Joey Barton

Barton's been a Grade 1 thundercunt for years. None of this should be a surprise - someone will sue the shite out of him and he'll be able to martyr himself to other thundercunts for his legal costs as and when required. 

10 minutes ago, throbber said:

He’s going swinging for Jeremy vine a lot. Are you actually allowed to accuse someone of being a nonce when you aren’t an anonymous troll? 

I mean in terms of defamation none of us are allowed to just shout nonce at people we disagree with.  But if I call someone a nonce on here, and they decide to sue the first question will be asked will be ‘what the f**k is P&B, who is parsforlife and why should I care?’ 

As soon as It’s shown I’m just a bam on the internet it’s pretty hard for the complainer to show I’ve caused them significant harm.

I think Barton may get away with a similar defence tbh, is anyone actually taking him seriously?

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I mean in terms of defamation none of us are allowed to just shout nonce at people we disagree with.  But if I call someone a nonce on here, and they decide to sue the first question will be asked will be ‘what the f**k is P&B, who is parsforlife and why should I care?’ 

As soon as It’s shown I’m just a bam on the internet it’s pretty hard for the complainer to show I’ve caused them significant harm.

I think Barton may get away with a similar defence tbh, is anyone actually taking him seriously?

On here fair enough but even on Facebook if someone was publicly accusing you of being a nonce it is pretty abusive and threatening. There are millions of people who are seeing these tweets aimed at vine so even if people aren’t taking Barton seriously it is still wild accusations to be throwing about Willy nilly.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

On here fair enough but even on Facebook if someone was publicly accusing you of being a nonce it is pretty abusive and threatening. There are millions of people who are seeing these tweets aimed at vine so even if people aren’t taking Barton seriously it is still wild accusations to be throwing about Willy nilly.

I'm not sure if "nonce" and "willy nilly" in the same post is a good idea...

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Is Jeremy Vine a nonce though?

That’s the defence private eye usually go for in deformation cases.  The print something and someone takes a case, they don’t need to prove it was true, just they had reason to believe it could be.

Its basically ‘mon then want us to fully drag up the dirt and have a court prove it’s got a decent chance of being true.   I doubt Barton is as intelligent.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

If I called you a beast on Facebook my sentiment would be similar, only the judge would know the platform.

Guess it’s up to vine/itv and others caught in the crosshairs if they want to drag it up to the courts. If they do they have to show the direct financial cost of Barton’s actions.

Only other way for Barton to face more severe consequences is if folk start targeting vine in public and it can be taken as a direct result of Barton’s actions, again very hard to prove.

54 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

He appears to have nearly 3 million followers on Twitter/X.  Defamation laws in the UK are very strict compared to the USA, and legal costs can be eye-watering.  No idea what the Barton/Vine chat is all about but it sounds like daft Joey might be well advised to tread carefully....

54 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's funny Barton mentions nonces because when I saw this photo the other day that's exactly what I thought.

79738713-12937779-image-a-31_1704700978062.jpg

He was obviously Separated at Birth with  Shadwell  from Naked Video - 

IMG_1314.jpeg

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

It's funny Barton mentions nonces because when I saw this photo the other day that's exactly what I thought.

Add half a dioptre to those lenses and the prosecution can rest.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

aBm4M1P_460swp.webp

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/09/uk-sports-minister-seeks-action-over-dangerous-joey-barton-comments

"The UK sports minister has condemned Joey Barton’s comments about women’s football commentators as “dangerous” and has promised to intervene with social media platforms.

Barton’s misogynistic attacks against women have included calling ITV pundits Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward “the Fred and Rose West of football”, accusing unnamed commentators of violating marriages and “what you got from pillow talk” to get ahead, and saying women “aren’t qualified” to talk about the game.

Speaking to the culture, media and sport select committee, Stuart Andrew said the government “condemned” Barton’s remarks – and was looking into ways it could take action."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/12/joey-bartons-far-right-rebrand-points-to-sad-malaise-among-footballs-lost-boys

"Of course, this goes far deeper than one 41‑year‑old former Bristol Rovers manager (win ratio 37.1%) and his crumpled onanistic desire to feel something again. Not least because of the way he has broadened out his generic criticism to specific broadcasters, who have then had to face the wrath of his 2.7 million social media followers. And not least because of the additional emotional labour that many women in football have felt obliged to perform in the days since: defending their positions, defending their colleagues, defending their right simply to earn a living against a loud lunatic fringe with seemingly inexhaustible reserves of time, self-hatred and burner accounts."

25 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/09/uk-sports-minister-seeks-action-over-dangerous-joey-barton-comments

"The UK sports minister has condemned Joey Barton’s comments about women’s football commentators as “dangerous” and has promised to intervene with social media platforms.

Barton’s misogynistic attacks against women have included calling ITV pundits Eni Aluko and Lucy Ward “the Fred and Rose West of football”, accusing unnamed commentators of violating marriages and “what you got from pillow talk” to get ahead, and saying women “aren’t qualified” to talk about the game.

Speaking to the culture, media and sport select committee, Stuart Andrew said the government “condemned” Barton’s remarks – and was looking into ways it could take action."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/dec/12/joey-bartons-far-right-rebrand-points-to-sad-malaise-among-footballs-lost-boys

"Of course, this goes far deeper than one 41‑year‑old former Bristol Rovers manager (win ratio 37.1%) and his crumpled onanistic desire to feel something again. Not least because of the way he has broadened out his generic criticism to specific broadcasters, who have then had to face the wrath of his 2.7 million social media followers. And not least because of the additional emotional labour that many women in football have felt obliged to perform in the days since: defending their positions, defending their colleagues, defending their right simply to earn a living against a loud lunatic fringe with seemingly inexhaustible reserves of time, self-hatred and burner accounts."

“There’s f**k all I can do, but if I can get some free publicity that would be lovely” said the Minister