Joey Barton

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

He posts videos to show that car / van drivers regularly ignore the laws of the road, you mean.

Both this and him being a c**t are true.

He has the brain dead mentality of “I’m in the right so I’ll just plough on in front of this huge fucking lorry even though it’s clearly dangerous”. All to get clicks.

2 minutes ago, thisal said:

The income this will generate for him won't come from the people who agree with him it's the interest he generates from people disagree with him. All those hits and publicity are worth a fortune.

Stu Dickson missed a great opportunity to earn big money. Whatever happened to him?

Just now, Molotov said:

Stu Dickson missed a great opportunity to earn big money. Whatever happened to him?

Leccy bill from running a 20 TV house left him destitute, I reckon.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Is that not a different Jeremy Vine? I thought it was.

Same bloke I think

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

He posts videos to show that car / van drivers regularly ignore the laws of the road, you mean.

There’s no doubt that the cars/vans in his videos have made an error, but a bit of improved hazard perception from him would avoid most of the situations. He wants a confrontation to post on twitter

There is a decent chunk of the general population that'll do anything for attention, Barton is one of the guys who've found his way of getting it which is trying to be as controversial as possible.

This society where everyone is so desperate for attention is the fault of social media and reality TV, its very depressing.

Barton is a loser which I bet doesn't even believe 50% of the drivel he comes out with.

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Tbf, Jeremy Vines got a cheek saying anyone else has a brain injury when he posts videos regularly of him cycling in front of lorries/cars etc :lol:

Joey Barton and Matt Le Tissier podcast would be off the charts with nonsense 

He actually speeds up so that he can beat them to junctions,  he's going to end getting flattened by an hgv one of these days. 

7 hours ago, throbber said:

I think he’s unhinged but I don’t think he’s entirely stupid either - ie he knows his comments will be appealing to a certain demographic of divorced and insecure bald men.

He’s nothing even approaching stupid. He’s clever enough to know that when one attempt at remaining in the public conscious (his football “philosopher” schtick) isn’t bringing in enough readies, he needs to try something else. 

What's worrying is that he isn’t clever enough to see how dangerous peddling this shite is. Either that, or he genuinely doesn’t give a f**k. 

Abhorrent? Yep. Morally repugnant? You bet.

Stupid? Not for me, Laura. 

Edited by mozam76

28 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You're as bad at the stereotypes as the person you're trying to slag.

Not trying to slag him off too much I am enjoying it. He’s definitely unhinged and acting like Lawrence fox  but he’s right to call out ITV over their handling of Schofield. Love it when Twitter gets like this. 

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

He actually speeds up so that he can beat them to junctions,  he's going to end getting flattened by an hgv one of these days. 

He’ll have the last laugh though, as he’ll be able to have “But I had right of way” engraved on his gravestone.

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

It will be the middle class version of yon Edinburgh gangster goading his rivals and getting killed. 

20 minutes ago, Empty It said:

There is a decent chunk of the general population that'll do anything for attention, Barton is one of the guys who've found his way of getting it which is trying to be as controversial as possible.

This society where everyone is so desperate for attention is the fault of social media and reality TV, its very depressing.

Amen, brother...............

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He’ll have the last laugh though, as he’ll be able to have “But I had right of way” engraved on his gravestone.

They could stick it on a road and use it for traffic calming.

I actually got a notification from Twitter last night that started with something like "listen Gary, you settle down..." and for a minute thought I'd done something to piss him off, when it was actually meant to be Gary Neville.

Although I think he's an arse he'd probably beat me in a scrap

The thing that bothers me most about the Fred and Rose West comparison is it makes absolutely no sense. He's just said it for shock, but it has no substance to it. They were rapey serial murderers and did no media at all. There is no comparison with the Wests. It's fucking brainless.

18 minutes ago, velo army said:

The thing that bothers me most about the Fred and Rose West comparison is it makes absolutely no sense. He's just said it for shock, but it has no substance to it. They were rapey serial murderers and did no media at all. There is no comparison with the Wests. It's fucking brainless.

It’s also weird in that they killed numerous women thus stopping them from being involved in men’s football. I’d have thought Joey would be a fan. 

When his brother was on the run for murdering Anthony Walker he rang Joey Barton to ask for help (ie money) and the calls were recorded. Barton told his brother he had to come home and hand himself in, he actually did the right thing. To then go on some dickhead podcast and downplay what happened, call it a ‘scrap’ when his brother and accomplice drove an ice axe into Anthony Walkers skull killing him, is appalling.