Jakes on a plane

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We went to Menorca when I was 8 or 9 and we got to Edinburgh Airport and there was a family of 4 checking in front of us. The dad had a full Celtic tracksuit on with matching polo, the mum had a Celtic top on and the two wee boys had full kits on. 

On the return journey they had different tracksuits/shirts/kits on but still looked like the Celtic club shop had threw up on them. Almost like it was their official family travel attire

I mentioned a similar situation on another thread a while back. On holiday in Turkey and the Da of a family who had a balcony on the first floor overlooking the pool/entertainment area would appear there every night wearing a different piece of club merchandise. Even saw him in restaurants at night wearing it. Embarrassing doesn't come close.

Sad, sad stuff that people feel that a football club is their whole identity and think anyone else is remotely interested in this cringey as fcuk behaviour. As per my previous post though, it makes it very easy for the rest of us to identify and avoid the cretins..

8 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I've never seen the attraction of wearing football colours/strips outwith match situations. 

When I see folk on planes wearing football jerseys, tracksuits etc, I don't think "oh look, there's a (insert name of club) supporter.". I think "oh look, there's an ar#ehole."

I prefer it, means you know who to avoid. We flew back from Antalya last week and the cretins on our flight doing the swearing and behaving like morons had old firm tops on. 

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

Looks like he smacked some sort of security official there, possibly police. In that sort of condition i wouldn't be surprised if had a nasty accident on the stairs or trying to open a door.  

Yeh hes gonna regret that. Turkish polis dont mess about, hes going to be getting flung about like a wet trackie. 

I do quite enjoy that the police in Turkey are actually called the polis. Yous are right though, of all the countries in Europe (well, partly in Europe in this case) in which to try the little stunt of punching a policeman, Turkey would definitely be one of the bottom ranked candidates. Can't imagine they let that slide. 

Do you not still get your c**t kicked in here for attacking a polis?

This was years ago, but my wife-beating neighbour across the landing tried it when his missus locked him out of the flat and Plod came to take him away for kicking the door in. He decided it would be smart to take a drunken swing at the arresting officer and his face had a brief, sudden meeting with the close wall. I'm not a fan of authoritarianism, so it's a real shame that I never saw that happen  :whistle

39 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This was years ago, but my wife-beating neighbour across the landing tried it when his missus locked him out of the flat and Plod came to take him away for kicking the door in. He decided it would be smart to take a drunken swing at the arresting officer and his face had a brief, sudden meeting with the close wall. I'm not a fan of authoritarianism, so it's a real shame that I never saw that happen  :whistle

That bald island McGowan p***k seems to get away with it all the time. Would love to watch the Polis kick his neddy c**t in. Thank you.

1 hour ago, StygianDepths said:

I do quite enjoy that the police in Turkey are actually called the polis. Yous are right though, of all the countries in Europe (well, partly in Europe in this case) in which to try the little stunt of punching a policeman, Turkey would definitely be one of the bottom ranked candidates. Can't imagine they let that slide. 

Im not a big fan of gratuitous violence, but from what I know about the turkish justice system, i hope the celtic fan is, because hes going to be getting a lot of it. Hes going to do serious time for that if the turks decide to prosecute. Also to the best of my knowledge they dont have a bail system in Turkey. They also arent particular fans of terrorist groups either. In short, if they run with that case (instead of papping him on a plane) then that guys fucked. 

Perhaps the Green Brigade and the Bhoys will attempt a rescue mission. 

Can’t let a fellow cnut suffer such polis brutality after public provocation and intimidation. 

You’ll never walk alone?

“When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark“

Possibly you’ll never walk again if the Turkish polis have their way.

Hopefully you’ll never fly again…..

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

image.gif.703cd1a7dc0430ceb1b6dabc2ec7d471.gif

Daughter was flying out of Glasgow yesterday at 3,20 pm.Plane left on time and 5 hours later she was still sitting in Bristol Airport as the plane turned back as a drunken group were creating mayhem 2 lifted and 1 allowed back on after being questioned . Made it to Tenerife at midnight as they had to wait for new crew arriving as the existing ones would have exceeded there hours

26 minutes ago, PogoStick said:

so everybody else on board loses an evening of their holiday… rotten

should be a specific mechanism whereby every passenger gets their flight cost refunded by these losers

Utter scum

And the ones flying home that evening had to spend a night in a hotel at the airport as the return flight did not leave

16 hours ago, Molotov said:

🤦 

This guy should never ever be allowed to fly again……

What a horrible arsehole.

Theres kids on that flight scared by this tit.

Lets hope he is dealt with "appropriately" by the local police.

Speaking of scum abroad, I find it genuinely bizarre that in this day and age there are hundreds of Sevco fans that congregate in Benidorm on 12th July and hold an orange walk. wtf is that all about?

1 minute ago, JS_FFC said:

Speaking of scum abroad, I find it genuinely bizarre that in this day and age there are hundreds of Sevco fans that congregate in Benidorm on 12th July and hold an orange walk. wtf is that all about?

Happens in Marmaris as well. Its despicable. Have honestly taken the time to look at the types of bars around potential holiday spots now and if theres anything old firmy in the area its a swift avoid. Spent a week in a resort in Turkey geared more towards the dutch and germans and honestly it was great, not a single drunken arsehole the whole week. Its no wonder the locals in Majorca and Canary isles are campaigning against british tourists the way some folk behave. 

It's always Old Firm fans as they're the lowest common denominator, in all of society.  In school, it was always the arseholes in my year who were OF fans, always the bottom of the class academically in my year who were OF fans. In my work life the OF fans never got to management positions, they were always the 'worker ants'.

I've mentioned this before but I don't think I've ever had a manager who was an OF fan in any job I've had. I've had a United, Raith, Hearts and I think a The Caley fan, although he never came out and said he was but I've seen him at games. Never a Celtic or Rangers fan.  Very strange isn't it? Why is that? Given there's so many of them.

Trying to think of the allegiances of all my managers through my career.  Of those who have enjoyed football I think it goes - Rangers, Newcastle Utd, Hibs, Hibs, Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Tottenham, Aberdeen, Rangers, Newcastle Utd.

The ones who support English teams were actual fans of those teams, from the area.  

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Trying to think of the allegiances of all my managers through my career.  Of those who have enjoyed football I think it goes - Rangers, Newcastle Utd, Hibs, Hibs, Falkirk, Dundee Utd, Tottenham, Aberdeen, Rangers, Newcastle Utd.

The ones who support English teams were actual fans of those teams, from the area.  

^ ^ ^ Worked in the Rangers shops in Inverness and Edinburgh-type post IMO.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It's always Old Firm fans as they're the lowest common denominator, in all of society.  In school, it was always the arseholes in my year who were OF fans, always the bottom of the class academically in my year who were OF fans. In my work life the OF fans never got to management positions, they were always the 'worker ants'.

I've mentioned this before but I don't think I've ever had a manager who was an OF fan in any job I've had. I've had a United, Raith, Hearts and I think a The Caley fan, although he never came out and said he was but I've seen him at games. Never a Celtic or Rangers fan.  Very strange isn't it? Why is that? Given there's so many of them.

I know a fair few really decent old firm fans, working in my job i find it funny when im at football or otherwise and their being screamed at by people who support the same team (im talking guys i know who have season tickets etc) being accused of being the other side etc because it feeds into the conspiracy stuff that poisons both supports.