Overrated/Underrated food.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

Under

Potatoes - fallen out of fashion due to trends against carbohydrate consumption, the humble potato is a thing of beauty. Baked with chilli con carne over the top, boiled with salmon fillets and green vegetables, roasted as part of a Sunday lunch - such a great thing to eat.

I made chips in the airfryer last night with some new potatoes I had left over.  I also bought some baked potatoes for lunch for the next few days.  A simply glorious and versatile food.

22 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I like your list its all good, and this might be a slightly off topic question, but - is there a question about how much tuna you consume weekly and mercury ?

Yes. My doctor has told me numerous times to cut down as my shoulders and knees are always in some type of swollen ache.

Fûck them though. They prescribe addiction. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Best thing to come out of Fife since the invention of the Thermos flask. 

image.jpeg

Those Chilli ones are sublime. I'm saddened to read I'm going to have to stop buying them such is my thirst to cut all aid off to Fife and see their people extinct.

Edited by Derry Alli

Overrated - Twix bars.

Underrated - Aldi’s Twix rip-off, the Jive bar. Packaging and typeface mimic the Twix, the bar is better tasting, with a creamier tasting caramel filling. Aldi’s Titan bars are better than Mars Bars too.

Controversial. Fight! Fight! Fight!

30 minutes ago, The Master said:

It’s almost as if steak and chicken are two completely different meats, with two completely different flavour profiles.

Sorry champ, but a slab of half warmed up cow on a plate in a pool of blood will always be boring no matter how you slice it.

Edited by Jives Miguel

Underrated: Olives - black, green, pimento, stuffed, sliced, tapenade etc etc. Love them on their own, in sauces, with bread, on pizza, etc. big part of my death row meal if/when that happens.

Also Veg in general.

Overrated: Prawns, basically insects of the sea. Agree that steak is overrated - now I quite like a steak now and then but it doesn’t merit the exalted status it has.

Also don’t get the bacon worship. Don’t mind an odd bacon roll but it’s nothing special and I can take it or leave it even in a fry up. Chewy and salty.

I've never tried scallops, lobster or caviar but I suspect if I ever do, they will be in the over-rated camp. Though I guess like a lot of things, there are vastly different levels of quality/freshness that could impact on that.

Would agree with others that the humble tattie is vastly underrated considering how versatile and tasty it is.

Would probably add peppered mackerel to the underrated column as well - sublime.

2 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

Sorry champ, but a slab of half warmed up cow on a plate in a pool of blood will always be boring no matter how you slice it.

This obviously a thread all about opinions, but this is a wild take. 

Especially when your starting point is “steak is boring because plain chicken is boring”. 

24 minutes ago, The Master said:

This obviously a thread all about opinions, but this is a wild take. 

Especially when your starting point is “steak is boring because plain chicken is boring”. 

Well I guess you'll be pleased to learn that I never said such a thing.

You steak cultists will never keep me down.

Not a fan of steak either! It's definitely on my overrated list.

However do like tuna. Planning on a tuna pasta bake tomorrow.

I feel that radishes are quite underrated.

54 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I've never tried scallops, lobster or caviar but I suspect if I ever do, they will be in the over-rated camp.

Scallops and Lobster are tremendous fair, fresh, lightly cooked and sitting next to the sea with a hangover.