games at least (Brydon likely to return first).

McKay & Connelly missed yesterday's game but but should be okay for Falkirk.  McClelland should come back in after missing yesterday's win through suspension.

Many thanks for this, trying to get my head around the injuries. 

3 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Going by Marvin's post Annan interview it sounds like Brydon and Cochrane aren't long term now and should be back soon, although not in time for the Falkirk game. We are woefully short in central defence and midfield though.

Based on how we're playing  with our personnel problems and under our current manager 3 nil or less would be a moral victory. Yes we seem to have raised our game in the previous fixtures but in the here and now sadly I'd take that and move on to the Alloa game.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

McGlynn's job this week is to work out WHY we struggle against Queen of the South and set  plan to rectify it. Other teams appear to have managed but if it wasnt for a Brad Spencer rocket in the 88th min of the first game it would be a draw over 180 mins

I think someone said Queens form is a bit of an enigma but when teams only raise their game against better sides it suggests to me that the manager isn’t getting them motivated in games they are expected to win. I’m surprised Bartley is still in charge tbh.

Be interested in Queens posters thoughts on the reason why they only start to play against better sides such as ourselves……

Edited by roman_bairn