Joey Barton

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

There’s no way that you’re not being deliberately disingenuous here, so I’m not really that interested in debating this further with you.

Suffice it to say that I’m not taking seriously the argument about standard of player from someone who pays to watch Jake Hastie et al on a regular basis.

Scottish League One is miles above Scottish Women’s football in terms of quality. You’re kidding yourself on if you genuinely think otherwise.

Edited by Todd_is_God

35 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Scottish League One is miles above Scottish Women’s football in terms of quality. You’re kidding yourself on if you genuinely think otherwise.

If you compare it to mens football it's shit. If you accept that womens football has had very little investment and very little exposure and is at the very start of it's journey to a proper professional league then it makes comparisons to the mens game absolutely useless. 

He’s just like Katie Hopkins was a few years ago when the name pops up and you can’t help but find out what pitiful levels have now been stooped to. 

31 minutes ago, statts1976uk said:

It would be interesting to see if he's got the balls to meet her dad. 

Apparently the 7 time World Kickboxing Champion has offered to meet him to "discuss" the situation!

He soon wouldn't have his balls. Although I'm admittedly not familiar with the rules of that particular sport

3 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

When Cammy Bell had that howler against Motherwell in the playoffs (I think someone on here described it as being like watching a drunk man trying to punch a seagull away from his fish supper), we all had a good laugh at it, but nobody said that it was "cosplay football".  

Tbf there was a 4 year old club cosplaying as a 142 year old club in that game. 

4 hours ago, HTG said:

Barton's an absolute c**t 

There's one or two of them around and their permanently adolescent attention seeking drivel should be roundly ignored

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Finally, some sense.

Why watch it or concern yourself at all with something you think is shit though? I can’t understand the mindset here. 

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Why watch it or concern yourself at all with something you think is shit though? I can’t understand the mindset here. 

It's the PnB way. It happens on here with almost every single major sporting event involving a sport that isn't football. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's the PnB way. It happens on here with almost every single major sporting event involving a sport that isn't football. 

I’m mostly referring to Barton with my question here but Todd clearly spends plenty time putting himself through watching something he doesn’t have interest in.

Most girls/women I know aren’t really into football and most boys and men I know are. It’s really not a surprise that there is such a massive gulf in quality here and it’s only a good thing that more and more women are getting into it in the U.K. it’s just pathetic seeing him ridicule women’s football like that, lots of young girls would have been put off the sport for life because of arseholes like him.

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If you compare it to mens football it's shit. If you accept that womens football has had very little investment and very little exposure and is at the very start of it's journey to a proper professional league then it makes comparisons to the mens game absolutely useless. 

This is it exactly. Women's football right now is probably where men's football was just after WW2, with some teams and nations absolutely miles ahead of others.

Goalkeepers in women's football really aren't good at all by comparison to men, but that's for the reasons stated above, most probably.

I don't follow women's football at all and probably won't ever, but I find it pretty odious to highlight the mistakes of a 17 year old lass. There's no chance a 17 year old boy would be taking similar heat.

The man's a craven arsehole, but we all knew that.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Except in this case, it is football.