Nations League Draw (Thursday 5pm)

On 10/02/2024 at 17:06, craigkillie said:

Russia invaded a fellow UEFA member and then most of UEFA said they wouldn't play against them again as a result, including their potential opponents in the World Cup play-off, who said they would rather forfeit the game than play. That created a situation where a decision had to be made, and the only plausible choice from that point onwards was to suspend them. The fact they were already on a shoogly peg with their widespread doping across all sports (definitely including football as we saw at first hand in Euro 2020 qualifying) didn't help.

Israel are playing in a different confederation to the nation they have invaded, and there is a more complicated situation at play. If UEFA teams started to refuse to play Israel then we'd probably see something similar happen to them, but unfortunately they currently still have the support of most European nations, and therefore there is no immediate pressure.

What's 'more complicated' about it?

Israel's crimes are clearly far greater than Russia's (Israel is killing civilians at a rate approximately 30 times as high as Russia in Ukraine, in a land it has illegally occupied for 57 years), As were ours in Iraq as it happens. Its not complicated at all. 

What the game really needs is weirdos like Gianni Infantini deciding how many civilians you're allowed to murder.

Craigkillie's right - all UEFA care about is who's likely to be an arseache in organising their tournaments. They'd be quite happy to have Israel, Russia, and the Galactic Empire competing if there wasn't likely to be a boycott from their members. Exactly how many would have to boycott would be interesting though; they're quite happy to dope the draws if it was just a couple who didn't want to play Darth Vader's boys.

Think UEFA will be privately hoping that Israel fail to win the path B playoffs in March as they won’t want the tournament to be disturbed by protests from fans and maybe even boycotts (I don’t expect the latter to happen, although it might have if Ireland had qualified).

UEFA would surely rather Ukraine qualified instead. 

1 hour ago, JS_FFC said:

Think UEFA will be privately hoping that Israel fail to win the path B playoffs in March as they won’t want the tournament to be disturbed by protests from fans and maybe even boycotts 

Or worse a Munich 72 type incident.

4 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Or worse a Munich 72 type incident.

If Israel are in the tournament anything could happen.

I’d expect some dubious refereeing decisions if it’s getting close to a reality

On 12/02/2024 at 11:42, BFTD said:

What the game really needs is weirdos like Gianni Infantini deciding how many civilians you're allowed to murder.

Craigkillie's right - all UEFA care about is who's likely to be an arseache in organising their tournaments. They'd be quite happy to have Israel, Russia, and the Galactic Empire competing if there wasn't likely to be a boycott from their members. Exactly how many would have to boycott would be interesting though; they're quite happy to dope the draws if it was just a couple who didn't want to play Darth Vader's boys.

I like that baldy weirdo. If only for this madness:

“Today I feel Qatari. Today I feel Arab. Today I feel African. Today I feel gay. Today I feel disabled. Today I feel a migrant worker.”

I see the Scotland Supporters Club membership is at 38,000 and they aren’t taking new members at the moment, so I feel I could be struggling to get a ticket for the Portugal game in October.

On 10/02/2024 at 15:30, MarkoP said:

How can Israel seriously be allowed to slaughter women and children wholesale yet play at will?

Ukraine routinely bomb busses and marketplaces in Donetsk yet they’re supposed heroes?

Russia who have attempted not to cause collateral damage are totally out?

There is massive hypocrisy at work.

There should either be a ”you’re  at war, you can’t play “ or it should be ignored and everyone gets to play.

*down votes expected due to MSM propaganda 

Tankies gotta tank, I guess.

On 10/02/2024 at 15:30, MarkoP said:

Ukraine routinely bomb busses and marketplaces in Donetsk yet they’re supposed heroes?

Russia who have attempted not to cause collateral damage are totally out?

There is massive hypocrisy at work.

FBEmCyeVQAETiet.jpg

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I like that baldy weirdo. If only for this madness:

“Today I feel Qatari. Today I feel Arab. Today I feel African. Today I feel gay. Today I feel disabled. Today I feel a migrant worker.”

That reads like Caligula's to-do list on launching his new orgy boat.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any idea when we’re likely to hear the venues for Croatia/Poland?

Looking to get flights booked before prices fly up (pardon the pun) and it’s proving difficult to ensure we leave enough time to potentially get from one end of the country to another for a flight home.

On 23/02/2024 at 15:45, Les Cabbage said:

Anyone got any idea when we’re likely to hear the venues for Croatia/Poland?

Looking to get flights booked before prices fly up (pardon the pun) and it’s proving difficult to ensure we leave enough time to potentially get from one end of the country to another for a flight home.

No word on Poland, but Croatia have announced that our game is in Zagreb.

On 28/02/2024 at 17:59, archieduke said:

No word on Poland, but Croatia have announced that our game is in Zagreb.

Saw that last week, booked up for a few days in Split before travelling up to Zagreb on the Friday night.

Wasn’t massively impressed with Zagreb when I went however have been to Zadar and it was unbelievable, Split is just down the coast so it’ll be good to see somewhere new.

Suspect the weather will be better in Split too.

• 3 weeks later...