Edinburgh Boys v Falkirk Bairns

I think we will see rotation of any players carrying a knock but won't see a full change as McGlynn is a bit too pragmatic to risk our position just to give guys a game.

Edited by GMBairn

I'd only rest players if they are carrying knocks. Otherwise keep the 11 the same. Hopefully Lang and Donaldson are both fit as they at least made it through the 90 minutes.  Another chance to see what Shanley can do, thought he did well last night when he came on. You've got to feel a bit sorry for Jordan Allan though 

Best thing you can do with a winning side* is keep playing it ... if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

* - what exactly is a winning side again?

A far more important game than the Bonnyrigg one - so if there’s a few players who can only play one of the 2 I’d put them in here. If we can do a Hamilton and be a few goals up at half time, ring the changes 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

A far more important game than the Bonnyrigg one - so if there’s a few players who can only play one of the 2 I’d put them in here. If we can do a Hamilton and be a few goals up at half time, ring the changes 

Pretty much this. i think that someone like Ethan Ross could start without any drop in quality and MacIver pulling up probably means it's best to bench him for Shanley but beyond that I'd only make forced changes.

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Agree with this for the most part. First priority by a proverbial mile is to gain promotion.
However the Bonnyrigg game is important from a financial standpoint too. A good run in this competition helped offset some of that £400k gap last season, and I’m sure we’ll be hoping to do the same this year….even more so if it helps fund us better for Championship football next season hopefully ……..

57 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Have Edinburgh City released their fans as well ...

photofunny.net_.jpg.f84a6eefca0fa9729b249e044d10b90f.jpg

Knowing that we're likely to be getting what is commonly known as a "shellacking" we're all in camouflage hiding and waiting for things to blow over...

fraser.jpg.2a698c1d39637cc27975253f2c6ec103.jpg

We're doomed, doomed... 

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

fraser.jpg.2a698c1d39637cc27975253f2c6ec103.jpg

We're doomed, doomed... 

Excuse me please, "Tam" ... but the actor John Laurie (above) was from Dumfries, so could you please refrain from using QOS appropriate material in future ... aye? 😎 🤭

Any type of win will do important to keep the run going. Have a gut feeling we might see Shanley start I don't think McGlynn will risk MacIver if he's in anyway a doubt. Hopefully Lang and Donaldson are both fit. 

Edited by ebobsboy

9 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

I wasn't going to go, but after Tuesday's effort and performance I am now. Here's tae parkview fitba at its best.

Was thinking the same - the boys deserve our support, even if it is a shit place to watch football, and a little NBP contribution might help Edinburgh make it through the season.

Was thinking after their Cove game that we could hit Edinburgh for double figures but they seem to have got a few bodies in and have kept the scorelines more respectable in the two games since. Would take any sort of win and our players to get through unscathed.

McGlynn has mentioned a few niggles and freshening things up. Mciver is out according to the FH and McGinn likely to start. Will be interesting to see how quickly the replacements get up to speed. The loans brought in by Edinburgh all look very young 

1 hour ago, lanky_ffc said:

Was thinking after their Cove game that we could hit Edinburgh for double figures 

Hamilton thought the same when they were 5-0 up after 35 minutes the other week. City managed to scrape a couple of goals back to keep it respectable ! 

A big miss for us will be Robbie Mahon who has moved to Dundalk on a permanent deal after being recalled from his loan spell at Motherwell. 

4 minutes ago, RubyTuesday said:

Hamilton thought the same when they were 5-0 up after 35 minutes the other week. City managed to scrape a couple of goals back to keep it respectable ! 

A big miss for us will be Robbie Mahon who has moved to Dundalk on a permanent deal after being recalled from his loan spell at Motherwell. 

He looked a player the other week when you played us.

Good that MacIver is only out for a couple of weeks, he should hopefully be back for the next league game at Alloa

Don't think it would be a bad thing for Yeats to get a rest either as is being reported, think he tired as last season went on which was why Rowe was brought in. Doesn't surprise me given the amount of distance he covers, even on Tuesday in the 86th minute he's played a 1-2 midway inside his own half, run the length of the park before laying the ball off for Oliver to score. Bisland didn't put a foot wrong down at Annan so no issue with him coming in.

I'd be a little more hesitant about starting McGinn but if Henderson or Spencer need a rest then so be it 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876